Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To be completely and utterly drained from all this uncertainty?

Borisjohnsonshairbrush · 06/12/2021 13:26

Supposed to be abroad from the 18th Dec to 5th Jan in the far East but I'm dreading it. 4 pcrs each to do. Travel rules constantly changing. My anxiety is through the roof

I'm going to do an Xmas food shop on the 17th I'm case it all goes tits up. I hate all this not knowing I genuinely don't think I can take another year.

I know we should "suck it up" but never having anything to even focus on or look forward to is just utter and pure misery. Life is for living and I'm sick to death of constant bad news about covid etc

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

megustalacerveza · 07/12/2021 11:24

@sweeneytoddsrazor

I think people will start thinking more about where they choose to live, and the effect not seeing family has. It is not uncommon to read on here that someone doesn't want to spend every holiday they have visiting relatives who live abroad, so quite happy to go a couple of years without seeing them. This pandemic has shown that things happen out of our control and it may actually turnout you do not see family for 4 or 5 years, by which time children have grown, older relatives died, people moved on. This all negatively impacts on family relationships

Sure, but not everyone is close to their family. Plenty of people have toxic or abusive family situations. There are plenty of good reasons to move abroad, such as work, a partner, or even being happier somewhere else. I can't abide the shitty weather in this country and could not cope with living here long term without being able to go on regular holidays. If this pandemic goes on much longer, I'll be taking my EU passport and moving to southern Europe.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.