My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

How are you spending your evening?

70 replies

Lsquiggles · 25/09/2020 20:27

I've retreated to bed with an ear infection and pounding headache so feeling sorry for myself Grin

What's everyone up to tonight? What did you have nice for dinner? Anything good on TV?

OP posts:
BackforGood · 25/09/2020 20:31

Watching 'Fame' on You Tube's 'The Show Must Go on'

Hope you feel better soon. Flowers

Wisheverydaywasfriday · 25/09/2020 20:37

Snuggled up with my dog on the sofa, candles lit, feet up and browsing on iPad Bliss after a very busy week at work.

Natsku · 25/09/2020 20:39

Looking for potential Christmas presents for DD, drinking night time tea, and avoiding the cat who is in a bad mood and out to get me.

Champagneforeveryone · 25/09/2020 20:41

Going to work on a night shift. I actually enjoy my job and I'm on rest days from tomorrow so it's not all that bad Smile

catsareme14 · 25/09/2020 20:42

Being totally fed up & lonely

bornninthe80s · 25/09/2020 20:43

Made this amazing recipe for dinner https://www.thelondoner.me/2017/12/low-carb-cottage-pies.html - my two year old kept saying "mmm, delicious" so can't have been that bad Grin then had some prosecco, a classic magnum and now watching Selling Sunset while my husband gives me a foot massage.

Hope you feel better soon!

Prokupatuscrakedatus · 25/09/2020 20:43

Nursing my hurting jaw (the filling feels fine) , it hurts because the tooth was hard to reach.

Kakiweewee · 25/09/2020 20:44

My D&D group do movie nights on Mondays and Fridays, so tonight we're watching Jumanji together as we're on a 90s kick. We'll discuss it afterwards and then probably talk a lot of rubbish.

Toilenstripes · 25/09/2020 20:44

Looking for 50th birthday present for my husband. Trying to convince my cat that my leg has fallen asleep and I need to pee.

bornninthe80s · 25/09/2020 20:45

@catsareme14 Sad sending virtual company. Hope you are okay. Do you want to talk about it?

TartanDMs · 25/09/2020 20:46

just had a kebab delivered. DS is staying with friends this week so I'm alone and couldn't get a shopping delivery, didn't fancy freezer roulette Grin so watching Death in Paradise and eating rubbish. Its been a long week.

ShellsAndSunrises · 25/09/2020 20:46

Packing for my honeymoon tomorrow. We weren’t sure it’d happen until it was close... got our negative coronavirus tests back at 6pmish. I’m excited and nervous!

takeasadsongandmakeitbetter · 25/09/2020 20:47

Trying to get Ds2 to sleep in his big boy bed for the first time... HELP!!

HRTRefusal · 25/09/2020 20:47

Dinner is cooking, DH is on his way home with a tipple and a wee "something nice" for dessert, candles lit. Just need to look for something on Netflix and we're done.

WinifredSanderson · 25/09/2020 20:48

Drinking tea in pjs after a very busy week, and waiting for our takeaway to be delivered. It's half an hour late! DD8 is watching shouty people playing games on YouTube so I'm on Mumsnet Grin

LauraLooDerby · 25/09/2020 20:48

DP has just got back after three weeks working away.
DD (9mo) is in her cot, finally sleeping (she has a bunged up nose so getting her to sleep is an effort).
DDog is asleep in his bed.
I'm laying on the sofa watching GBBO Extra Bite thingy, drinking red wine, with my DP laying down next to/draped on me (sounds dodge but it's not, just comfy). He's snoring and usually that would do my nut in but this time it's just lovely to have him home and relaxing with us 😊

FiveGoMadInDorset · 25/09/2020 20:48

Toast and wine for supper for me

Watching Goodbye Christopher Robin with the cat

DC's are in there rooms

Whattheduck · 25/09/2020 20:50

Waiting for dd to call she’s gone to the cinema with her boyfriend so I’m on taxi duty to pick them up then going to come home and watch Gogglebox snuggled up with a peppermint tea

Cocolapew · 25/09/2020 20:50

Lying on the sofa listening to Prince Sign O The Times deluxe set that was released today.

badlydrawnbear · 25/09/2020 20:51

It's nearly 9pm and I have just finished putting DC2 to bed, so hopefully nothing much for about a hour then I can go to bed. I still need to finish putting away the shopping. DC1 and DH are watching a film. We had pizza for dinner, because we always do on Fridays.

Princessposie · 25/09/2020 20:51

DD had a little friend over, we’ve been toasting Marshmallows outside, they’ve had a lovely night. Now she’s in bed, I’m about to shower and climb into bed Grin

newtb · 25/09/2020 20:52

Sounds lovely, but I live in SW France where cauliflower is about 4€ each even French grown. No idea why.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Howmanysleepsnow · 25/09/2020 20:54

I’ve said the dc can sleep in the lounge as a “treat” (they’re strange creatures!) so I’m having a glass of wine in the kitchen and mumsnetting while they hopefully fall asleep. DH is away so it’s just me and them for a couple of weeks.
They had sausages, root veg mash and roast broccoli for dinner. I’m low carbing (or was until the wine!) so just had the broccoli and some cottage cheese. I quite like not having to eat “proper meals” while DH is away. I’d kill for a lemon drizzle cake or a twirl now though!

catsareme14 · 25/09/2020 20:54

@borninthe80s Thank you so much for the company . Just feeling as if things are so out of control again . I dread not seeing family again . I've never felt lonely until this year , I usually love my own company . I feel as if I'm not who I was . All odd & discombobulating.

Soosiesoo · 25/09/2020 20:55

Love reading these!

We had lasagne for dinner with wine.

I've been watching Ratched whilst the two dds watch flushed away on our bed with popcorn (hell fire!). They're off to bed shortly in time for us to watch Gogglebox!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.