Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Exercise on holiday

WarmWishes · 16/08/2018 13:42

Going away soon for a week. Villa with a/c. Forecast is 30 degrees dawn until dusk, so don't think I can cope with a run outside which is what I normally do on holiday.

Not sure if there will be any hotels willing to allow me to pay to use.

What do committed exercise people like me do on holiday?

Are there any good tips I can follow? Something I can download and exercise to for the week?

I know there are hiit videos on YouTube but they seem hit and miss.

Something suitable for someone who's level of fitness is light to medium weight training and runs 5km in 30 minutes. So not uber fit but reasonable.

OP's posts:
Please
or

evilharpy · 16/08/2018 14:06

Get a free trial of Les Mils On Demand. Do body combat/griit.

Please
or

Hallouminati · 16/08/2018 14:15

Download a HIIT app? I'm sure someone on here will be able to recommend a good one.

I take my running things on hot holidays and usually find by Day 3 I'm either acclimatised to the weather or just so desperate for a run I'll tolerate the heat! I do go out early and keep at a gentle pace though.

Please
or

legolimb · 16/08/2018 14:29

If you have a laptop do a Jillian Michaels or similar via You Tube or Fitness Blender.

I bought a pack of resistance bands. They pack small and can be useful to increase the effort when doing squats etc.

Please
or

carrie74 · 17/08/2018 09:57

If you run first thing it's usually a bit cooler. I'm on a group holiday at the moment, we've run, done lots of swimming, done some HIIT circuits (I've got an App that I also use at home with my own designed circuits, but it's not particularly technical - burpees, high knees, press ups, lunges, etc), long walks, cycling (proper road cycling, with the gear).

I've also got resistance bands that I bought to take on holidays but not used them really (and so not brought them with me).

Bodyweight stuff is still really good.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.