My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To try and salvage this Santa related issue for 6yr old dd?

96 replies

ClownsandCowboys · 23/12/2019 14:50

I've cocked up. All Santa presents were wrapped and in the loft. This morning, I was tired hungover and let dd go into the loft to fetch something. She loves the loft it's fully floored, not dangerous. I was with her.

She has now been questioning us as to why there are presents in the loft, why do they say "from Santa" on them etc. She's autistic and very good at spotting detail, and inquisitive.

I feel awful. Is there anything I can do to salvage this? I was thinking of re-wrapping them in different paper, but not sure it will work. Should I just fess up?

I know it's not the end of the world, but life is pretty hard for dd, stressful, anxiety inducing. She loves Christmas and the magic of Santa and the elves. She rally genuinely believes. I feel I've made life just a little bit more shit for her.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

53 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
42%
You are NOT being unreasonable
58%
Banana770 · 23/12/2019 14:51

Could you say that he must have brought them early by mistake, I’ll let him know, move them tomorrow and then say “oh he must have taken them back” or something?

pearpickingporky84 · 23/12/2019 14:52

Santa has a problem with his sleigh and dropped them off early? He’ll be back on Christmas Eve to bring them downstairs?

WorraLiberty · 23/12/2019 14:53

How did you explain them at the time?

LeekMunchingSheepShagger · 23/12/2019 14:54

Santa ran out of room in his workshop and he’ll be back on Xmas eve to put them under the tree?

GetUpAgain · 23/12/2019 14:54

At age 6 I would definitely concoct something. Probs that you are a Santa Warehouse.

Santa uses your loft to store presents before Christmas so he can land on your roof, collect the presents from there and deliver them to children around your town. Don't tell the other children because these locations have to be kept secret. There is one loft in every town that he uses. Otherwise they would have to fit so much on the sleigh the reindeer would be exhausted.

And then yes re wrap.

Don't worry OP, you've got this Xmas Grin

Winterdaysarehere · 23/12/2019 14:54

Well obviously Santa is so busy he has stashed them there ready for Xmas Eve.
Simple.
He needs an extra nonce9 pie for being so organised doesn't he??

Winterdaysarehere · 23/12/2019 14:54

Omg mince pie.
Xmas Blush

Lotsofpots · 23/12/2019 14:55

Re-wrap in different paper, use the original
Paper and tags to wrap presents to you from your DP or parents (or anyone!) and then get them to give them to you in that paper and joke that it's from your own special Santa?

GetUpAgain · 23/12/2019 14:55

PS bonus points if you can get friend in your town to post/shate/send pic of their DC on christmas day, with a present from Santa wrapped and labelled as per yours are at the moment Wink

Lordfrontpaw · 23/12/2019 14:56

Smart old Santa. He must have realised that his sleigh just isn’t big enough for all the present so stashed some in a ‘safe place’ like the amazon delivery drivers.

Best to leave them so he can retrieve them on the 25th and put them under the tree.

ClownsandCowboys · 23/12/2019 14:56

I didn't realise she'd seen them at the time. She asked me a few hours later. I said they must be the ones from grandparents. That's when she said about the labels. So I said, hmm, that's strange. And distracted her with screen time. Parent of the year me!

OP posts:
GetUpAgain · 23/12/2019 14:56

Shate = share

Howling at nonce pie 😂

Fatted · 23/12/2019 14:57

@Winterdaysarehere I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at your spelling mistake of Santa having a nonce pie!!

Can you tell her Santa just delivered some of them early because he's so busy?

My DC think Santa is the person ordering everything from Amazon and getting them to deliver it to our house to save him time on Xmas eve.

crochetandshit · 23/12/2019 14:57

Nonce pie Grin

Newcatmum · 23/12/2019 14:58

Nonce pie 😭😭😂😂😂

ClownsandCowboys · 23/12/2019 15:00

Nonce pie has made me laugh!

OP posts:
whonoes · 23/12/2019 15:01

Nonce pie 🤣

WomenAreFemale · 23/12/2019 15:04

She must have wondered how Santa gets all the pressies out in one night. Now she knows. He cheats a little if he knows the houses have fully floored lofts.

She’s 6, she’ll believe whatever you say if you say it confidently enough.

LissJas · 23/12/2019 15:06

Nonce pie! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

MotorwayDiva · 23/12/2019 15:11

Santa sent them to you to check you were happy with them. He did the same with four year old DD a few months ago Wink

Straycatstrut · 23/12/2019 15:26

Omg Nonce pie! - sounds like a true MN classic Crown Grin

Straycatstrut · 23/12/2019 15:32

These ones are so special that Elves brought them quickly for you to check. Then they take them back to be delivered by Santa.

Hide them and say "Shall we go and see if the Elves have taken them back to santa?"

MarianaMoatedGrange · 23/12/2019 15:34

Oh dear god nonce pie Crown Grin

BackBoiler · 23/12/2019 15:34

My just six year old told me that he isnt real and she has proof. Then went on to say that we buy them and hide them until Christmas and so do everyone else...and that's why there are so many toy adverts on at christmas.

Garlicinyoursoul · 23/12/2019 15:35

Nonce pie 😂

I’d say you’ve just called him to ask him what’s going on, and he said he’s had to drop them off early this year as Rudolph has a horrible cold, so he’ll be down a reindeer.
Then maybe make a ‘Get well soon‘ card for him.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.