Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

suspension trainers / TRX

sheepysheep · 09/01/2018 09:15

Can anyone recommend some good online exercise videos that I can follow - ideally in real time - using a suspension trainer? Or decent PDF type plans?

I picked one up in Aldi last night for the bargain price of £9.99! I do lots of running and cycling but I am new to strength / weights. I've had a look online and there are loads of videos on there. But because I know nothing about this type of exercise I don't know which videos show the best exercises with decent technique.

In an ideal world I would get a PT / go to the gym but I live in the arse end of nowhere on a farm so getting to a gym is a time consuming - not necessarily a problem but I've got two small children and work long hours so disappearing for yet more time isn't possible. Having a treadmill and turbo means I can exercise when they are sleeping but I would like to improve my core. I have strong legs but woefully weak core and poor upper body strength...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Arkangel · 09/01/2018 09:29

Have you got any PTs that would come to you?

Suspension training isn't hard but if you've not got form right it can be a nightmare. A PT can at least visit and look at what you're doing.

Please
or

sheepysheep · 09/01/2018 10:06

That's what I'm a bit worried about - I don't want to do any harm by doing it wrong. I'm not sure anyone would come here as the nearest gym is 40 minutes drive away (slightly longer for someone who doesn't know the twisty roads!). Well, maybe they would, but the cost would be pretty painful! I will ask...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Arkangel · 09/01/2018 10:09

Well around me it seems to be quite lucrative for PTs starting out to have vans or do Skype sessions.
Maybe google? I'm just starting back into the gym and asking for advice can be a bit overwhelming.

Please
or

duriandurian · 09/01/2018 10:15

I use TRX trainer at the gym as part of a group bootcamp. Things that we do that I think would be hard to get wrong:

1. TRX pull ups (lie feet on floor facing up -body at about 45', pull up using arms)
  2. TRX pistol squats. Squat on one leg, other extended in front of you- use the TRX for balance, not to pull yourself up, leg muscles need to be doing that
  3. TRX push ups - V hard and unpleasant IMO but prob good for you
  4. Jump squats - use the ropes to help you bounce higher/maintain balance
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.