Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think Jennifer Arcuri is making a fool of herself

40 replies

LuBuloo · 18/11/2019 13:27

Just watched her on the V Derbyshire show and cringed.

She is a grown up and intelligent woman but is behaving like a teenager who's never been dumped.

Why would you do this?

She's detailing how BJ blocked her calls,and she read out a text she'd sent him to which he didn't reply.

I have a pretty low opinion of BJs' moral code so this is not a post where I'm defending him at all.

But I feel incredibly sorry for JA that she feels the need to air her hurt on national TV.

She isn't the first woman he has had a fling with and dumped ( Christ what about the 2 kids he's supposed to have with other women?) and dear old Carrie may not be his last.

Doesn't a woman of 30-odd get that if you have a fling with married bloke who is renowned for flings, you are likely to get dumped and you ought not to go onto TV and complain when he ignores you?

OP posts:
MustardScreams · 18/11/2019 13:29

She’s obviously been paid/told by the Tories to do this to create distance between herself and BJ. This will all have been choreographed by a spin doctor.

Don’t feel sorry for her in the slightest.

FeckTheMagicDragon · 18/11/2019 13:29

Who?

CryptoFascist · 18/11/2019 13:29

Why shouldn't she shame him? Why does she have to keep his secrets? It's not for us to decide what she should be embarrassed about.

CryptoFascist · 18/11/2019 13:30

But MustardScreams probably has it, it's all spin and manipulation

fedup21 · 18/11/2019 13:32

She’s obviously been paid/told by the Tories to do this

Really? The Tories have actually paid someone to make Boris look more crap than usual?

MustardScreams · 18/11/2019 13:33

It doesn’t make him look worse, it is ‘proving’ they no longer have a relationship. Which is more important that how BJ is perceived to treat women, we already know he’s a pig, and that doesn’t affect his ratings.

LuBuloo · 18/11/2019 13:34

.She's not putting distance, she's trying to prove he was a cad- which we know anyway! Ok, I get that you see this as a set up to show he doesn't want contact with her, but I don't think that' s what is behind this.

It's not for us to decide what she should be embarrassed about.

Eh? WE can have an opinion of anyone who puts themselves into the public domain to discuss their love life.

She's behaving like a teenager who's never been ghosted and doesn't like it.

OP posts:
Bluntness100 · 18/11/2019 13:35

Paid by the Tories to slag off bj? Hmm

Op, I agree, no need to wash her dirty laundry in public. She's a grown woman and it takes two to tango. She's now acting like she's clinging on for the attention.

LuBuloo · 18/11/2019 13:35

The way to prove they have no relationship is for each of them to keep off the telly and stop talking about it.

No way is she being paid to do this- can't stop laughing at such an idea Grin

OP posts:
astralweaks · 18/11/2019 13:44

She is already a fool for having anything to do with Boris in the first place.

onalongsabbatical · 18/11/2019 13:46

Really? The Tories have actually paid someone to make Boris look more crap than usual? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
I don't know what's going on any more, but this! Grin

Usernumbers1234 · 18/11/2019 13:49

@LuBuloo

Then you are being a bit naive.

Of course this doesn’t present him in a good light to you, but they don’t care what you think about him because you aren’t going to change your mind.

This shambolic expose that will be old news within 48 hours and will do Boris no harm at all. Just search her name on Twitter and look at the tone of the comments.

A week ago the majority of references to Acuri were negative to Boris. After this weekend the majority are negative about her. Job done.

Oh, and Boris can’t really stay off the tv in the run up to an election now can he.....

longwayoff · 18/11/2019 13:51

Ohhhhh dear. I'm not defending Bozza but she's bloody hard work. I'd block her number too. But Boris is still a pig.

Lifecraft · 18/11/2019 13:57

She is already a fool for having anything to do with Boris in the first place.

The tax payer gave her £100K to have something to do with Boris. Personally, I'd have wanted about £250K.

PanGalaticGargleBlaster · 18/11/2019 14:07

*Why would you do this?

In her case attention and ££££££££

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed · 18/11/2019 14:08

I watched her last night. She didn’t come across very well and sort of desperate.

She is hurt but he was a married man with a reputation (and of course she would have known this) can’t help that he is now with a younger model with long blonde hair.

Her emotions (which is understandable) where overriding the issues she is still obviously still very much in love with him

It’s not going to change the way people vote

monkeyplanet · 18/11/2019 14:11

I think it is either a

1. A warning shot to BJ to say I'm revealing stupid trivial things but I can do a lot more as the press is interested in every tidbit
  2. She is being paid by either side to help/hinder BJ
LuBuloo · 18/11/2019 14:40

@Usernumbers1234 Naive? Nope, don't think so. You are suggesting she is being 'bought off' by the Tories to show herself in bad light?
I don't think so. It doesn't on the face of it show her in a bad light at all. In fact it shows the opposite- that BJ refuses to take her calls and she is yet another dumped floozy. It's stretching credibility too far to say she is being fed a line to show herself as a bunny boiler and hence our sympathies lie with BJ.

That is what Joe Public will see.

Maybe she is being paid by Labour and the Lib Dems but it would be an own goal for the Tories!

OP posts:
MustardScreams · 18/11/2019 14:43

It’s not about being sympathetic towards BJ.

It’s to prove that their lines of communication have ceased.

Sagradafamiliar · 18/11/2019 15:03

Ooh I love watching her. I just find her so compelling! I think she thought that after that extended, first GMB interview, Boris would get in touch after seeing how absolutely loyal she was to him. I think she's now genuinely gutted to realise she's been cast aside.

Usernumbers1234 · 18/11/2019 15:10

@LuBuloo

But you aren’t “joe public” you are someone who is already predisposed to dislike him and have an interest in the story.

Joe public hasn’t followed the story closely and after this weekend is dismissing her as a crazy woman scorned and it’s going to have zero impact on their vote.

Usernumbers1234 · 18/11/2019 15:11

And don’t you read Mumsnet.

All tory voters are horrible people that want everyone to suffer and actually encourage cheating on their wives, I know it’s true because there’s a daily thread on here about it. They see her making a fool of herself and double down on Boris

megletthesecond · 18/11/2019 15:14

monkey yy, I suspected a warning shot too.

ForalltheSaints · 18/11/2019 15:18

It is not news about his behaviour towards women which is disgraceful. Though if Jennifer Arcuri had only recently moved to the UK before they met, perhaps she would have been unaware.

The allegation about the response from a member of Mr Johnson's staff of mocking in a Chinese accent is the only really new thing, and I'd be happy if that was reported to the Police as racist behaviour or to the EHRC.

SouthWestmom · 18/11/2019 15:47

I agree with sagrada first interview she was paid to say fuck all and probs thought she was in the inner sanctum. Now he's ditched her so she can cash in on that too. Must find that clip of Lorraine Kelly having a pop at her.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.