Talk

Advanced search

Royal Society Science Book Prize - anyone up for reading the shortlist?

(8 Posts)
slightlyglittermaned Thu 21-Sep-17 23:44:04

The prize winner was announced last week, and having had a look at the shortlist, I think I like the look of pretty much all the books on it.

Anyone else up for a thread of reading through the shortlist (or part of it!) I have two, may ask for the rest for Christmas/birthday.

https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes-awards/book-prizes/science-book-prize/2017/

slightlyglittermaned Fri 22-Sep-17 00:15:28

Links never seem to work for me in the first post: royalsociety.org/grants-schemes-awards/book-prizes/science-book-prize/2017/

NotAPenguin Fri 22-Sep-17 21:42:00

Was just looking through the shortlist, without knowing the winner, and thought that Testosterone Rex is the one that I really want to read. Definitely going to read that and also interested in In Pursuit of Memory and I Contain multitudes. Not sure that I can manage the whole list though, I'm more of a fiction fan but do try to vary my book diet.

slightlyglittermaned Sat 23-Sep-17 09:21:36

Yeah, Testosterone Rex is top of my list too - must have been for the judges too as it won!

Sadik Mon 25-Sep-17 18:07:30

I'm hoping to get Testosterone Rex for my birthday nxt month, also definitely want to read Beyond Infinity, other than that I might see which ones I can find from the library.

hackmum Mon 25-Sep-17 20:54:09

Haven't read Testosterone Rex yet, but her other two books are excellent.

slightlyglittermaned Sun 08-Oct-17 19:55:31

Given that it's apparently World Octopus Day today, I feel I should put a good word in for Other Minds even though I haven't got very far through it yet. I rather like the idea of studying octopus intelligence as the closest we're likely to get to an alien intelligence...

scaevola Wed 18-Oct-17 17:05:49

Only just stumbled into this.

It's a brilliant list!

(and there's such a thing as World Octopus Day?!? We're there any special events?)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: