Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The "Wagatha Christie" Coleen Rooney/ Rebekah Vardy court case

Iwantacatnotcovid · 08/02/2022 20:46

Is anyone else following it? Grin

Vardy's phone was accidentally dropped into the North Sea... Yeah right!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsDThomas · 08/02/2022 20:54

No. They’re behaving like two 13yr old schoolgirls having a spat.

They’re grown women, mothers, who should grow the fuck up.

Please
or

Pedallleur · 08/02/2022 21:07

2 women who are fortunate enough to have £££ to waste on lawyers and legal fees thanks to their husbands talents. Prob spent more than a million between them on a nothing thing. You said.....No, you said. Clearly nothing else to do.

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 08/02/2022 21:12

bit of light relief from serious news

Please
or

nancybotwinbloom · 08/02/2022 21:18

What are you following it on op I wouldn't mind having a read

Please
or

Menstrualcycledisplayteam · 08/02/2022 21:20

Yes, I'm following it and it is fascinating. Ok, yes, two women with more money than sense, but the legal aspects of it are riveting.

Waynetta Rooney has to prove that Rebecca Vardy did what she said she did i.e. leak stories. The text messages today suggest that is exactly what happened and the terrible accidents to all of the mobile phones are beyond parody. I'm sure that I read somewhere today that even Rebecca Vardy's IT expert stated that the unavailability of the data was "surprising" and "unprecedented" (or something like that), which sounds like legal speak for "this is a load of total rubbish".

My favourite part is how "shocked" and saddened Rebecca Vardy was when "her good friend" Colleen made the original allegation and then in the background she's calling her a c**t on a fairly regular basis. It's gripping in a really revolting way, IMO.

Please
or

SpinningTheSeedsOfLove · 08/02/2022 21:24

I think this should have been gently but firmly shut down a long time ago by people who have the best interests of the involved parties at heart. The families spend possibly £millions on staff, publicists, and lawyers.

I cannot see the point in drawing in this kind of endless publicity - unless that is the actual point?

It's all extremely weird.

Please
or

UserBot9to5 · 08/02/2022 21:27

I think colleen was betrayed by somebody she mistakenly considered in her circle. That would be shocking and upsetting to me. She's fighting it hard though.

Please
or

WheresTheJustice2 · 08/02/2022 21:30

Watching with popcorn 🍿

Please
or

lucythejuicy · 08/02/2022 21:32

Where are you watching this - sounds fascinating

Please
or

Chloemol · 08/02/2022 21:37

No both need to grow up and stop acting like bitchy kids

Please
or

SisterAgatha · 08/02/2022 21:37

I don’t understand how they got the messages off Vardys phone. Why would she willingly submit that Confused

Please
or

Menstrualcycledisplayteam · 08/02/2022 21:47

@SisterAgatha

I don’t understand how they got the messages off Vardys phone. Why would she willingly submit that Confused

Again, if I'm reading correctly, she didn't willingly submit them. Colleen's team ran the redacted messages which were provided through some kind of software which recovered the full text and extras too.....

Crikey, I'm way too invested in this story.
Please
or

HotSauceCommittee · 08/02/2022 21:54

@SisterAgatha

To refuse might result in a negative inference being made in court.
So you have to decide which is worse: the contents of your phone or the judge believing that you have failed to provide your phone in order to destroy evidence against you.
Please
or

Tufty383 · 08/02/2022 22:03

I've thought the same as PP that this needs to be dropped as its a load of high school nonsense however, after reading the Vardy texts I can't blame Colleen for wanting her day in court. Why shouldn't she be held accountable.

Please
or

Bringonsummer19 · 08/02/2022 22:06

Yes it looks 100% that she did do it and also encouraged her agent to do her dirty work also.

I think it’s outrageous really, vardy could have just been promoting herself, her agent could have focused on promoting vardy. Instead Vardy and Caroline Watt (the agent) focused on trying to do as much damage as possible to an individual. What drives people to do this (apart from being such dreadful human beings)

Please
or

ajandjjmum · 08/02/2022 22:16

Never like Rebecca Vardy, and not particularly keen on Colleen - but I think she is right in this instance. Daft thing is, after the initial press, it would have been forgotten by now if Vardy hadn't kept pushing it. Now the texts with her agent have come to light, she's got nowhere to go.

Please
or

FlibbertyGiblets · 08/02/2022 22:18

It is grubbily fascinating.

Please
or

SisterAgatha · 08/02/2022 22:18

Colleen's team ran the redacted messages which were provided through some kind of software which recovered the full text and extras too.....

Bloody hell Confused

Please
or

LoseLooseLucy · 08/02/2022 22:21

Looks like Vardy is bang to rights, sly cow.

Please
or

Menstrualcycledisplayteam · 08/02/2022 22:24

@SisterAgatha, don't take that as gospel though, I got it from the Daily Heil and even that's reading between the lines a bit:-

"Ms Rooney's lawyers maintain that seeing the redacted messages was a coincidence after they used an IT programme to read evidence they had been sent which exposed them".

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10488887/Hopes-armistice-war-WAGS.html

Please
or

CovidCorvid · 08/02/2022 22:25

Vardy certainly isn’t currently smelling of roses. She should just have denied it, had a cry on Loose Women and left it.

Please
or

CoffeeRunner · 08/02/2022 22:26

It's Vardy's agent's phone that very unfortunately fell into the sea.

Rebekah's message history was somehow "lost" while downloading it to her lawyer.

Mighty convenient.

Please
or

UnUdderOne · 08/02/2022 22:27

@ajandjjmum

Never like Rebecca Vardy, and not particularly keen on Colleen - but I think she is right in this instance. Daft thing is, after the initial press, it would have been forgotten by now if Vardy hadn't kept pushing it. Now the texts with her agent have come to light, she's got nowhere to go.

Exactly. How dim must she be?!
Please
or

TooBigForMyBoots · 08/02/2022 22:29

Blush
Please
or

Mogwig · 08/02/2022 22:31

@UserBot9to5

I think colleen was betrayed by somebody she mistakenly considered in her circle. That would be shocking and upsetting to me. She's fighting it hard though.

How many women have been bitched about by so called friends? Omg if only we could all waste so much time and money on a very public fight.

Really makes both of them look awful. Hard to get much more spoilt than this.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.