My feed
Premium

Our writers test and research products independently. When you buy through a link on our site we may earn a commission but this never affects our product choices.

Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber review: an honest review of the budget-friendly dehumidifier alternative

Looking for a cost-effective way to banish damp? We've put this cheap and eco-friendly solution through its paces. Here's what we thought.

By Poppy O'Neill | Last updated Sep 13, 2023

Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber

Overall star rating: 3.5/5

Price on writing: £12 | Buy now from Amazon

Key specs

Type: Moisture Absorber | Extraction amount: 12L | Tank capacity:  2.5L | Dimensions: H19.7 x W15.2 x D14.7cm | Weight: 0.8kg | Power: None required | Cost per hour: Free | Noise level: 0dB | Max room size: 20m² | Laundry mode: No | Warranty: N/A

What we like

• Much cheaper than a dehumidifier

• More environmentally friendly than disposable moisture traps

• Great for small spaces

• Gets rid of musty smells

• Easy to drain and refill

• Available in scented or neutral

• Uses no electricity or batteries

• Refills last up to 3 months

• Made from 60% recycled plastic

What we don’t like

• Not effective in larger rooms

• Blue liquid could stain

• Refills are as expensive as the device

What Mumsnet users say

"We put a Unibond Aero 360 moisture absorber, placed discreetly in each room ( Asda/ Wilko). I have just put them out for autumn/ winter, as a few days ago, the windows were streaming with condensation in the morning: all gone now with these in place. Open windows when you can, though, too." (Vetted by Mumsnetter Dannyglick)

"These are great. You can get them in Asda, Wilko's and other places too. Very satisfying to see the water collect!" (Recommended by Mumsnet user BigbreastsBiggerbeard)

Our verdict

If you have a small room or cupboard that accumulates moisture or damp, sticking a Unibond Aero 360 Moisture Absorber in there will make a big difference. If you want something cheap and simple to reduce humidity then you've come to the right place.

While cheaper moisture absorbers are available, they involve a lot of single use plastic, and the Unibond Aero 360 offers a much more eco-friendly alternative. Simply drain the liquid regularly, replace the refill every three months and it will happily sit there sucking up a surprising amount of moisture from the air in your home.

Granted, it isn’t as effective as a dehumidifier, but if you're not sure if you need to splash out on the full whammy, this damp trap is a good place to start.

Read next: Best dehumidifiers for your home, as recommended by Mumsnetters

How does the Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber work?

2-1694603379.jpg

The Unibond 360 doesn’t rely on electricity, just activated crystals which attract moisture, so it’s completely silent and will have no effect on your energy bills - double win.

I moved into a new flat and the air was quite damp and humid so I was researching ways to improve it. The most cost effective thing to try first was a damp trap rather than a dehumidifier and I chose the Unibond one because it was the least wasteful option as you can replace the part that soaks up the damp air rather than chucking the whole thing out.

How easy is the Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber to set up?

3-1694603437.jpg

The device was really easy to set up and it’s also easy to empty and refill - you just pop the back open to put a new block in and there's an outlet for the liquid on the side so you can just pour it into the toilet or sink.

Read next: Best heated clothes airers for drying clothes quickly

What’s the Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber like to use day-to-day?

It’s effective at reducing the humid feeling in a small room and I notice it does collect a lot of liquid so it must be doing something! I chose the unscented refill but I still think it took a bit of the musty smell out of the room.

The downsides are that the block is half bright blue, so any liquid and residue has the potential to stain furniture and carpets. This means we have to keep it somewhere it’ll definitely not get knocked over and be super careful when emptying it. Another downside is that the device is quite big, but I would say it’s the most effective damp trap I’ve used and it’s better for the environment to have refills.

How effective is the Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber?

4-1694603528.jpg

I’ve used the Unibond Aero 360 for 6 months now and actually bought another one. Unfortunately it wasn’t strong enough to clear the damp air in my flat so I have a dehumidifier in the main part of the house and then I have one Unibond in each bedroom for a boost and the air in my flat is fine now.

Read next: Best clothes steamers for crease-free garments

Does the Unibond Aero 360 Compact Moisture Absorber offer value for money?

If you’re just looking to reduce damp in a small space, the Unibond Aero 360 is a budget option that, at under £12, costs a fraction of even the cheapest dehumidifiers. It's worth noting that refills are roughly £11 at the time of writing, and you'll need one of these every 3 months.

However, if damp and excess moisture is an issue throughout your home, a dehumidifier is probably a better bet as the Unibond Aero 360 has limited effect in larger spaces. After some trial and error, I found a good balance by having one of these moisture traps in each bedroom and a dehumidifier in the living room.

Read next: Tefal Easygliss Eco review: an environmentally-friendly approach to ironing

How we tested

Our reviewer Katie tested the Unibond Aero 360 over the course of 6 months in her new 2-bedroom flat. She tested it in each room, noting how effective it was at reducing moisture and humidity levels.

Katie also took note of how straightforward the moisture absorber was to set up, refill and use day to day.

About Mumsnet Reviews

All Mumsnet product reviews are written by real people after weeks of research and testing. We work hard to provide honest and independent advice you can trust. Sometimes, we earn revenue through affiliate (click-to-buy) links in our articles. However, we never allow this to influence our coverage.