Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What is your favourite conspiracy theory?

julieca · 06/12/2021 21:38

I love the crazy conspiracy theories. So my favourite ones are that birds arent real and that Paul McCartney is dead and the man we see now is a lookalike.
What about you?

OP's posts:
Please
or

knittingaddict · 12/12/2021 09:07

@me109f

Rhannion. I don't deny the buildings came down at all. They did and all the rubble collected and shipped out to an island in the Hudson or East River. It was then put under guard until being loaded up and shipped off to the far east. This is the official version, you can check.
What an unusual way for the US goverment to behave. Why did they do this if not to cover up evidence?
There is no doubt that nearly 3000 people probably died in these terrible events that day; but I am no troll and not deluded, I have just been following published information and statements on this business, and the official explanation just does not add up.
Time will tell, when the main culprits are dead or retired.

Words fail me.

It was a crime scene, so of course they secured the evidence and protected it. What else were they supposed to do? Leave it laying around for random members of the public to pick over and take the odd trophy? Some idiots will do this.

It would be impossible to sort the rubble where it lay, so of course it was taken elsewhere, with more space. They do the same with plane crash debris too.

I will honestly never understand the thought processes of people who believe this stuff.
Please
or

notimagain · 12/12/2021 09:23

@knittingaddict

Seconded….

For many years now, from way before 9/11, pretty much world wide any aircraft accident scene has initially treated as a crime scene and has been secured by the authorities once any search for survivors etc has ceased.

Please
or

Coteeee · 12/12/2021 09:29

Post office man said covid helped reduce cash handling. Helped the banks and government better trace money. I.e harder for people to earn cash in hand get cash gifts. That there was always a plan globally to go cashless byva certain year and maybe covid was made in a lab to do this

Please
or

MissConductUS · 12/12/2021 09:35

@me109f

Rhannion. I don't deny the buildings came down at all. They did and all the rubble collected and shipped out to an island in the Hudson or East River. It was then put under guard until being loaded up and shipped off to the far east. This is the official version, you can check.
What an unusual way for the US goverment to behave. Why did they do this if not to cover up evidence?
There is no doubt that nearly 3000 people probably died in these terrible events that day; but I am no troll and not deluded, I have just been following published information and statements on this business, and the official explanation just does not add up.
Time will tell, when the main culprits are dead or retired.

Oh God, you again. You are either deluded or you have some psychological issue that makes you want to believe this rubbish. It's really offensive to those of us who lost friends and family in the attack.

There is nothing whatsoever unusual about how the debris was handled. 1.8 million tons of it that had to be cleared from the site. It was hauled to a landfill on Staten Island, which is part of NYC. It was examined forensically and artifacts recovered. The landfill was subsequently turned into a park, which is in use today.

Rescue and recovery effort after the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center

Debris removal

"The Pile" was the term coined by the rescue workers to describe the 1.8 million tons of wreckage left from the collapse of the World Trade Center.[41] They avoided the use of "ground zero", which describes the epicenter of a bomb explosion.

Numerous volunteers organized to form "bucket brigades", which passed 5-gallon buckets full of debris down a line to investigators, who sifted through the debris in search of evidence and human remains. Ironworkers helped cut up steel beams into more manageable sizes for removal. Much of the debris was hauled off to the Fresh Kills Landfill on Staten Island where it was further searched and sorted.[41]

According to the New York Times, by September 24, 2001, more than 100,000 tons of debris had been removed from the site.[43] Some structural engineers have criticized the decision to recycle the steel from the buildings before it could be analyzed as part of the post-collapse investigation.[44]
Reuse of steel
Steel from the World Trade Center is poured for construction of USS New York.

Some of the steel was reused for memorials. New York City firefighters donated a cross made of steel from the World Trade Center to the Shanksville Volunteer Fire Company in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.[45] The beam, mounted atop a platform shaped like the Pentagon, was erected outside the Shanksville's firehouse near the crash site of United Airlines Flight 93.[46]

Twenty-four tons of the steel used in construction of USS New York (LPD-21) came from the small amount of rubble from the World Trade Center preserved for posterity.[47]
Please
or

Musomama1 · 12/12/2021 10:39

Thank you op what a great thread. My brother used to be in a comedy band called The Illuminati, all the songs were about conspiracy theories.

The Paul McCartney is a lookalike thing, is just so untrue as they would've had to find someone who not only looked exactly the same but could write music exactly the same, and behave like him too. The man continued to be an a brilliant songwriter and family man post Beatles, long after the conspiracy theory.

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 12/12/2021 21:52

The man continued to be an a brilliant songwriter and family man post Beatles, long after the conspiracy theory.

Please
or

Billlius · 12/12/2021 23:48

Frog chorus???

???????

Please
or

Ddot · 13/12/2021 03:15

BBC didnt know what Jimmy savile was upto.

Please
or

PyongyangKipperbang · 13/12/2021 03:30

@Ddot

BBC didnt know what Jimmy savile was upto.

Two words

Bull
Shit

They knew they just didnt fucking want it to be true.
Please
or

PyongyangKipperbang · 13/12/2021 03:35

See also.....

Stuart Hall
Fred Talbrt
Ray Teret
Chris Denning
Jonathon King

Please
or

sashh · 13/12/2021 04:43

@PyongyangKipperbang I think Ddot was saying that's her favorite conspiracy theory.

As for 9/11 I do think we will learn more in decades to come, that doesn't mean I think it was fake or an inside job, just that things are not always disclosed.

I also think governments, all governments use events to their advantage and legislation passed in the US post 9/11 maybe wouldn't have passed so easily pre 9/11.

Please
or

Ddot · 13/12/2021 04:53

Jimmy savile Not my favourite just the most unbelievable!

Please
or

Ddot · 13/12/2021 04:55

sashh
Should have stipulated that for people like you

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 13/12/2021 10:34

I think a lot of them did know and said nothing because they were either involved/implicated in it or were otherwise in fear of their jobs, even lives, if they spoke up. Savile was way higher in the 'establishment' than I think most people realised: apparently spending Christmas Day for 11 years with Margaret and Denis Thatcher and being a (confirmed bachelor) marriage advisor to Charles and Diana - both of which sound like utterly absurd CTs, but which are on record as true.

We've already discussed Jill Dando's death and possible reasons for it, considering the people she was connected with. It seems to me that it went rather like this:

1. Jill has been murdered - why would anybody have done that?
  2. Ah, it was Barry George: he killed her because he was an obsessive fan - case closed.
  3. Many years later, it's clear that Barry George didn't kill her and he is exonerated. He might be something of an 'unusual' character but he is NOT a murderer.
  4. Well, it wasn't him, so we'll make it known that he was innocent, BUT years have passed and let's not trouble ourselves to now look for the actual killer and motive.

The Serbia connection was beyond ridiculous. Jill was great at what she did and successful in her career, but she was hardly the obvious prime target if they wanted to strike a devastating blow to the UK establishment.

Speculatively, there are a few dots that could be joined which might give a clue, but I'm not going to say anything about that here.
Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 13/12/2021 10:37

I also think governments, all governments use events to their advantage and legislation passed in the US post 9/11 maybe wouldn't have passed so easily pre 9/11.

Indeed. As they say, cui bono.

(and I'm not talking about what Alison Hewson says when she gets in from work!)

Please
or

sashh · 13/12/2021 11:05

@Ddot

sashh
Should have stipulated that for people like you

I'm sorry, but what do you mean 'people like me'?
Please
or

Ddot · 13/12/2021 15:52

thanks for the apology

Please
or

Rhannion · 13/12/2021 21:38

@WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll

I think a lot of them did know and said nothing because they were either involved/implicated in it or were otherwise in fear of their jobs, even lives, if they spoke up. Savile was way higher in the 'establishment' than I think most people realised: apparently spending Christmas Day for 11 years with Margaret and Denis Thatcher and being a (confirmed bachelor) marriage advisor to Charles and Diana - both of which sound like utterly absurd CTs, but which are on record as true.

We've already discussed Jill Dando's death and possible reasons for it, considering the people she was connected with. It seems to me that it went rather like this:
1. Jill has been murdered - why would anybody have done that?
2. Ah, it was Barry George: he killed her because he was an obsessive fan - case closed.
3. Many years later, it's clear that Barry George didn't kill her and he is exonerated. He might be something of an 'unusual' character but he is NOT a murderer.
4. Well, it wasn't him, so we'll make it known that he was innocent, BUT years have passed and let's not trouble ourselves to now look for the actual killer and motive.

The Serbia connection was beyond ridiculous. Jill was great at what she did and successful in her career, but she was hardly the obvious prime target if they wanted to strike a devastating blow to the UK establishment.

Speculatively, there are a few dots that could be joined which might give a clue, but I'm not going to say anything about that here.

There are two female tv presenters , both in their 70s & 80s now who have both denied knowing anything about JS. I find that hard to believe.
Both of them have been very outspoken about many things and were surely in a position to do something. Both had long standing jobs at the BBC, are well known and had the power to do something. This isn’t me blaming them, it’s not their doing, however together they could have made a stand.
Please
or

Rhannion · 13/12/2021 21:41

Just to add I remember one of those women on Question Time when the information about JS came out and she was very, very uncomfortable.

Please
or

Ddot · 13/12/2021 21:54

JS friend is spokeswoman for childline!

Please
or

Ddot · 13/12/2021 22:01

JS had many complaints against him nurse caught him in the morgue for God's sake. Sex pistols outed him, another nurse complained then banned him from children's ward, the list is endless. He was a monster. I asked my mam if I could go on Jim will fix it and she said no, lucky escape eh

Please
or

julieca · 13/12/2021 22:05

Some people don't invite anyone gossiping with them so may not have heard anything.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rhannion · 14/12/2021 00:07

@julieca

Some people don't invite anyone gossiping with them so may not have heard anything.

I don’t think either of those women are naive...!
Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 14/12/2021 00:22

There are two female tv presenters , both in their 70s & 80s now who have both denied knowing anything about JS. I find that hard to believe.

Both of them have been very outspoken about many things and were surely in a position to do something. Both had long standing jobs at the BBC, are well known and had the power to do something. This isn’t me blaming them, it’s not their doing, however together they could have made a stand.

Oh, it was very well known. Terry Wogan was quoted (he might have actually said it on TV himself, I can't quite remember which) as having been asked by a journalist why he/nobody else spoke up, and his reply was that it was their (the journalist's) job, not his. I was a big fan of Terry, but very sad that he didn't seem to see child protection as everybody's job.

Again, I can't remember whether it was Terry himself or the longstanding producer, but they were vehement that Savile was not welcome to come anywhere near Children In Need, even though he apparently expressed regular interest in becoming involved.

Then again, IF our suggestions about Jill are anywhere near the truth, I suppose it was a very clear signal of what could happen to anybody who did make noises about exposing him or even delving any further than just 'avoid him, he's a strange one'.

Ironically, Johnny Rotten probably got away with it because he was seen as the anarchist who would make outrageous statements about the establishment for his own publicity purposes and could easily just be brushed off as a bonkers attention-seeker.

On the other hand, if 'normal, nice' respected journalists/presenters started exposing him in public, that would be much harder to brush under the carpet. I suppose, if you knew that doing so would spell the end of your career/life - likely before you were able to tell in public anyway - you would probably see it that you had everything to lose and nothing to gain anyway.

There's no doubt whatsoever that JS was not the evil lone wolf certain corporations and establishment bodies like to paint him as. He would never have been allowed to continue doing what he did, right up until his death, if he hadn't been in a position to take some very powerful people down with him if they didn't ensure he was protected.

This is just my ponderings, but I wonder if Jill did know about JS, but wasn't aware of just how far his claws went and who was connected with him. She very well may have unwittingly signed her own death warrant by discussing with some of his 'friends', not realising that they were involved too - and that their reaction might have been not to work with her in exposing him, but to protect their own interests by colluding to help him (and themselves) by killing her.

Again, the Serbian story sounds like the biggest, most ridiculous conspiracy going. Of all the internationally-famous top British figures they could have taken out, to make their point on the global stage, it's beyond ludicrous to suggest that they would have deliberately chosen to target her, lovely, domestically popular and good at her job as she was.

Please
or

julieca · 14/12/2021 00:25

It was the Chief Executive of Children in Need who said that Saville would never get anywhere near it while he was involved.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.