Talk

Advanced search

Maya Forstater court case

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Bardonnay Thu 14-Nov-19 06:14:22

Sorry to link to the DM but they've covered Maya Forstater's upcoming court case here:
https://mol.im/a/7683207.

Maya's account of events is here and her post links to updates about the case: https://medium.com/**@MForstater**/i-lost-my-job-for-speaking-up-about-womens-rights-2af2186ae84

Melioration Mon 18-Nov-19 12:43:10

I am on tenterhooks waiting to learn about the street violence shock

Butterisbest Mon 18-Nov-19 12:43:29

Street violence wing, is that the one where Gender Critical women get punched in the head and are then forced to deny their attackers sex in court. Is it that wing?

Whatisthisfuckery Mon 18-Nov-19 12:44:41

Can’t wait for the questions about street violence. You’d think TRAs would have mentioned it.

Callmejudith Mon 18-Nov-19 12:45:52

Does anyone know what CQ have to do with the case/why are they a witness?

Waterl00 Mon 18-Nov-19 12:45:56

CC - [repeats question] MF has no right to express these views and expect any employment protections. That’s your case, right?

RW - [flounders] I’m not an attorney, can’t weigh in on that. That’s not my testimony. I’ll leave that to my team.

CC - no further questions

That's appalling. An HR Director should have absolute certainty of the legal position before taking any action. This is sheer identity politics arrogance, turning up to a tribunal reliant on lawyers to explain after the event why you did what you did. No integrity, all he has is a belief identity politics will save him. He doesn't even resister that women may be telling the truth.

PreseaCombatir Mon 18-Nov-19 12:46:05

No butter, that’s the wing of street violence, we’re talking about the street violence front wing

OvaHere Mon 18-Nov-19 12:47:27

Street violence wing, is that the one where Gender Critical women get punched in the head and are then forced to deny their attackers sex in court. Is it that wing?

I imagine so but in their reality (which must never be questioned) all that happened the other way around.

Waterl00 Mon 18-Nov-19 12:47:52

Register, not resister.

With men like this is HR who needs enemies?

CaptainKirksSpikeyGhost Mon 18-Nov-19 12:48:20

Thank you wildwomanwritingclub!

CaptainKirksSpikeyGhost Mon 18-Nov-19 12:49:03

The thing is they have no arguments at all, even in court it's the same things they come out with here. I'm not easily amazed but it's amazing.

Butterisbest Mon 18-Nov-19 12:50:00

And of course, the literal violence of the attempted correct sexing.
Presea 🤣
Damn those pesky violent street women

BovaryX Mon 18-Nov-19 12:52:04

Street violence wing? The evidence for this is going to be interesting.... Still can’t believe that RD is black according to the HR dude. This is truly barking mad

BernardBlacksWineIceLolly Mon 18-Nov-19 12:52:13

Clair Quentin says

not credible that MF wasn’t aware of my nonbinary gender identity, my pinned tweet was a gif saying I’m non binary

you know that 'not on the same planet' thing?

Michelleoftheresistance Mon 18-Nov-19 12:52:52

Street violence wing? Good grief. I can't wait for the evidence of this one, since this is court and supposedly a witness can't just make stuff up.

On the other hand what's being debated is: is someone's statement of their personal reality to be absolutely respected in all circumstances by others, regardless of evidence. In which case I suggest Maya identifies as the judge.

littlbrowndog Mon 18-Nov-19 12:52:58

O m g

CaptainKirksSpikeyGhost Mon 18-Nov-19 12:53:13

not credible that MF wasn’t aware of my nonbinary gender identity, my pinned tweet was a gif saying I’m non binary

you know that 'not on the same planet' thing?

Weirdest thing in in the next breath they say they blocked MF....

littlbrowndog Mon 18-Nov-19 12:53:50

What has CQ got to with this ?

LangCleg Mon 18-Nov-19 12:54:13

I am supposed to be working but I can't look away! My eyes are that boggled I'm barely even able to type on here!

GeordieTerf Mon 18-Nov-19 12:54:29

If I was there, you’d have to carry me out on a stretcher! I wouldn’t be able to control my laughter grin

NonnyMouse1337 Mon 18-Nov-19 12:58:02

I'm meant to be working too but have my phone beside me... Oh my god.... shockshock

GCAcademic Mon 18-Nov-19 12:58:04

CQ’s witness statement states “The ‘gender critical’ movement has a street violence wing”

Oh wow, is CQ going to perjure themself? I'm sure there's consequences to lying in court, no?

definitelygc Mon 18-Nov-19 12:58:21

Making me smile just imagining the judge's face at this point. We are truly post-satire.

P.S. In case you ever see this - thank you thank you for the live tweeting! When I get back on my computer I will make sure the threads are saved on my PC in case they get removed.

Michelleoftheresistance Mon 18-Nov-19 12:58:30

Is anyone tweeting this into the afternoon?

LangCleg Mon 18-Nov-19 12:58:35

I think the Sticker Woman division must be the street violence vanguard in the GC movement.

OldCrone Mon 18-Nov-19 12:58:45

RW - [repeats that they’re don’t distinguish sex & gender] All 3 staff who complained were women

But according to company policy, a woman is anyone who says they are a woman. So he could be a woman if he said he was. How do we know whether these are male women or female women?

This thread is not accepting new messages.