Talk

Advanced search

Policewatch Thread

(11 Posts)
ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 24-Nov-10 00:31:45

Just reading another story about a police officer abusing his power to hurt vulnerable women. PC Stephen Mitchell was cleared of rape but found guilty of misconduct.

There seem to be a lot of these kind of cases recently and I thought it might be useful to collect them together in one place.

Sakura Wed 24-Nov-10 00:37:48

good idea to start a collection. LIke a diary of abuses

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 24-Nov-10 00:47:09

I couldn't believe it when the first "not guilty" verdicts came through... angry

Though there's still a tiny hope yet.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 24-Nov-10 08:42:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 24-Nov-10 12:52:59

Wait up - he's been found guilty on some rape charges today - is it normal to stagger the verdicts over two days like this?

Link here - two counts of rape and three of indecent assault.

But at least the bastard was found guilty. Hope the sentence reflects the terrible things he has done.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 24-Nov-10 12:59:12

I think the results were staggered over three days, not two; but I'm glad they've done him for something at least.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 24-Nov-10 13:16:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wubblybubbly Wed 24-Nov-10 18:39:35

Just watching this on the local news now.

It seems that the police suspected what was going on and sacked him back in 1997. He was then reinstated on a technicality - ffs angry

"During his trial, it emerged that the force had disciplined him when it was discovered he had sex with a woman he had met as part of his duties, but Mitchell was not dismissed for the offence.

A year earlier, he was also disciplined for looking up his wife's new friends on the force computer after the couple had separated. He was fined three days' wages.

Mitchell was also accused of a serious sexual offence while he was still in the Army."

And this is the type of person supposedly there to keep people safe???

wubblybubbly Wed 24-Nov-10 18:41:16

""During his trial, it emerged that the force had disciplined him when it was discovered he had sex with a woman he had met as part of his duties, but Mitchell was not dismissed for the offence."

That doesn't quite cover it actually. On the local news, they said quite clearly he 'followed' a drunken woman home and 'had sex with her'.

Not quite the same thing hmm

Sakura Thu 25-Nov-10 02:21:40

not the same thing at all

scallopsrgreat Thu 25-Nov-10 13:46:29

Mark Andrews has had his conviction for assaulting Pamela Somerville in custody, quashed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now