Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Hiring a running machine?

justaperson · 29/04/2018 20:31

Thinking of hiring a running machine / treadmill as getting out of the house to run is a nightmare time-wise. I was running a few times a week but am now back to doing no exercise again.
I'd like to be able to run and read a book / watch telly but worried that the novelty might wear off! Has anyone hired a treadmill - any recommendations?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BrassicaBabe · 29/04/2018 21:31

Sorry. No input. Just following x

Please
or

carrie74 · 29/04/2018 22:13

DH and I both use the treadmill (and he wanted it more than me). We actually bought a really good quality one used on eBay, which may be worth looking into - I have a feeling hire charges are pretty high? I looked into renting a rowing machine years ago, but the cost put me off, so I presume treadmills would be the same?

Things we needed as a feature included a long enough deck as DH is v tall so has a long stride, a good motor (this was on advice of my PT who suggested a cheaper treadmill would have a lesser engine and would be more likely to burnout quickly), then we liked the idea of it being folding (ours is), ability to link into apps (ours can, but we've never used the function).

We've had it for a few years now and I'd say we use it at least weekly, often more, especially in winter when it's too dark so much of the time.

Please
or

bananaramasllama · 29/04/2018 22:23

What make is it @carrie74?

Please
or

carrie74 · 29/04/2018 22:48

NordicTrack. The guy we'd bought it from had bought it new from John Lewis for approx £1k 8 think, and then used it about 5 times Shock.

Please
or

Heismyopendoor · 29/04/2018 22:50

I was going to hire a cross trainer but I’m the end picked one up second hand on gumtree. Gym standard for £50

Please
or

justaperson · 30/04/2018 18:17

Thanks everyone - perhaps second hand is the way to go then!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.