Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think this woman should absolutely not be allowed to return to the UK

94 replies

MissionItsPossible · 04/07/2017 09:25

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/crying-isis-recruiter-sally-jones-10732432

I know some people may argue about human rights and the fact that she's a British citizen she should be allowed to return to the country where she was born, but even if ISIS changed their stance and let her go, the UK government should do all they can to stop her coming here IMO. Very dangerous lady.

OP posts:

StillDrivingMeBonkers · 04/07/2017 09:31

The kindest thing would be for her to be caught in a strike. However she is British Citizen and our responsibility. No discussion to be had on the matter. Frankly I'd prefer these people to be locked up in solitary under our control than out in wide blue yonder.

StealthPolarBear · 04/07/2017 09:35

How has she become so radicalised?? As a British born middle aged woman?
What the hell is going on?
I honestly don't know if I'd prefer her back and under our control or if that would be a stupid idea

Leilaniii · 04/07/2017 09:35

I think we should welcome her back with open arms... and put her in jail. Like the PP said, better to be locked up under our control.

What about that son of hers, though? He's only about 12 and he's killed all these people... what on earth would you do with him?

StealthPolarBear · 04/07/2017 09:56

Really good question. Suppose it'd be youth justice and life in prison. What an utter waste.

Clandestino · 04/07/2017 10:00

Well, she is a British citizen so she has the full right to return to the UK. With all the hoo ha around the awful immigrants who should feck off to their own countries the least Britain should do is to welcome their own back. Not even the Daily Mail should have any objections as she is British born and bred.

kissmethere · 04/07/2017 10:06

No I don't think she should be allowed back. I feel for her child as what kind of life has he been forced into? She decided on this life and now her choice has run its course. No F ing way.

MissionItsPossible · 04/07/2017 10:09

Ah maybe it's just me being a heartless bastard then. I know legally she has the right to, I just don't think she has a leg to stand on morally.

OP posts:

Rosierosa15 · 04/07/2017 10:09

She should be allowed back, arrested on arrival and put on trial for plotting against her own country. Agree with the human rights but but why should people who want to take others human rights be protected by it?!

lanouvelleheloise · 04/07/2017 10:11

If she returns here, she will go straight to jail for a very long time, right?

wheredoesallthetimego · 04/07/2017 10:11

Allow her back, arrest her on entry, life imprisonment.

TheFaerieQueene · 04/07/2017 10:13

Morality has nothing to do with her right to return to her country.

Booboobooboo84 · 04/07/2017 10:13

Yeah she's our responsibility, bring her back and throw the book at her

TheFaerieQueene · 04/07/2017 10:13

Hopefully the police/anti terrorist forces will be waiting for her when she does arrive back.

MumIsRunningAMarathon · 04/07/2017 10:14

Just ensure fellow prisoners know what she's in there for

That'll learn her!

SaucyJack · 04/07/2017 10:15

Yes, of course should be allowed back. She's our (the UK's) problem at the end of the day.

Fair's fair. Imagine if the Home Office tried to deport a terror suspect, and their country of origin said they didn't want them back?!

Kittychatcat · 04/07/2017 10:16

She made her choice and I don't think she or her son should ever be allowed back in the UK. If she dies hopefully it will put off other women from doing the same as her. I have no sympathy for her when there are so many innocent people who have suffered under Isis.

QuackPorridgeBacon · 04/07/2017 10:16

I haven't read the article, although i do have a general view on things like this.

My view is, you make your bed you lie in it. It sounds harsh but, this is not a decision to take lightly, and if you decide to join something like ISIS then you are stupid. If you have been coerced into joining then I feel you should make an effort to tell some sort of authority before it happens or if you have been approached. Why should you get to come back to safety once you've realised shit has hit the fan and you become scared? Don't be so stupid as to join something like ISIS and then cry wanting back into safety.

if she was a child i'd still have a similar approach, although i would have more sympathy due to a child being a bit more clueless.

This however, is a grown adult and she should be smart enough to understand that ISIS are not good people and don't care for her they will just want her to further their agenda.

I honestly don't get how some people are so fucking stupid!

user1495451339 · 04/07/2017 10:21

Not sure why she wants to come back, she will be put straight into prison surely?

It is better she does come back as at least she will be locked up rather than being able to carry out more terrorism. Also, her son will be taken into care and maybe has some chance of a normal life, he is only 12 after all.

VulvalHeadMistress · 04/07/2017 10:22

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle · 04/07/2017 10:22

Fair's fair. Imagine if the Home Office tried to deport a terror suspect, and their country of origin said they didn't want them back?!

Yeah this...

If we refuse to have her back, whats to stop other countries refusing when we try and deport to them?

She should be brought home and put on trial, in a legal and democratic way.

Or you could always go with one of the comments of that article and smashe her head in with a rock, cos violence never breeds more violence, does it?? Hmm

MistressDeeCee · 04/07/2017 10:25

She's a British citizen and should be allowed back here. She can't be 'disallowed', can she? There's no special dispensation to be had 'ooh no she's one of us but she's a terrorist so make them keep her'.

The silly woman was likely dickmatised by some dude and in starry eyed mode, doing it all for her man. Life imprisonment would be right but she'll go doe eyed, she's of a demographic that aren't seen as a REAL threat, you know. .,so after tedious legal wrangles and boring media accounts as to how this poor, poor woman was radicalised I should think it will be business as usual.

hmcAsWas · 04/07/2017 10:26

Yep, bring her back and prosecute her

KeemaNaan · 04/07/2017 10:26

I'd take her back and put her in prison. She can't do any more damage by recruiting people. Her son, who she dragged into the middle of this mess may have some chance of a better life, and its one less person causing trouble out there.

ollieplimsoles · 04/07/2017 10:29

Diddums...

toomuchtooold · 04/07/2017 10:33

The son should be taken into care in the UK. I think he should be treated as a casualty of war, as should any child soldier.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?