Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Preparing for covid exposure today

MarianneFaithful · 26/01/2022 08:52

I'm going to be with +ve people today. We then plan to isolate together.
What should I do/get before exposure? I can get to a supermarket before I see them.
Paracetamol
Calpol
Fruit juice
Tins of soup
??
??

OP's posts:
Please
or

BigSandyBalls2015 · 26/01/2022 08:53

Why!

Please
or

HermioneGrangersHair · 26/01/2022 08:54

Just why?

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 26/01/2022 08:55

Er, don’t meet them?

Please
or

cheekychaplin · 26/01/2022 08:55

Ventilator 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please
or

SleepingStandingUp · 26/01/2022 08:55

You raise you might not catch it or might not catch it until the very end of their covid? So are you prepared to be there for a few weeks? Once they're clear they can go out so are you prepared for that too?

Its impossible to know how you'll feel. It's been coughs here. So paracetamol and cough meds

Please
or

lunar1 · 26/01/2022 08:56

Why?

Please
or

SLH2003 · 26/01/2022 08:57

I had 2 positive cases in the house. When I needed stuff I went to the shops.....

Please
or

delilahbucket · 26/01/2022 08:57

If you are vaccinated you don't need to isolate after contact unless you test positive as well. You could test negative for five days while isolating and then test positive and potentially extend your own isolation by another ten days.
Take plenty of food, at least a week's worth for as many people you need to feed if they have not got much in. You can only buy two packs of paracetamol at a time, depends how many people there are requiring them. You will probably need tissues as a runny nose is a common symptom. Have you asked them if they need anything?

Please
or

HaveANiceFuckingDay · 26/01/2022 09:00

Ooooh can I come to the covid party ?
It's like the chicken pox party but for grown ups
Paracetamol, Netflix and lots of wineohand be prepared for loss of taste and smell ... mid November and neither have returned ffs

Please
or

LethargeMarg · 26/01/2022 09:00

Well obviously face masks and ideally eye protection, lots of ventilation , don't accept drinks from them etc ...unless for some strange and dangerous reason you're deliberately trying to catch it?

Please
or

Postdatedpandemic · 26/01/2022 09:02

Assuming you are well jabbed.

Easy simple to prepare food, paracetamol.
Most people have Omicron mildly but a few feel as rough as shit.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I get your thought process.

Please
or

Pleaseuniverseplease · 26/01/2022 09:04

A brain?

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 26/01/2022 09:05

After DS and I tested positive and before DH did (we knew he was very likely to shortly), he went and got (apart from food): Paracetamol, neurofen, anaesthetic throat spray, turmeric capsules, tissues. Already had vit D, vit C, prescription meds. Of all these the Paracetamol and throat spray have been the most important (to me).

Please
or

ItSeemsRidiculous · 26/01/2022 09:05

As you said calpol I'm assuming the positive people are your children and this is contact time or they're coming back after contact time?
Slightly less dramatic than the covid party it sounds like.

I'd make sure you have pain relief and enough food/drink to get you through.
We survived with netflix and board games.
For us the isolating was worse than the illness so focus on things to break the time up

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 26/01/2022 09:08

Why are people being so horrible without knowing the circumstances? I have a friend for example who is considering fetching her quite-ill child (aged just 18) from her university town, and just accepting the time off work if she catches Covid. People have to make their own judgements.

Please
or

countrygirl99 · 26/01/2022 09:10

I was able to visit my dad when he was dying on a covid ward. Bay of 6, ward full of people breathing out covid. I just did LFTs for a week.

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 26/01/2022 09:11

No-one is "deliberately trying to to catch it", can people not conceive of a situation where they might have to look after someone ill with Covid? Ffs.

Please
or

CroftPlace · 26/01/2022 09:16

COVID threads do bring the worst out in posters on here. Why is that?

I have COVID. I've been so ill for over a week now. I've never suffered like this. Awful, awful virus.

Please
or

Pleaseuniverseplease · 26/01/2022 09:17

@Pleaseuniverseplease

A brain?

I'm sorry but on first read it seemed OP had marketed her post as if she was going on some kind of jolly.
What are the circumstances if you don't mind me asking OP?
Please
or

SLH2003 · 26/01/2022 09:17

@theDudesmummy

No-one is "deliberately trying to to catch it", can people not conceive of a situation where they might have to look after someone ill with Covid? Ffs.

Ive looked after those I'll with covid. I don't understand why she is isolating as well though. I certainly didn't.
Please
or

LethargeMarg · 26/01/2022 09:20

@theDudesmummy

Actually they are- not sure if this is op and hopefully not but covid exposure parties are quite a big thing even though they are illegal. In Italy people are paying to meet with covid positive people to try and catch it at a 'convenienr' time it was on Jeremy vine this week so this is what springs to mind reading this
Please
or

cherryonthecakes · 26/01/2022 09:21

I'm assuming that she's isolating because she's not vaccinated.

Please
or

x2boys · 26/01/2022 09:23

Assuming you have had all your vaccines ,there is a good chance you won't catch it
My 15 year old son has had it twice and I haven't caught it either time .

Please
or

SleepingStandingUp · 26/01/2022 09:29

Oh LFTs, you can test from day 5 so plenty of them

RE isolating, DH and I are both vaccinated, he still wfh when I had it new year and I kept DS home. I mean he went back for a week and caught it fro ma kid from school so was pointless but at least I didn't start the downfall of year 2

Please
or

LibbyR79 · 26/01/2022 09:40

Thermometer, oxygen monitor. Have it at the moment and it's worse than I expected. Hope you keep well.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.