Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for the use of Black Mumsnetters. Others are welcome to post but please be respectful.

Haircut for mixed hair SW London

absolutehush · 26/07/2022 09:52

Hoping to get some recommendations for a hairdresser for mixed/Afro hair in SW london, preferably near to Tooting/Balham.

I want to take my DD for her first haircut and I have no idea what to look for. She hair gorgeous hair and it only needs a trim, I think. But I'd like to take her somewhere recommended and that is also good for kids? She's 3 and it's her first time so she's pretty excited and worried.

Happy to post a pic of the hair if that helps!

OP's posts:
Please
or

absolutehush · 26/07/2022 16:43

Hopeful bump!

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedWingBoots · 29/07/2022 09:43

If your child has afro hair, and not all mixed black children do, then try a hairdresser that caters for black hair as black people don't all have the same hair - www.mumsnet.com/talk/black_mumsnetters/4100732-Hairdressers-in-W-London-or-around

Please
or

absolutehush · 29/07/2022 11:15

She does have Afro hair - it's certainly more Afro than white. I have very straight white hair myself so I actually don't know what constitutes good, either.

I'd already looked at Adornment365 and also the place on Lavender Hill but I feel like all the feedback is quite mixed. Hair is so subjective I suppose!

Attached is a photo of her hair (I brushed, straight off the beach) in case that helps

Haircut for mixed hair SW London
OP's posts:
Please
or

absolutehush · 29/07/2022 11:16

*unbrushed! Which brushing/products it's much more ringlet-y

OP's posts:
Please
or

VladmirsPoutine · 29/07/2022 23:02

I don't live in that area thus can't recommend a place but are you regularly conditioning and oiling her hair?

Please
or

absolutehush · 02/08/2022 22:24

Yeah - the photo is not of it at her best, as well... toddler at the beach and the sea etc.

It gets brushed through each morning with a de-tangler and then a leave in conditioner.

Oil and bonnet at night!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?