Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Fourth thread for ttc!

ArjaD · 23/01/2021 16:46

Hey all, I was getting nervous as we are nearly at 1000 posts again! So here's thread nr 4! Please tag all who I have forgotten, sorry I haven't gone through the whole thing to pick up the names!
@dizzy85
@NicoleR14
@Sungirl11

OP's posts:
Please
or

ArjaD · 26/06/2021 22:24

@NicoleR14 hey Nicole, aw sorry to hear about the struggle 😣 it's hard going. We're not very successful after MC last year either, it's so stressful. Thinking I'm getting too old now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NicoleR14 · 27/06/2021 10:54

@ArjaD I don't think you are too old there has been far too many older women in their 40s and 50s having baby's the doctors think that people aged over 35 should have children because they are a responsible parent if your under that age you aren't responsible enough my gp actually tried talking me out of ttc with this story πŸ˜‚xx

Please
or

dizzy85 · 27/06/2021 13:03

@NicoleR14 a little break every now and then is definitely needed! Congrats on losing weight, that is hard work..especially with all this lockdown stress too, how are you going about it?
I keep going up and down with my weight I can't seem to keep it off.
Sorry your still struggling with ttc, it's pretty much the same here really, I just keep trying and hoping. Currently about 7dpo now. Good luck for this cycle🀞

Please
or

Sungirl11 · 27/06/2021 13:37

Hi everyone!! It's so lovely to see a bit more of movement on here 😍

@shelly10111 thank you!! I feel so good and it makes us so happy!
I understand what you say, ours is the first but we will be so clingy.. we have wanted him/her so much that I'm sure i'll be stuck 24/7 πŸ˜‚

@NicoleR14 thank you ❀️ we finally made it (with help haha).
Well done on achieving your goals, all this will help you and you mist feel soo good of doing it ❀️
Your dr tried to talk you bollocks! Hahah every age is good all in a different way! The youngest the better as of energy and time etc, the oldest also good because of experience and most times everything else is settled in life. I was clearly not ready in my 20s as I was crazy and just wanted to live life, and now I am and i'm ok with it. And other friends wanted to settle down and their kids are already 5,6,7,10... and they are as happy as I am today! So.. it's the right time when you are ready. That is it. Xx
@dizzy85 keeping my fingers crossed for you🀞🏻🀞🏻✨✨

We are still waiting for our results πŸ™ˆ i contacted the clinic on Friday like.. is everything ok? And apparently the lab was undergoing a software update and we won't get them until Tuesday or so... two weeks!! This clinic is rubbish.. honestly! They have delayed aaalll my important results during the whole process with one excuse or another...
On Tuesday we have our first NHS scan anyways and they do the same tests again. So will get answers from both sides. Hoping it's all good and baby is comfy and healthy with mommy ❀️

Please
or

lol2015 · 27/06/2021 17:22

Happy Sunday everyone

just looking for some advice I’m currently 5dpo but feeling super rubbish, past couple of days I’ve struggled with feeling tired, my boobs are heavy, today I feel so nauseous. In my head I think it’s to early to feel anything but wondered if anyone else had felt anything this early

Thank you xx

Please
or

NicoleR14 · 28/06/2021 13:56

@dizzy85 just another 7 days! This is horrible this waiting carry on and thank you I was nearly 18st and im down to 15st4 so I've lost a good bit so far but I need to be 40bmi or less before the clinic will see us and thank you @sungirl11 I totally agree I feel like you are ready when you feel ready Dr's are totally rubbish here af is currently 1 day late and she hasn't been late in 4 months she's been on time every time but not this time I ovulated on Sunday the 14th so I should have came on yesterday but didn't and clear blue pg test was neg again so I know I'm not pg

Please
or

ArjaD · 28/06/2021 17:03

@lol2015 yeah defo way too early to feel anything, but we are all guilty of symptom spotting at one point or another X
@NicoleR14 aw you've done well! That's a lot of weight to lose! I've been on the health kick too, gone from 12.5 stone to 10.5, hoping to lose another half a stone or so, that will do. It helps that I can work again and I do a very physical job. Predicted ovulation is in two days for me so been DDT for the past few days and will carry on for another few!

OP's posts:
Please
or

firstimemamma · 28/06/2021 17:35

Never commented on a conception thread before but can I please vent a bit? Driving myself crazy here!

Please
or

ArjaD · 28/06/2021 18:23

@firstimemamma shoot πŸ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

firstimemamma · 28/06/2021 18:50

@ArjaD we were meant to start trying this month but things were hectic and my husband's shifts were very full on so we only had sex twice this month (it's usually at least once a week). I was pretty much ready to just write this month off and start afresh in July but now I just can't shake the feeling that I might be pregnant!!!! I only came off the pill on the second of June so it really would be incredibly lucky if I am. The 2 times we did have sex were in my fertile window according to my app and my period is due in 4 days (again according to the app but as I've just come off the pill who knows). Trying to refrain from testing until due to come on! I'm bloated with a weird feeling in my belly. Just wish I could either be pregnant or on my period - I'd like closure! Keep wondering what if. Sorry for the rant, none of my friends know we are trying.

Please
or

firstimemamma · 28/06/2021 18:57

I've also had period pains on and off for a few days now but zero blood. That's not normal for me but then of course it could just be a side effect from coming off the pill so I'm trying hard to not get my hopes up.

Please
or

ArjaD · 28/06/2021 20:11

@firstimemamma aw we do know how to drive ourselves crazy huh! Hopefully you got lucky first time. If there's anything I learned is that no two months are ever the same again. Some months I get cramps ten days before af until she shows, other months nothing at all. It's still hard not to get your hopes up though. Is it your first?

OP's posts:
Please
or

firstimemamma · 28/06/2021 20:23

@ArjaD thanks for the reply Smileall I can do is wait and see really. No it won't be our first, we already have ds who is nearly 3. He's been asking for a sibling regularly (as in never missing a week) since October last year bless him!

Please
or

ArjaD · 29/06/2021 07:14

@firstimemamma aw we have a three year old boy too. Doesn't get the concept yet of brothers and sisters though. It's a wonderful age ❀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sungirl11 · 29/06/2021 07:15

Good morning ladies!
@firstimemamma I believe you would be extremely lucky to get pregnant the same month you stopped the pill, but nothing is impossible! I can't help with symptoms as my pregnancy has been assisted so it's all different with meds.
But feel free to stay and symptom spot with the girls! Haha
@lol2015 same as before, sorry can't help with symptoms!
@NicoleR14 you've done so well!! That is a strong will power! πŸ’ͺ🏻
@ArjaD go for ir girl!! Get that exercise done for the week! Haha

We got our results yest evening and our baby is all low risk and healthy for everything. So we are over the moon! We have our 12w scan today with NHS and we get to see him/her again!
And gender reveal party booked on the 21st August 😍😍
Awww i'm so excited ❀️

Please
or

firstimemamma · 29/06/2021 12:07

@Sungirl11 thank you for the friendly hello and congratulations to you!

@ArjaD it's a wonderful age isn't it and so funny too! Smile

Please
or

ArjaD · 29/06/2021 16:18

@Sungirl11 aw I'm so excited for you!!!!!!! All wonderful news, it's amazing!!!!!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

OP's posts:
Please
or

ArjaD · 04/07/2021 07:45

How are we all doing ladies? Where in your cycles are you all now, those who are still trying? I'm 4dpo today. Thankfully have plenty to do to keep me busy so I'm not driving myself too crazy yet. Found out a few days ago my friend is two months along now, she's 40 and had been trying for years until they eventually went for IVF . Took first time, I'm so immensely chuffed for them ❀️❀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

dizzy85 · 07/07/2021 09:06

@ArjaD hey how's your tww going? I had my period come Friday but it was weird it only lasted for a day then tailed off but I've tested a few times and negative so def not preg but it was odd.
Fingers crossed for you this month. That's lovely about your friend it gives us hope there's still plenty of time 😊

Please
or

lol2015 · 07/07/2021 10:39

14 dpo
Anything??

Fourth thread for ttc!
Please
or

dizzy85 · 07/07/2021 11:03

@lol2015 hey, it does look like faint lines but I would maybe try a FRER as that will give you a better idea. I've had quite a few watermarks on these strip tests so I don't trust them as much anymore, I even just done one after my period, coz I'm crazy lol, but I got some watermarks then that looked like lines..but then I have also had some strip tests before be really faint and the FRER be strong so I'd say do a better test and I really hope it's a positive for you 🀞🀞🀞

Please
or

ArjaD · 07/07/2021 12:14

@lol2015 I see lines! But I'm always sceptic till I get a positive clear blue digital

OP's posts:
Please
or

ArjaD · 07/07/2021 12:16

@dizzy85 hate the tww as much as ever. 7dpo and dying to test. That's so weird about your period. stress may do weird things to our bodies, it defo does with me

OP's posts:
Please
or

ArjaD · 07/07/2021 16:44

Went to buy the Superdrug early tests, pleeease someone talk me out of taking one XD

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sungirl11 · 07/07/2021 17:05

@ArjaD 🀣🀣 not good at this!! We all are crazy testers πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ
If it's not it's not, you always will have the no... but if it's a yes, you will treasure this from the very beginning...
How can I be so bad at this? Hahah πŸ™ˆ I tested 7dp transfer when told to wait.. not good at waiting!

@lol2015 I can see lines there too, and I don't normally have line eyes... but as the girls say, I would test on a FRER better or a CB soon. Hope it is a BFP X

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?