Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Which Jillian Michaels' workout?

QueenOfTheAndals · 01/03/2018 10:14

I downloaded her app and am not sure whether to go for the Slim 60 plan or the Bikini Body one. I've not done any of her workouts before, or her DVDs.

I only have about 3-4kg to lose but I did a month of Kayla Itsines' BBG workouts and they wrecked my knees. I do Les Mills classes at the gym about 3 times a week so am looking for something to do in between.

I'm not in bad shape overall - just had a couple of months of cold weather overeating and want to make sure I lose the winter weight before the summer!

OP's posts:
Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 02/03/2018 13:04

Anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lovelyusername · 07/03/2018 06:38

I am doing THe Gauntlet plus weights. It is great. I had also done the 30 days Abs ones. They really work, don’t think it matter too much which one you choose, just stick to it.

Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 07/03/2018 06:57

Glad to get a response at last! I tried slim 60 but it was a bit too easy so am now trying bikini bod instead. Are you meant to do a workout every day? I can only fit in 3 a week as I do gym classes too.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lovelyusername · 07/03/2018 14:29

Not sure. I only do three a week plus a couple of 5k runs. But I have found the key is to add weights. So just moved up to 4kgs and I try to do all the exercises holding those.

But gym plus JM is a lot - you just be feeling fit?

Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 08/03/2018 09:56

I've slacked off the gym a bit and eaten too much the last couple of months so trying to reign it back in time for summer. Somehow the Xmas/NY indulgence went on til February! I do like the variety Jillian offers and the workouts aren't as hard on my joints as BBG.

OP's posts:
Please
or

violetbunny · 11/03/2018 02:20

I am absolutely loving her app. Having done a number of her DVDs before, I completed the Bikini Body workout and am now onto the Sexy Ab programme (which is similar, but has more frequent cardio workouts).
I am on the intermediate level and using dumbbells as my only equipment, don't seem to need much more than that really.

Please
or

violetbunny · 11/03/2018 02:22

Forgot to add, I am sticking quite religiously to the programme so doing the workouts 6x a week since the start of January (though there has been the odd week where I have only managed 5x). I find it's a lot more efficient than going to the gym personally.

Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 11/03/2018 07:34

Did you notice a difference after the bikini body programme? I plan on doing the legs or abs one after and then the upper body.

OP's posts:
Please
or

violetbunny · 11/03/2018 18:38

Yes definitely noticed a difference. I am so far preferring the Sexy Abs one though as it's cardio and strength on alternate days, instead of 2 x strength, 1 x cardio.

Please
or

Lovelyusername · 17/03/2018 17:58

Yes also love doing the gauntlet then a couple of the 7 min ones too. A really good mix.

Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 17/03/2018 19:41

So I just completed the first week of bikini body, despite doing it for 2 weeks! Guess it is designed to be done 6 days a week but 3 is enough for me as I'm alternating it with gym classes.

Gauntlet looks interesting - how exactly does it work?

OP's posts:
Please
or

macnab · 25/04/2018 09:28

Anyone else still doing this? I downloaded the App because I wanted to do 30DS again but it's gone from YouTube and I don't have a DVD player. It looks good, but I'm surprised there's no weights in it? Or am I wrong? I've had a quick look at all the exercises and can't see her holding any. Going to start the bikini body one this evening. Will I be getting her motivational gems like "don't phone it in" and "I want you to feel like you're gonna DIE" ?? I will be a bit disappointed if I don't Grin

Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 25/04/2018 13:22

I'm just nearing the end of the bikini body plan. I don't look like Jillian (yet!) but I think it's made a difference and I'm definitely stronger now.

I'm going to start the abs programme next week as I have a beach holiday in June. I don't have time to do the workouts everyday as I go to the gym too but I manage 3 days a week.

And yes, she likes her motivational quotes but they aren't too excessive!

OP's posts:
Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 25/04/2018 13:23

Re weights, you can swap some of the exercises for ones with dumbbells etc

OP's posts:
Please
or

FB1972 · 07/06/2018 19:03

I’ve just started the beginner fitness program and then plan on doing the bikini one before holidays. When I come back from holidays going to start the gauntlet. A couple of years ago I did a lot of her programs and really liked the burn fat boost metabolism one. I then went back to work and lost it all 😢.

I do 5k and 10K runs regularly but need to sort my middle & arms out.

Please
or

QueenOfTheAndals · 09/06/2018 15:51

Well after several months of doing her workouts I have reached my goal weight and feel stronger too!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.