My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Sitting in A&E

38 replies

rainatnightlove · 25/10/2020 19:22

21 years old, been experiencing chest/rib pain in the left side so figured it's probably best to come to A&E just in case. Luckily not very busy.

What's everyone else up to?

OP posts:
sunshinel · 25/10/2020 19:28

Best to get checked out, hope you're not waiting too long. I'm watching strictly from last night whilst being a referee to my 8 and 5 year old! Is there anyone who can wait with you or are you not allowed? X

Iwant2move · 25/10/2020 19:30

Flopped on the sofa after Sunday dinner and rather too much wine.
You are in the right place. I have had chest pain radiating in to my left arm since I was 17 years old and having university interviews. I’m 55 now and still here.
I was always taken seriously.
I have an enormous fluffy golden-doodle keeping me company while I watch “Arrested Development “.
Hopefully you will be home soon.

rainatnightlove · 25/10/2020 19:39

@sunshinel I think you're allowed one person but I decided to go on my own as it's less risk for other people.

I watched the dances on YouTube this morning! Love strictly.

Waiting now for bloods and an ECG (or EKG- can't rememberGrin)

OP posts:
rainatnightlove · 25/10/2020 19:39

@Iwant2move thank you! Glad to hear it's all turned out okay for you! We have a cocker spaniel, missing him right now!

OP posts:
sunshinel · 25/10/2020 19:46

Bless you, probably best but can be worrying on your own.
I love Strictly too! My 8 year old DD has loved it since she was 3 so we always watch it. My 5 year old DS isn't so sure!
I cooked a roast dinner today and am quite liking the cosy evenings.
Hope you get some answers soon, lots of love

GuyFawkesHadTheRightIdea · 25/10/2020 20:01

Eating Bakewell tart with a cuppa whilst compiling a Halloween playlist for our party on Saturday. Hope all's well with bloods/ecg. I had the same kind of thing last year but all tests came back clear.

frustrationcentral · 25/10/2020 20:29

I'm watching top gear ( well, actually mumsnetting!), I'm outnumbered in our house with DH and 2 teenage sons loving 8pm on a Sunday evening. I'm about to make an excuse to go and hide in the bath in a minute but as this is the only programme DS1 watches with us I feel abit antisocial!!

Hope you're alright OP x

Gilead · 25/10/2020 20:34

Hope all is well. You’ve done the right thing. 💐

nocoolnamesleft · 25/10/2020 20:40

You've done the right thing to get checked out. Hope they don't find to much. I get pain like that when I have a chest infection.

Georgeoftheinternet · 25/10/2020 20:57

I’ve just been to A&E trying to get a medication review (via the Mental Health department).
Two absolutely awful nurses that were treating me like shit and threatened to get me sectioned.
Lovely NHS.

EKGEMS · 25/10/2020 20:57

Just renewed my RN license online. Electrocardiogram aka EKG or ECG here in the states. Hope you get a clean bill of health!

frustrationcentral · 25/10/2020 21:00

@Georgeoftheinternet

I’ve just been to A&E trying to get a medication review (via the Mental Health department).
Two absolutely awful nurses that were treating me like shit and threatened to get me sectioned.
Lovely NHS.

Hope you're ok, that sounds crap Sad
Georgeoftheinternet · 25/10/2020 21:12

@frustrationcentral I was her and her colleagues emotional punch bag. Awful people. Product of the awful nhs.

TwoLeftSocksWithHoles · 25/10/2020 21:15

I rather hoped this was the an opening to a deep Souls number, something like Otis Redding may have done....

...ah well, back to my giant Pork Pie.

Purpledaisychain · 25/10/2020 21:30

I had a similar thing. It turned out to be stress. I had gotten pretty stressed out about something (can't even remember what now) and it triggered chest pain. I then got stressed about the chest pain which triggered more chest pain. So it was a bit of a vicious cycle. Once I got my diagnosis it went away because I was more relaxed.

It is always best to get checked out though. I hope you are ok.

Antst · 25/10/2020 22:02

Yes, definitely best to get it checked out. I ignored periodic pain in my abdomen because I was living in the US and couldn't afford to get it checked out even with "good" health insurance.

It turned out to be ovarian cysts that were filling and exploding every few months. Unfortunately, by the time I got to get care while on a work trip in Europe, my ovaries were irreparably damaged. Take advantage of care while you have it!

I'm currently digesting my borscht--the product of eight hours of work. Been meaning to make it for years and finally got around to it. Definitely worthwhile. Happy to have figured out that it's allspice that gives borscht that distinctive flavour.

ragged · 25/10/2020 22:31

Any news Rain?
I'm gonna guess peri-carditis. It's not very unusual.

rainatnightlove · 26/10/2020 14:17

Hi everyone, sorry got back very late last night and went to bed. Everything was absolutely fine, results all normal so they put it down to anxiety.

OP posts:
Antst · 26/10/2020 14:51

I am thinking, "good" even though I'm sorry you're anxious. Glad it wasn't anything worse!

Wish I could suggest something useful for you. I don't know what you're anxious about, but I hope you realize you're not alone right now. If you're lonely, there are still Meetup groups happening. My history group is doing outdoor walks, for example, and that's a great way to meet people and feel stimulated. I'm going on runs/walks to areas of the city I wouldn't usually visit and that has kept me sane over the last few months.

If there's anything we can help with, please ask.

rainatnightlove · 28/10/2020 02:30

@Antst Thank you! I agree it's a much better diagnosis than anything else!

I'm waiting for some CBT in Dec so really hope that'll make a difference. 🤞🏻

OP posts:
rainatnightlove · 30/10/2020 15:34

So the doctor called me, he wants me in to do a chest x ray as apparently my bloods were read wrong and are actually abnormal Sad

Off to A&E this evening, really nervous.

OP posts:
EBearhug · 30/10/2020 15:48

Stay strong, rain - if anything is wrong, you'll be in the right place. Hope all is well for you.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

frustrationcentral · 30/10/2020 15:50

Ah crap @rainatnightlove ! Hope it goes ok x

Happyheartlovelife · 30/10/2020 15:51

I spent a few nights recently I. A and e. Which is the wrong place really. I have a feeding tube. But occasionally it gets blocked. But the Gastro team signed me off. Open access to wards have refused me. Been w bloody nightmare.

Heartofstrings · 30/10/2020 15:53

Hope it goes ok op! Could still be very minor

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.