Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Good morning all! What's everyone doing today?

lucysmam · 22/01/2022 08:46

I'm just drinking my first cuppa - not in silence though, the washer's already on.

I'm taking dd2 into town, in a little while, to birthday shop for dd1 who turns 15! on Tuesday Shock. We shouldn't be too long as I have a list, although dd2 does like to wander the market too, so we'll see.

Dd1's staying here with their dad so hopefully they'll tackle the mountain of pots I couldn't be bothered with last night & maybe the ironing too.

When we get in, I have a bit of prep to do for Tuesday's Rainbows and Guides. Although I might do that tomorrow while birthday cake bakes

We're having garlic chicken for tea, at dd2's request. Probably with salad and either wedges or salad. & definitely a well deserved glass of wine for me!

What about all of you? :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Iwasonline · 22/01/2022 08:48

Happily, not much. Kids are currently playing with trains and watching telly. I'm on my third coffee.

I have some work to do later and the food shop is coming.

I really don't think we will do anything else today

Please
or

Iwasonline · 22/01/2022 08:49

Oh yes and husband has just tested positive for covid so he will chill in bed as much as possible

Please
or

MajorCarolDanvers · 22/01/2022 08:53

Chauffeur this morning to various activities and then this afternoon I'm off to watch my team (get beat) at the football

Please
or

Peridot1 · 22/01/2022 08:54

Hi Lucysmam

I’ve been up a while. Dog barking to get me up.

On second cuppa and have had toast. Washing machine on.

I got back from ten days in Dublin yesterday so today will be sorting my unpacking out and doing a bit of tidy and clean around.

I noticed the house had a bit of a meaty smell when I came in yesterday. DH has been here and cleans and tidies but I’m now a bit paranoid the house stinks! I noticed it before when I came back having been away. So I’ll give the kitchen a good clean, mop the floors and febreeze everything sight. And wash the dogs beds etc. Joy.

Please
or

MrsPear · 22/01/2022 08:58

I am going to sound like a stalker now op and I apologise but your eldest is going to be 15. Wow.

Anyways thanks for starting I love these threads - god I sound right nosy.

It’s Saturday which means football practice at 9 30. So I need to shoo the kids and husband out the door by 9 20. I have school uniforms to wash, bins sorting for Monday and I promised flap jacks. Then shower and make lunch then IKEA this afternoon. Husband has decided he wants some bits for his parents visit. Do a bit of the youngest’s home work too - build a Tudor house and the eldest mentioned science and maths. Pasta or pizza tonight and a film. It’s moved from Friday due to swimming.

Please
or

princessspotify · 22/01/2022 08:59

Morning.
I'm sat having a coffee with the washing machine on. This is the 2nd load.
Ds's are sat watching Netflix . DS1 has tennis practice at midday and the off to friend for a sleepover.
No big plans other than just having tidy up.

Please
or

MrsPear · 22/01/2022 09:00

@Peridot1 I know it’s not warm but open the windows as well as wash all washable soft furnishings - a good through blast can really help.

Please
or

themerrywifeofwindsor · 22/01/2022 09:02

We have swapped houses with my parents and left them with Dd5 and Ds2, so we're enjoying a lovely child free weekend! I'm having a coffee in blissful peace and quiet while I read the news/browse MN. Going to sit in a coffee shop later and read a book, then cinema and dinner out this evening.

Please
or

FabbyGabby · 22/01/2022 09:05

I’ve been up since 7, DP made us coffees in bed. DS is with his dad for the weekend so I’m going for breakfast and (another!) coffee with an old
Friend then out for cocktails with my work friends this afternoon. Only going to stay out for a few hours then home nice and tipsy to pizza and a film with DP. Lovely day ♥️

Please
or

Pegasussnail · 22/01/2022 09:06

Oh 15!! Wow. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Nothing much for us today. We are isolating. I will cook a Thai curry. Possibly make flapjacks with the dc.

I haven't felt that well (period also covid) but might tackle a cupboard of paperwork and cloths downstairs.

Netflix in the afternoon (rewatching Downton Brew )

Tonight 0 percent beer and a bit of TV with dh. Out of isolation tomorrow. Yippee.

Please
or

alsonotmyname · 22/01/2022 09:08

Family Christmas get together as Covid postponed it - just finishing a cup of tea before I jump into action

Please
or

AmandaHoldensLips · 22/01/2022 09:09

KLAXON: I have the house to myself!!!!!!!!! For the first time since fuck knows when.

Friend coming over at lunchtime. Wine will definitely be involved.

Please
or

OldTinHat · 22/01/2022 09:11

I'm meeting a friend for a charity shop mooch in a bit. Then I'm going to the cinema this afternoon and will make a couscous salad for tea.

Please
or

AnotherCupOfTeaDear · 22/01/2022 09:16

I'm going to slob and drink tea all day. I can't remember the last time I did
It feels a bit naughty Grin

Please
or

Plantsandpuddlesuits · 22/01/2022 09:17

Morning @lucysmam how was your week?

I'm sat in my usual spot on the couch with a blanket teapot and book. I love this habit I've been able to start of waking up first on a sat and sitting in the quiet house I find it really restorative.

Children and husband are finally back at nursery/ school / work after weeks off for Christmas / covid so there is so much uniform and work clothes to wash I'm sure it wasn't that much previously 🤔 we always do it all on a weekend, wash and tumble y. I used to just do it in bits and bobs during the week but found things always went missing. This way I know that everything is in the same place. We have a dedicated uniform basket. God that sounds boring 😂

DH is off to town this morning to run a few errands he needs to do. I think the children and I will do some baking while he's out. We've somehow got a load like at least 12 bananas and 17 eggs that need using up.so am thinking banana choc chip muffins. All ideas welcome! Food shop being delivered soon there better hadn't be any bananas or eggs in it 😱

After lunch (more eggs probably!).we are off on a stomp through the woods, probably taking said banana muffins with us and hot chocolate.

Have promised the children McDonald's for dinner, not sure what DH and I will have, I like McDonald's breakfast but not keen on main meals,. neither is DH really. We'll probably eat later when they are asleep with TV and wine tbh

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Please
or

ipswichwitch · 22/01/2022 09:23

Should be football matches for DS1 this weekend but since both DC have covid we’ll not be doing much at all! I’m on my second coffee while DH has a rare lie in (usually out the house by 8.30 for football) and it’s my turn tomorrow. Since me and DH are still negative we’ll tag team with the kids - I need to go to B&M, and he’ll wait til I’m home to go to screwfix. I’m helping DC clear out old to use and I’ll put what I can on gumtree. Ive got a couple of baking kits (cinnamon buns and brioche) from Christmas I might do with DS2 later.

Please
or

nixso29 · 22/01/2022 09:28

Morning all! DH has just left for work so I've come back to bed for a bit with a cuppa and Ddog snoozing on my lap. Going to do a bit of a tidy up and then to one of the bargain shops to get some kitchen bits for my new airfryer I just got! Chinese for dinner and possibly (definitely) some wine to accompany it!

Please
or

Pegasussnail · 22/01/2022 09:30

Oh lovely. What bit are you buying for the airfryer (nosey)
I love mine.

Please
or

nixso29 · 22/01/2022 09:51

@Pegasussnail

Oh lovely. What bit are you buying for the airfryer (nosey)
I love mine.

I need to get some silicone tongs as apparently the metal ones can cause damage. Then some ramekins as I want to try out poached eggs and some foil trays for a sheperds pie I saw someone making in their airfryer on tiktok!
Please
or

Bettyboop3 · 22/01/2022 09:54

I am on day 8 shut alone in my bedroom with covid. Am avoiding DH as he has underlying health issues. I am bored and lonely now that I feel better. I have, however, been reading The lake house by Kate Morton and am enjoying The Fall on netflix. I am deepy missing interation, canine aswell as human. DH brings cups of tea & a meal at dinnertime but doesn't hang around or chat. Today is the first day i've had a negative result so am really hoping I can break free tomorrow.

Please
or

Patienceandgrace · 22/01/2022 10:02

I tested positve for covid on wednesday.
I havent been feeling too unwell, more tired and just not right.
So I have currently just got back into bed and put peppa on for 2yo to try and occupy him for a while.

Downstairs is an absolute mess. I am just astonished at how mucb mess 2 adults and 2 children can make in less than 24 hours. I need to get up and clean in a while.

I have chicken breasts for dinner and will probably make spicy chicken burgers with homemade chips.

Please
or

gingercat02 · 22/01/2022 10:03

Morning @lucysmam. You've just reminded me I put a wash on the timer last night and forgotten, so that's out on the line now, cheers for that.
Otherwise haircut for DS, pick up the click and collect shopping. Take my Mum to sort out changing her driving licence from a Spanish one back to UK.
Going to have a big sort out this weekend so DH needs to go into the loft so bring down all the stuff to sell/charity shop/take to the tip.

Please
or

gingercat02 · 22/01/2022 10:06

Sorry forgot to day Happy birthday to your DD1

Please
or

katscamel · 22/01/2022 10:08

I'm somewhere several hours ahead of the UK and have done nothing particularly productive....Met a friend for coffee earlier, did some laundry and that's been about it. Having a video call with oldest friends in UK soon which I'm looking forward to.

Please
or

dementedma · 22/01/2022 10:10

I have house to myself today until this evening so still in bed. Might do some gardening.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.