Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AMA

I’m a big family mummy

334 replies

Devonmum2022 · 09/08/2022 13:35

So whist talking to a random mum at soft play she was surprised at our “big family” 9 children (full time custody of 3 step children) l. Never thought of us as a big family lol but ask away

OP posts:
Please
or

Fatarseflanagan09 · 09/08/2022 19:20

What you on about, selfish on the planet, what do you suggest she does?
the kids are here now, what’s she supposed to do exterminate some of them?
I can’t stand these uppity mealy mouthed twats that spout shite like that, it’s just nasty pontifical shit.

Please
or

Qik · 09/08/2022 19:22

Creepymanonagoatfarm · 09/08/2022 13:41

Nowt to ask.
I have more biological dc!!

Dirty goat fucker! 😂
How many kids do you have Billy?

Please
or

ScreechingEchoChamber · 09/08/2022 19:25

Fatarseflanagan09 · 09/08/2022 19:20

What you on about, selfish on the planet, what do you suggest she does?
the kids are here now, what’s she supposed to do exterminate some of them?
I can’t stand these uppity mealy mouthed twats that spout shite like that, it’s just nasty pontifical shit.

Crikey. That's a bit strong.

Please
or

KTheGrey · 09/08/2022 19:26

Of course, dogs and cats have a hugely detrimental impact on the environment, and you can be absolutely sure they will never be tax payers or work for the NHS...

Please
or

JanisMoplin · 09/08/2022 19:29

Pets don't have the impact a child in a rich country does.

Please
or

PrincessRamone · 09/08/2022 19:32

Some nasty comments on here.

Well done OP. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. The bed pods sound like a genius idea, and it seems like you have a great balancing act for activities and one on one time with them.

Are you secretly looking forward to the day when they are all grown, or hoping for grandkids staying over?

do you manage to feed everyone from a single MN chicken? 😉

Please
or

Jetstream · 09/08/2022 19:32

Cousins are a family of nine. All survived and doing well. Knew someone with fourteen siblings. The eldest didn’t know the youngest ( he was third last) ones.
I imagine privacy and personal space is tight.

Please
or

venus7 · 09/08/2022 19:34

yougotthelook · 09/08/2022 18:10

Fuck me there are some miserable cunts on this thread!
OP you and your family sound absolutely amazing - I bet you all have such a great time together x
Please don't take any notice of the bloody do-gooders bleating on...I bet they all drive bloody big cars and go on foreign holidays!
Xxxx❤️❤️❤️

No, we don't.

Please
or

laddyandthetramp · 09/08/2022 19:35

minesalargered · 09/08/2022 19:16

Wow. The level of judgement on this thread is why I left Mumsnet for years.

I assume, by your name, you have a dog mydogisthebest. I have two, love them to pieces. They are not the most environmentally friendly concept are they? Dogs are not fundamentally necessary to the essentials of living, they just enhance your life.

That said, I could be making assumptions about your life based on a few posts......

You're seriously nitpicking somebody's dog as an example of why they are entitled to no opinion? Sorry but what?

Did you know breathing releases co2? Living in a house takes up space? Eating food...

Most people don't have large families of 9 children. Again, not picking on op, but it's true. That is carbon footprint x 11 people. My household is x 4.

Please
or

Highfivemum · 09/08/2022 19:35

Wow some really unkind comments on here.
if you choose to have 0 children of 20 that is up to you.
I choose to have 6 DC and my DH and I Pay and support them all.
leave the OP alone she is doing a great job.

Please
or

ArcheryAnnie · 09/08/2022 19:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

If by "pathetic" you mean "careful and responsible", I agree entirely, @KJPrice

I've got a kid, the light of my life, and I worry that I did him no favours at all at bringing him into the world at the moment. His middle age, if he is fortunate enough to be permitted to achieve it, will likely be a lot more difficult than mine, just because of the climate.

Please
or

Tillsforthrills · 09/08/2022 19:39

Such mean spirited comments.

Please
or

hifiive · 09/08/2022 19:41

I actually think it's moved on from op to ignorant posters who don't care about their children's future. Most people were polite enough, they asked questions but it's an AMA after all.

Please
or

venus7 · 09/08/2022 19:42

Tabbouleh · 09/08/2022 18:21

Also British children could possibly solve the climate emergency! Or come up with a cure for cancer!

'For their lifetime' says it all; and beyond?

Please
or

DomPom47 · 09/08/2022 19:42

What 1 thing would improve the quality of your life? And roughly what is your weekly/monthly food expenses?

Please
or

Tillsforthrills · 09/08/2022 19:43

Deeply depressing to hear people talk about the reasons your children shouldn’t be alive or why their existence is wrong.

Many cultures have big happy families.

Please
or

JanisMoplin · 09/08/2022 19:47

Tillsforthrills · 09/08/2022 19:43

Deeply depressing to hear people talk about the reasons your children shouldn’t be alive or why their existence is wrong.

Many cultures have big happy families.

Those cultures usually have smaller carbon footprints. They eat less or no meat, don't have cars, and don't fly. Also many women in those cultures have no control over their fertility.

I thought this was MN not Netmums with all the " You go hun" type comments.

Please
or

UnnecessaryFennel · 09/08/2022 19:47

I've got a kid, the light of my life, and I worry that I did him no favours at all at bringing him into the world at the moment. His middle age, if he is fortunate enough to be permitted to achieve it, will likely be a lot more difficult than mine, just because of the climate.

This x1000.

@KJPrice you sound as entitled and self-absorbed as your namesake.

Please
or

KJPrice · 09/08/2022 19:48

No, i don’t mean it like that 👍🏻 what a weird statement.

Please
or

Tillsforthrills · 09/08/2022 19:49

OP you have a large family of 6 children and took on 3 more to help them. Much more impressive to me that you manage to care for them all - there’s no way I could. Much more so than nasty, vicious people spouting about the planet.

The type of people in the news today, pouring milk on Harrods floors trying to look virtuous, when all they’ve done is make already lowly paid workers clean it all up.

Please
or

venus7 · 09/08/2022 19:51

Louise0701 · 09/08/2022 18:30

I feel like everytime the climate gets mentioned, people moan about the heat. You do know many of us are loving it, yes? I doubt if people didn’t do their bit before now that hot weather will get them to do so.

You do know there is a difference between weather and climate?

Please
or

safetyfreak · 09/08/2022 19:51

Maybe you and your husband need to get a hobby?

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 09/08/2022 19:52

Much more so than nasty, vicious people spouting about the planet.

Get a grip, woman.

Please
or

Tillsforthrills · 09/08/2022 19:53

JanisMoplin · 09/08/2022 19:47

Those cultures usually have smaller carbon footprints. They eat less or no meat, don't have cars, and don't fly. Also many women in those cultures have no control over their fertility.

I thought this was MN not Netmums with all the " You go hun" type comments.

Wtf are you on about? How moronic.

Countries like Italy and Ireland , Middle East, Latin America etc have big families, 5/6 biological children like the OP.

Please
or

minesalargered · 09/08/2022 19:54

Not all of whom are her children, all of which the OP has chosen to love and nurture it seems. Would you rather they are abandoned to the state system, would that be in their best interests or more environmentally sound? I've exercised the same level of judgement and high standards being shown to those that disagree, in a less than kind manner, to the OP.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?