My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Help me tart up house for sale (pics included)

131 replies

Blanice · 18/01/2024 13:24

We have moved into our house after a lot of renovation work. Thought we’d get the estate agents in for estimations. Have been given a figure we literally can’t turn down.

All our art work is still in the storage unit. Is it worth putting up? I thought potential buyers may prefer hole-free walls. But DH thinks the house is not homely right now (chucked a lot away when we moved back in).

Any advice on what to do to appeal to buyers?

I’ll start with bedroom. Thanks a lot.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

41 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
66%
You are NOT being unreasonable
34%
Somethingintheloft · 18/01/2024 22:20

How you style or live in your house wouldn't effect my decision in buying. Leave as is OP

ViolinSpin · 18/01/2024 23:35

Sorry to hear that OP and wish you the best.

Imo your house is clean and new you don't need to do a thing to it. Buyers don't care about the colour of your furniture.

WearyAuldWumman · 18/01/2024 23:42

Recently sold a house. Estate agent advised that a 'blank canvas' was best.

Painted all plain walls white. No pictures up.

Now, I admit that it's not a dear house - 2 bed, well below stamp duty level and in central belt of Scotland - but I got 16k more than estate agent originally expected. (Good home report helped.)

Signed contract Monday. On site Tuesdays. Viewings Thursday. One offer made Thursday. Better offer made Friday morning.

Anxhor · 18/01/2024 23:44

For a house that needs selling it's nice abd plain and clean looking so just leave it

Wictc · 18/01/2024 23:47

Can you take the tvs off the wall and fill in the gaps?

sensationalsally · 24/01/2024 18:35

The advice I was given when I was selling was -"what are you selling?" go from there. you are selling a lifestyle, not just a house. So - country cottage - lots of chintz, bread in oven ... trendy urban flat - minimalism, arty prints etc. you get the message, I'm sure. Decide what you're actually selling, and emphasise that.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.