Talk

Advanced search

Frugaleers talk food/fitness & weight loss - 2020 part 2

(997 Posts)
Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 06:44:10

New thread to continue our chat

OP’s posts: |
lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 07:04:42

Thanks not. Sts today. Going to put more effort into tracking and steps this week.

Welcome no visa

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 07:04:58

no cuts

Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 10:26:14

May as well start posting here now
Down by 1.2 today so starting my week a pound down. Flipping thrilled, very rare for me to have a lower weight on a Monday than Friday.

Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 10:26:57

Clicked post too soon
I reckon you’re due a drop life, is that 3 days sts?

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 11:02:52

Thank you Not

Welcome nocuts. I have quite a bit of weight to lose, I'm currently 11s 11/12 lbs (keeps fluctuating!).
I want to get down to 9 stone ideally. I've been following Slimming World for the last 8 weeks and I've lost half a stone.
Before that I lost a stone and a half just by eating better and doing C25K. I know for me that it has to be a combination of eating well and moving, but exercise hasn't been good as of late, so need to concentrate on that a bit more!

Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 11:15:16

Have you been listening to the slimming world podcast we spoke about before curvy, the serious one not the jokey one? I was listening to one about goal weights/maintenance when I went for my walk this morning (first early morning walk in probably 6 weeks!) and it was really interesting. I’d love to be 137 pound, so that’s 9 stone 11. Only 26 pounds or so to go...

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 11:34:55

Yes Not, the serious one, I'm finding its really helping, even more so now that groups have been cancelled. We do do a zoom meeting every Tuesday evening, but it isn't quite the same!
I think you will get there soon not!

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 11:38:03

Ah sorry was I too premature...
Hopefully, pretty much sts for the last few days. Even without proper tracking I've not gone over maintain calories

Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 11:41:59

I’ll get there quicker for sure by cutting out the vino, the rest of you aren’t awful lushes like me so this is one bit of low lying fruit I can work on. Of course I’m only on day 3 booze free but for now I’ve no inclination to drink. Granted it’s a bit early in the day but hopefully you know what I mean😉

LaneBoy Mon 20-Apr-20 11:44:42

Signing in thanks! Having gained this week after pretty consistently losing all year I definitely need the accountability and inspiration to keep going with eating better and exercising without gym/swimming

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 11:52:59

Not I don't really drink, but I think being inside all the time makes it more of a treat, I think we need to go easy on ourselves.
I've had a couple of ciders this week, one was to celebrate a year being single and the other was just because!

Lane, I can recommend the slimming world podcasts, they are done by two lovely ladies, got to thank Not for putting me on to it!

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 11:53:50

Well done life. Are you feeling 100% yet?

Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 12:18:28

I really enjoy it and I don’t even do slimming world, I love the funny one too for a more lighthearted look at it all.
Love me a podcast

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Mon 20-Apr-20 12:38:28

curvy I did slimming world and lost 3 stone getting down to my target weight. But after a few hiccups and stopping going to group ended up 1st5lbs over. I found the group I was in was more like an AA meeting than slimming world I wasn't feeling motivated anymore. But the plan does work, I just found for me I ended up quite greedy with all the free foods and ate way more than I needed even when i wasn't hungry.

Today I had beans on toast for breakfast (still got gluten free bread so need to use before it goes off) keeps me fuller than porridge too.

I weighed yesterday so will try not to weigh again till next Sunday morning. I was 11st 5lbs. Target is 10st

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 13:03:47

nocuts, that's a shame that it became like that.
I was really sceptical about joining a group, but I got a free 12 week referral from work, so didn't have anything to lose, but the support I have received has been amazing.

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 13:17:57

Yes I'm totally fine now. No more excuses to be had grin

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 13:34:38

Life, it wasn't an excuse, you were ill. I think I would celebrate by eating a big slice of cake, especially after you lost your sense of taste wink

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 14:34:37

Oh I know that and I had to be kind to myself. I made chocolate brownie yesterday. Yum

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 14:35:13

Although taste and smell still not fully back.

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 20-Apr-20 14:36:30

Ooh chocolate brownie!

Not2bObvious Mon 20-Apr-20 15:31:55

I made rocky road yesterday...slobber

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 16:46:23

Over now. Chocolate brownie big bit eaten mmmmm

Happierwithouthim Mon 20-Apr-20 19:10:36

Hi all gigantic overage yesterday dds birthday celebration

Scales said 167.1, I'm struggling to move too so that's not helping either, only 1 litre of water today if I've two more I'll be up going to the loo grinblush

There were chocolate brownies in my house too Betty Crocker grin

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 20-Apr-20 19:17:09

Too many lovely calorific baked goods eaten today. Yum. But not an on track day

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in