Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Nasty friend AIBU to completely cut her out of my life

94 replies

Sophie333 · 01/08/2017 17:37

My only friend for over 10 years has sent me such a nasty spiteful text ive ever recieved literally fuming my OH is telling me not to lower myself to her super low levels i messaged her letting her know one of our friends is expecting a child she replies with this-Oh cool and oh well another girls life fucked from having a baby all your life's are jokes mate for the next 20 old years fuck that shit mum this mum that i want this I want that fuck off mate I won't my womb taken the fuck out or I'm getting my tubes tied at least my pussy is gonna be tight for life unlike women's with baby big sagging curtains fuck that that's why your men are always gonna cheat cause they want something tighter fact of life lol x - she actually had the audacity to leave a x at the end wtf what would you do i literally dont want nothing to do with her i dont need that sort of negativity and pure hatefulness in my life

OP posts:
mrscropley · 01/08/2017 17:38

She sounds delightful.!!
Ignore.
Block.
Move on. .

Allthebestnamesareused · 01/08/2017 17:40

Maybe she is infertile and fed up with all friends getting pregnant (seemingly easily) and it's her coping mechanism.

Maybe she's just a twat.

bigchris · 01/08/2017 17:41

Oh gosh , is she normally like this?

Alicia555 · 01/08/2017 17:41

At least she gives 5 "fucks" Grin Grin Grin

Donttouchthethings · 01/08/2017 17:41

Why have you been friends? I'm guessing this isn't entirely out of the blue?

TheSockGoblin · 01/08/2017 17:42

Um. That's a pretty extreme reaction to someone being pregnant!

Unless there is something going on in her life and this is massively out of character, my advice would be just to block. I wouldn't even say you're doing it - you'd probably get loads more vitriol.

But, I guess - before you do..is this a new thing? Did you know she felt this way? Has she got something going on in her life?

MaidOfStars · 01/08/2017 17:43

Out of character? If so, sounds like something pretty serious is going on, mental health breakdown etc.

LaurieFairyCake · 01/08/2017 17:44

It's not nasty or spiteful to you. It's clearly all about her Hmm - she sounds like she has an issue or two

swingofthings · 01/08/2017 17:45

I'd laugh :)

MrTrebus · 01/08/2017 17:46

Ew she sounds like someone off those benefit programmes on channel 5, where they deliberately pick nasty people that cab barely string a sentence together. I would just ignore her, completely ghost her. That will confuse her more.

MrTrebus · 01/08/2017 17:47

*can

Oh the irony

Littlebitshort · 01/08/2017 17:47

She sounds lovely Hmm
If this is the way she normally talks to you and you are still friends then fair enough but if this is a new attitude then i would definately drop her. Maybe shes had a drink? Maybe shes joking?

MrsJamesAspey · 01/08/2017 17:48

How old are you both and do you have kids? Sounds like she's just ranting, why have you taken it personally?

Still an extreme reaction to a pregnancy announcement tho Hmm

StayAChild · 01/08/2017 17:49

Ugh, why are you friends with this person? Surely this can't be the first you've seen of her nasty streak?

amousehaseatenmypaddlingpool · 01/08/2017 17:49

If I got that I'd be wondering about medical intervention or deleting her over the final straw.

In your gut I'm sure you know which direction you should be going in.

Flowers

Hissy · 01/08/2017 17:51

Medical intervention? Nah... too much effort.

Just block her and live your life.

What a sad little creature she is!

RozencrantzThe1st · 01/08/2017 17:52

Perhaps she's just not all that interested in babies or who is having them.
She sounds absolutely sick of hearing about pregnancies and babies. and a tiny bit unhinged

dinosaursandtea · 01/08/2017 17:53

She sounds horrible - are you teenagers, by any chance? that's what she sounds like.

Sophie333 · 01/08/2017 17:55

I honestly think its just jealously weve been so close its literally been just us until 4 years ago i met someone settled down she started to cause problems between me and my OH so i spoke to her about it she said im cutting her out i explained there was gonna come a time when we had to sort of part ways settle down were not teenagers anymore 27 now i had a baby last year thoughout my pregnancy she was fantastic until the day my son finally came home from neonatal after 2 long months she asked to stay at mine i said no as it was my first night home alone with him no nurses i wanted it to be just us 3 just been nasty from then on but nowhere near this bad ive always involved her in every part of my life but i keep my relationship and our friendship seperate she can have children but she cant hold a relationship down long enough cos shes so nasty i feel a bit guilty to tell her to do one ive told her numerous times i cant take her nasty ways anymore and she needs to sort herself out she just dont she will be ok for a few days then just turn again

OP posts:
Dawnedlightly · 01/08/2017 17:56

I'd send her one message on the same medium, 'did you send this!' as it's so extreme I'd wonder whether someone else had borrowed her phone.
Any doubts after she responds and I'd drop her like a hot coal.

Sciurus83 · 01/08/2017 17:56

Shock Is she one of those people that thinks being the out there "say it how you see it" is funny? Surely that's the only explanation, a misfired joke? Otherwise she's either heinous, or in a very very bad place. Or drunk, was she drunk?

Mittens1969 · 01/08/2017 17:57

Sounds like there must be a back story here. It's very difficult to comment without knowing how old you both are, whether you have kids or not. Is she normally this rude?

A lot of people have issues around pregnancy and having kids. She's your friend.

Dawnedlightly · 01/08/2017 17:57

Ah x posted. Drop her.

streetface · 01/08/2017 17:58

Ignore. Block. No WAY would I engage in conversation with a Jeremy Kyle star guest like that. I'd be so embarrassed for anyone to find out I had been friends with someone like that I'd run for the hills.

Mittens1969 · 01/08/2017 18:01

Ok, just seen your update, that explains a lot. She's obviously got a lot of growing up to do. Time for her to accept that things have moved on for you, be happy for you as a friend rather than bitter.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.