Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask what you do of an evening?

103 replies

MissBax · 13/06/2017 19:34

What do you all do with your evenings? Once home from work, me and DP cook, eat and then sit in front of the telly for about 4/5 hours! I'd like to say it's cos I'm heavily pregnant, but we've done the same for years. I usually feel too knackered during the week to want to do much, but am very aware how empty it is. I enjoy it, but don't want to confine myself to being a couch potato for the rest of my days.

OP posts:
weeblueberry · 16/06/2017 14:45

By the time the kids are in bed and we've eaten it's normally half eight/nine o clock. So we watch TV for a bit (probably one episode of something?) then one or the other of us has a bath and the other sits on the loo chatting to the other, potter around for a bit after (dishes etc) then we go to bed.

But we do have a 2 and 4 year old so staying up late isn't normally an option.

Mothervulva · 16/06/2017 14:51

Much the same as everyone else it seems. I try to do an evening run while kids are being put to bed by DH, but only in the spring/summer when it's light. We have a relative living with us so we try and go out to eat once a week. One of us will probably go for a drink with a friend or we have people over.

MrsRonBurgundy · 16/06/2017 14:56

Sometimes me and DH go for a run (no babies yet) together if the weather is nice. If not I go to then gym about 3 week nights for a class.

I chat on the phone for about an hour usually to my friends or family.

I tend to have radio on while I cook. Cooking usually takes me about an hour because I really enjoy it and I end up dancing more than cooking usually!

Then after dinner we put tv on, about 8 usually for a couple of hours. If there's nothing in, DH will play Xbox while I read a book.

That's it really! Nothing exciting but I couldn't face much else after work to be honest

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.