Talk

Advanced search

New Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels) book out on Tues. Can't wait.

(8 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Sun 02-Aug-15 20:58:03

It must be my favourite series of books and the new one is out on Tues (kindle version) and Thurs for the hardback.

straighttalker Sun 02-Aug-15 22:22:35

Thanks for the heads up.

Have just preordered!

Love this series of books too.

Intrigued by the recent developments with Roland.

Roonerspism Sun 02-Aug-15 22:23:52

Very lazy - what other authors do you like so I can figure if I would like? (Sorry)

CharleyDavidson Mon 03-Aug-15 09:56:21

My most recent find, and as funny and interesting as Kate are the Charley Davidson books (hence username smile ).
First book is First Grave on the Left - or possibly right I forget. By Darynda Jones. They have a bit more sex in though, so it depends if you like that sort of thing.

Other loves....
Just one dammed thing after another - Jodie Taylor.
Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris. (Not vampires )
Grave Witch - Kalayna Price.

straighttalker Mon 03-Aug-15 16:18:28

The Charley Davidson books are ok - I'd dispute they're as good as Ilona Andrews though!

I'll add a few more:
- The Others Series by Anne Bishop - starts with Written in Red
- The Hollows series by Kim Harrison - starts with Dead Witch Walking
- The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger - starts with Soulless

My absolute favourite in this genre at the moment is the Mercy Thompson series of books - Moon Called is the first one. Were coyotes and werewolves. The were thing has been done to death a bit but these are funny and just really good entertainment.

CharleyDavidson Mon 03-Aug-15 20:43:06

I think they are as funny and sassy, and I like the grim reaper aspect as I find it interesting but I do agree that Kate has the edge. I think it's because of the world it's set in - I love the idea that the magic can come and go - and the different take on things like the vampires. I love all the mythology that comes through - they must take ages to research. I can't wait until tomorrow to see where the next book takes the story! I was all set for a big bust up between her and her father in the last book and it didn't happen.

I love the Kim Harrison books too, but haven't tried Anne Bishop.
I've not read much of Mercy Thompson either, so thanks for the suggestions.

hornetgirl Sat 15-Aug-15 20:31:04

How exciting, I have a feeling that this Kate Daniels book is going to be a bit different to the previous ones!

hornetgirl Sat 15-Aug-15 20:32:56

just bought it for my kindle - evening sorted smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now