Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Neighbours walking on our drive and lawn

Lochnessgiraffe · 28/03/2022 13:08

Our neighbours keep walking over our lawn and drive. Our neighbours to the left have stopped doing this once we spoke to them but currently our neighbours to the right keep doing this. We've been having problems with them as they are having building work done and have had to stop their builders parking on our drive.
We don't have a car so they've previously asked to park on our drive but we've said no. They are now constantly walking over our lawn. Our living room over looks the lawn so we see it constantly it's driving us nuts.
We've asked them to stop. What can we do about this? We're actually trying to move due to the neighbours.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

RandomBasic · 28/03/2022 16:50

@TonytheDog

Turn the grass into a big mud bath, so crossing your garden would mean getting covered in mud. Or put a rosary washing line on it. Tether a horse? Or, put up a fence.

Rosary washing line

So you can pray that it doesn't rain as you hang up the washing :D
Please
or

freshcarnation · 28/03/2022 16:50

A replica Terracotta Army should do it

Please
or

Dixiechickonhols · 28/03/2022 16:51

I’d be in bothered camp. It’s rude. Op could have planted bulbs or seeds and they are tramping over it. Op is within rights not to want them parking on drive - she might have visitors, might not want oil leaking on it etc.

Please
or

Lochnessgiraffe · 28/03/2022 16:52

We have asked both sets of neighbours not to. But they haven't listened.
I think we might go for the reseeding earlier. Netting and metal posts. We can leave it there till we move.
Desperate to move now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

viques · 28/03/2022 16:52

@Randombasic.

Hello!

Please
or

Terryscombover · 28/03/2022 16:53

We had this. Also our lawn used as a communal picnic area by neighbours.

We moved. They absolutely could not see how rude it was. On neighbour could. The other assumed they basically owned the entire development.

Please
or

TonytheDog · 28/03/2022 16:56

Dog it all up and turn it into a vegetable patch. You could even add a scarecrow with a sign around it's neck saying 'fuck you'.

Please
or

Dixiechickonhols · 28/03/2022 16:57

If it’s not very big another option is to have a bench or little table & chairs blocking way across. But might backfire if they are really cheeky as they might sit there!

Please
or

RandomBasic · 28/03/2022 16:58

Great minds and all that :)

Please
or

MistyGreenAndBlue · 28/03/2022 16:59

Hire a living statue. They can "come to life" and chase the cheeky fuckers off your lawn.
Might need a sign disclaiming responsibility for any heart attacks caused Grin

Please
or

Blossomtoes · 28/03/2022 17:08

We don't have a car so they've previously asked to park on our drive but we've said no

Why? It would be no skin off your nose. This is obviously pay back.

Please
or

Lochnessgiraffe · 28/03/2022 17:11

blossomtoes why did we say no?
Just because we don't have a car doesn't give them the right to park on our drive! We have visitors and delivery drivers who do

OP's posts:
Please
or

blacksax · 28/03/2022 17:11

Get some horse manure delivered and spread it liberally all over the grass.

Please
or

SunshineCake1 · 28/03/2022 17:13

@SliceOfCakeCupOfTea

I don't see why you can't put up a small fence. Doesn't need to be much. Could be like these?

They would just step over that.
Please
or

spacehardware · 28/03/2022 17:14

LOL @ 'rosary' washing line

Please
or

RestingPandaFace · 28/03/2022 17:18

There’s clearly a gap in the market for a glitterbomb landmine.

Please
or

FishFingerSandwiches4Tea · 28/03/2022 17:20

@TonytheDog

Dog it all up and turn it into a vegetable patch. You could even add a scarecrow with a sign around it's neck saying 'fuck you'.

🤣 just the scarecrow would do
Please
or

CanIHaveASnaaaaak · 28/03/2022 17:21

If a neighbour/their guest/their workman wanted to park on my drive I would also say no. It would block my easy access to my front door.

Please
or

MRex · 28/03/2022 17:27

@Lochnessgiraffe

They walk from one neighbour to the other and we're in the middle. As neighbour to the left in currently parks on neighbour to the right drive due to the building work

This is why they're doing it. You said no, so they are disrespecting you accordingly.

Sprinklers, flood lights good.

Better would be finding something you can put on the grass that will mark their feet and then drives. Loads of food dye for example, or potash. You can then go to them and point at it to ask why on earth they would be walking across your lawn.
Please
or

KosherDill · 28/03/2022 17:33

There are numerous motion-sensor sprinklers and alarms on Amazon for surprisingly reasonable prices. I'd go for that ASAP.

Please
or

HUGanALPACA · 28/03/2022 17:38

Let them see u have scattered something on the lawn. Politely let them know that it is bone fertiliser/ manure and they will want to avoid getting it on their shoes. Tell them it really smells if it gets onto rugs etc.

U will appear helpful and avoid confrontation. They will avoid stinky lawn. Win win.

Please
or

BellePeppa · 28/03/2022 17:39

I love the idea of the sensor activated sprinklers 😁

Please
or

BellePeppa · 28/03/2022 17:42

@Blossomtoes

We don't have a car so they've previously asked to park on our drive but we've said no

Why? It would be no skin off your nose. This is obviously pay back.

That’s ridiculous.
Please
or

GreenApplePear · 28/03/2022 17:42

Can you make it into a sort of maze of pot plants/other more creative obstacles so that its no longer a shortcut for them?

Please
or

BellePeppa · 28/03/2022 17:44

Why do people keep saying rosary washing line, do they have crucifixes attached?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.