The Times and The Sunday Times gave Brand eight days within which to reply to detailed allegations, including information to enable him to recall the alleged incidents. Lawyers for Brand initially said that they were not in a position to provide any response to the allegations because we had posed a “large litany of questions” and had intentionally chosen to anonymise the names of the women.
[Brand] said that there are witnesses whose evidence directly contradicts the narratives.
The Sunday Times asked his lawyer for the evidence referred to but no answer was provided.
Main allegations:
2005 16 year old Alice. (RB 30 yrs old)
Forced deep-throating. Removal of condom.
(their relationship lasted 3 months)
Family member corroborates. Grooming in hindsight.
She contacted his book publishers 2020 for an apology.
2005/6 24 year old Runner Rachel.
Flashed at/sexual harassment on set.
(they had a relationship later)
Endemol no records.
2007 Jordan Martin.
Forced fingering.
(their relationship lasted 6 months)
She wrote a book about it in 2014.
2012 Nadia thirties. Raped without condom.
(they had slept together previously)
Medical report/text messages.
Decided against criminal/civil action.
She sent a letter to Brand later.
2013 Colleague Phoebe twenties. Attempted rape.
(they had had an earlier relationship)
Five people corroborate she told them of incident.
Plus toxic/naked/sexualised behaviour in general/across shows.
If Brand does have evidence to refute the above then he needs to provide it quickly.