Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What is your favourite conspiracy theory?

julieca · 06/12/2021 21:38

I love the crazy conspiracy theories. So my favourite ones are that birds arent real and that Paul McCartney is dead and the man we see now is a lookalike.
What about you?

OP's posts:
Please
or

notimagain · 09/12/2021 16:48

@MissConductUS

You've really drunk the koolaid, haven't you?

Given what you witnessed I think you’re reponse is remarkably polite..

I ended up at a wake for one of the 9/11 flight crew Sad and I’m not sure I could have managed that.

Querying the Moon-landings is one thing but some of the events under discussion were tragedies that effected hundreds if not thousands of people.

Please
or

Ddot · 09/12/2021 17:00

kmblark
So dying in pain till you gasp your last breath suffocating on your own blood is fine because someone said a prayer. Thats ok then.

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 09/12/2021 17:29

And James Hewitt is really Harry’s dad.

I heard one that James Goldsmith was Diana's dad. If you look at photos of Diana and Zac Goldsmith next to each other, they do look very similar.

On that same topic, there was also a suggestion that Barbara Bush was the daughter of Aleister Crowley.

Not that it was a conspiracy at all, but the fact that Laura Bush (accidentally) killed a man in a car crash in 1963 is far less known than you'd expect.

A swerve from the idea of Bill Gates being evil and wanting to destroy the world, somebody I heard postulated that Bill Gates' motives with vaccines might not be as altruistic as is widely believed. In the same way that the financial success of Microsoft was built on versions of software that had to be continually bought again and again for every computer as they were updated and made obsolete, getting the whole world depending on vaccines that keep needing to be boosted/updated every few months is an enormous money spinner.

I know he doesn't need the money, but for billionaires, it has long ceased to be about the actual buying power of the money and it's all to do with the power/influence/control/self-validation it brings them.

I'd forgotten about the Georgia Guidestones, as somebody mentioned upthread. I guess those stones are proof-positive of a conspiracy (or at least conspiratorial desires), as it's a massive (and very secretive) undertaking to create such a grand monument to something that some group doesn't fervently believe in. It's hardly just a throwaway comment that "I reckon this planet is way overpopulated".

That fact that it's heavily protected and overseen by the local authorities does suggest that it bears some mark of official endorsement. If it were just some crackpot farmer putting up a wacky big edifice in his field displaying his eccentric views, I don't see how or why the local authorities would care about protecting it - much less apparently revering it.

Please
or

kmblark · 09/12/2021 17:31

@Ddot

kmblark
So dying in pain till you gasp your last breath suffocating on your own blood is fine because someone said a prayer. Thats ok then.

I don't agree with slaughter without stunning, halal or not. But saying it is as bad as cannibalism is a pathetic attempt to derail the thread.

But if you would genuinely be as unhappy eating any kind of halal meat as you would eating human flesh, there's something wrong with you beyond your childish desire to start arguments on the Internet.
Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 09/12/2021 17:32

I don't see how anybody can possibly question the fact of the horror and the tragedy of what actually happened on 9/11.

Questioning who was responsible for the atrocity is quite a different matter from simply claiming that it was all dreamt up or holograms or something.

Please
or

StrangerThanSpring · 09/12/2021 17:33

Aren't birth certificates public in the UK?

If Boris' baby was born on a different date, we'd know. Same with the Queen's death certificate.

I think it would be hard to reschedule the C section date without good reason. Let's face it, Boris is always in hot water, so I actually suspect this is bad timing for him. He needs to be in the public eye.

Please
or

HaaaaaveyoumetTed · 09/12/2021 17:34

@Ddot

kmblark

You realize the vast majority (98%) of halal meat IS stunned right? And the 2% that isn't you're very unlikely to come across because it's extortionate and sold in specific Islamic butchers?
Please
or

estellacruella · 09/12/2021 17:40

has anybody seen the one doing the rounds about lady gaga being amy winehouse

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 09/12/2021 17:53

That reminds me of the other one where it's claimed that each person is legally a corporate entity, owned by the government, as indicated by your name being registered on official documents all in capitals. No idea where that one came from or if there's any link to a scintilla of truth anywhere in it.

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 09/12/2021 17:54

Sounds wacky, but I can see how some people might have interpreted the meat dress as a public declaration of her 'inhabiting somebody else's body'.

Please
or

Igotstoknow · 09/12/2021 17:55

@WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll

I don't see how anybody can possibly question the fact of the horror and the tragedy of what actually happened on 9/11.

Questioning who was responsible for the atrocity is quite a different matter from simply claiming that it was all dreamt up or holograms or something.

I knew some people thought it was an 'inside job', I didn't know people thought it didn't happen!
Please
or

Igotstoknow · 09/12/2021 17:58

@estellacruella

I've heard three CTs about lady gaga

She's a man
She's Amy Winehouse
She killed another woman as a sacrifice or as a bargain for her career.

I've read about lots of women secretly being men, I suppose misogyny tells those people women can't be successful without actually being a man.
Please
or

MissConductUS · 09/12/2021 18:18

Given what you witnessed I think you’re reponse is remarkably polite..

Thanks. I had to edit it three times before posting. Smile

Please
or

Ddot · 09/12/2021 18:19

kmblark
I made one snarky comment so you kept it going not me. Halal meat is not stunned, as it stops the heart and the blood remains.

Please
or

Ddot · 09/12/2021 18:21

Just to add I do not condone eating humans which should be obvious with anyone who has a bloody brain.

Please
or

Ddot · 09/12/2021 18:24

Ooops I'm wrong 58% is stunned the rest die in agony

Please
or

Chippingbird23 · 09/12/2021 18:36

That covid is being used to usher in a social credit system globally, cashless society. A great reset where you will own nothing be happy. The vaccine isn’t to depopulate but it certainly it’s great for your health and big pharmacy are loving it. The fact I know two young people who have died after having two jabs suddenly freaked me out.

A new normal that resembles a dystopian society with big tech and AI having more control. Oh and I don’t entertain other conspiracies such as who is really man etc such rubbish. Personally my fave is the whole using covid to bring about a Great reset once called new world order. That conspiracy is crazy and so unrealistic isn’t it to be honest.

Please
or

Soggymarshmellows · 09/12/2021 19:11

So a prime minister couldn't get a different date on a birth certificate? The Queen?
Hmmm
I'm pretty sure plenty of falsified documents have happened over the years. That's open knowledge. Why do we think things are less corrupt now, that the UK - with one of the best national record keeping systems in the world - is always 100% corruption free... oh wait...

Please
or

Simonjt · 09/12/2021 19:46

@kmblark Interesting that the poster isn’t bothered about kosher meat being 100% unstunned, they could try harder to hide their prejudice.

Please
or

Riverlee · 09/12/2021 20:04

[quote Jacaranda75]@fakereview regarding Andrew Wakefield, I was obliquely involved in some litigation with the two main witnesses in this case. I very much believe he WAS the victim of a conspiracy.

However, I must add that I DO NOT believe that MMR causes autism.[/quote]
In what why was Andrew Wakefield involved in a conspiracy?

Please
or

Riverlee · 09/12/2021 20:09

That reminds me of the other one where it's claimed that each person is legally a corporate entity, owned by the government, as indicated by your name being registered on official documents all in capitals. No idea where that one came from or if there's any link to a scintilla of truth anywhere in it.

I have a friend who believes this. She says that when you registers someone birth, you are effectively selling yourself to the Government.

Also, that footage from police body cameras, are being watched by Freemasons.
Please
or

Riverlee · 09/12/2021 20:12

Adrenochrome - children are being killed and ‘adrenochrome’ is being extracted from them to give the people drug highs etc.

Please
or

Lushplease · 09/12/2021 20:44

@thedancingbear

I'd love to hear your more on the computer simulationSmile

Please
or

MissConductUS · 09/12/2021 20:46

This is called the sovereign citizens movement and I think it originated here in the US as parts of it depends on misreadings of the constitution. The people who believe it think that they are above all laws and the jurisdiction of the courts, don't have to pay taxes, don't need a license to drive, etc. Complete rubbish of course.
Please
or

IWanderedLonely · 09/12/2021 20:55

Pyewackect

That the DofE gave instructions to MI6 to bump Diana Spencer off. And I’ve met ppl who actually believe it. That and governments are using the covid vaccination to inject v small tracking devices into the population.

Whoever gets the job of tracking me will be very disappointed and bored then. Grin

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.