Talk

Advanced search

Can we please have a 'What I ate today' thread, vegan style?

(574 Posts)
LeftieLovegood Wed 02-Oct-19 22:23:05

I'll start!

B: bran sticks and oat milk, glass of OJ.
L: Hummus and tomato toastie.
D: Stir fry: pepper, courgette, onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and Quorn chicken-style pieces, noodles and lots of soy sauce. First time I've tried the chicken-style pieces; they were on offer. Nice and low cal/high protein, but nothing special in terms of taste.
Snacks: apple, banana, bombay mix.

Electrocute1980 Fri 04-Oct-19 13:51:47

Love these threads!

I do 16:8 intermittent fasting and usually just have a coffee with sugar and oatmilk to break my fast. Yesterday looked like this

10:30 - coffee with oatmilk
1pm - toast with avocado and chopped tomatoes and a banana
5:30pm - gardein beefless strips, rice, green beans and peas

Snacks - handful of nuts, a few raisins and a homemade peanut butter cookie

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Fri 04-Oct-19 14:50:29

I don’t really do breakfast unless I have an early workout either. Had a weird day yesterday
L: hummus, carrots, cucumber
S: more hummus!
D: just threw together a chickpea salad as I wasn’t hungry then had a beer and a glass of wine and wolfed down two slices of marmite on toast and some sugar snap peas.

ongranaryplease Fri 04-Oct-19 14:58:07

Yesterday no breakfast for me...

Lunch: Very quick pasta with vegan pesto and salad.

Dinner: Coconut and chickpea curry, recipe from the Co Op Food Mag smile

weekellye Fri 04-Oct-19 15:47:59

I desperately need to do a big shop. My whole day is convenience foods today!
B: crumpets with Violife creamy spread.
L: Asda frozen micro meal of lentil and carrot cottage pie
D: Vivera shawarma kebab in wholemeal pitta with a leftover tub of Papa John's Special Garlic sauce (holy moly that stuff is like crack and makes everything better lol)

PhantomErik Fri 04-Oct-19 16:04:08

I bought a loaf of lovely bread so I've had bread & jam (my mums homemade jam!).

Then for lunch I had beans on toast grin

I don't normally eat much bread but it's so nice I couldn't leave it alone!

Will be having mushroom curry tonight - yum!

Fab thread!

lemonjam Fri 04-Oct-19 18:03:02

Today I had

Granola with soya milk

Bagel with houmous and violife cheese and a big salad with avocado

Having asda’s vegan flatbread pizza for tea, and possibly some Ben and Jerry’s after 😋

goteam Fri 04-Oct-19 18:38:52

B: porridge made with oat milk with linseed, blueberries, banana, almond butter and a bit of maple syrup, OJ

Coffee

L: Lebanese soya chicken style chunks with tahini, cucumber, tomator red pepper, grilled aubergine, coconut yoghurt and pitta bread, caramel blackberry cheesecake (at a veggie cafe)

D: (just cooking) frys vegan sausage roll with barbecue sauce, homemade red pepper and lentil soup, bread and naturli spread, cherry tomatoes

Later: wine!

Onatreebyariver Fri 04-Oct-19 18:40:56

B: huel
L: huel
D: Moroccan stew

Snacks : an apple, a banana and a carrot.

I’m on a diet 😂

witchy89 Fri 04-Oct-19 18:45:29

@imundecided oh that's good, although I don't have a Morrison's local to me! The only supermarket that we don't have! I'll have to stock up if we ever drive by one!

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Fri 04-Oct-19 23:01:52

Weird snacking this am on raspberries, rich tea biscuits, sugar snap peas of the fresh and crisp-kind, 2 peanut butter ball things
L: ryvita with mixed nut butter and bananas and 2 more rich tea biscuit!
D: beer, Chana masala and a made up broccoli and kale curry

LeftieLovegood Sat 05-Oct-19 08:50:05

Yesterday:
B: apple, fig
L: massive bean salad with rocket, tomato, spinach, cucumber and coleslaw.
D: Aldi chicken-style burger in homemade burger bun, lots of mayo, homemade coleslaw, chips and wine!
S: Alpro caramel pot. And more wine!

LeftieLovegood Sat 05-Oct-19 08:51:34

@BrioLover your coffee shop sounds great!! I wish I could have a big slice of vegan raspberry and chocolate cake!

Electrocute1980 Sat 05-Oct-19 14:02:04

Just in case you haven't tried them yet - DH and I tried the new Richmond meat free sausages for lunch - omg they are sooooooo good!!!

JapaneseBirdPainting Sat 05-Oct-19 21:28:42

following if I may. DH is vegan. I am not but have decided I need to be.

LeftieLovegood Sun 06-Oct-19 07:36:11

@Electrocute1980 thanks for the recommendation! Will keep an eye out!

@JapaneseBirdPainting Hello! smile

Yesterday was not a healthy day for me.
B: porridge with cherries, banana and fig.
L: Gregg's sausage roll and a Belgian bun.
D: Mushroom pie, chips and mushy peas.
S: Some amazing samosa things I split with DH - one was filled with sweet potato and chilli, one was filled with potato and 'cheese' and one was filled with hummus and olives. Well worth a try if you're passing through York railway station! Also, an apple and lots and lots of wine.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 06-Oct-19 11:31:49

Yesterday was....

Breakfast: weetabix with hot Alpro coconut almond milk
Snack: Starbucks latte with almond milk
Lunch: baguette with Tuno, vegan mayonnaise and sweetcorn
Afternoon: an apple and an Oreo!
Dinner: chickpea tagine and couscous

And a naughty scoop of Ben and Jerry’s dairy free before bed!

Kanga83 Sun 06-Oct-19 11:39:53

Yesterday
Porridge with almond milk
Soya flat white and vegan chocolate caramel cookie in costa
Banana and huge black grapes
Hummous and carrot sticks
Two strawberry refreshers (vegan!!!!)
Dinner- Morrisons vegan lentil hotpot.

Not a particularly healthy day.

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Sun 06-Oct-19 15:14:59

@Kanga83 I was so excited as well to find out refreshers ate vegan!

Yesterday:
Snacked throughout the morning on a tub of chipotle bitchin sauce with cucumbers, almond thins, lettuce and carrots
Went out for a very fancy dinner and shared with DH baked almond ricotta, moussaka with impossible meat (not as good as beyond meat in my opinion), fettuccine with garlic and truffles and he had a chocolate peanut butter mousse thing while I have pear and apple crumble with vanilla ice cream. And a glass of Pinot

Kanga83 Sun 06-Oct-19 18:52:45

Today was not much better than yesterday because I discovered Wham bars are vegan now.

Breakfast- two bananas and toast and marmite. A huge mug of almond milk coffee.

Lunch- took the kids to costa again which meant I had to have another vegan chocolate cookie and soya flat white. More toast because no vegan lunch options.

Kids wanted to pop into the sweet shop for Halloween. Here I found wham bars are vegan. This is not good as I pass it every day after the school run. At 10p a bar, I ended up with 30 wham bars. Just for me. Some have not been eaten.

Dinner- I have another Morrisons lentil bake in the fridge and will have some salad and garlic mushrooms in an attempt to redeem a day of sugar.

Snack- probably another wham bar. And wine. It's been a day where wine is needed.

HoneysuckIejasmine Sun 06-Oct-19 18:57:29

Not vegan, but eat that way a lot.

B: tomatoes on toast
L: salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, new potatoes, sweet chilli dressing) with pickles on the side
D: lemon and thyme risotto with peas.

ChangedMyNameYetAgain Sun 06-Oct-19 18:59:11

I'm not a vegan but I had a Waitrose Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff today and it was tasty and filling.

BrioLover Sun 06-Oct-19 19:57:11

I've had an IBS attack so have existed on lemon water, bananas and rice these last couple of days. Hoping I can eat properly again tomorrow!

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Mon 07-Oct-19 14:50:47

Yesterday:
Brunch: tofu scramble (was so good I’m going to make it for dinner tonight)
Dinner: jackfruit chilli, a beer
Snack: an orange and some dried peas (tastier than that sounds!)

Jolonglegs Mon 07-Oct-19 14:54:14

We're vegetarian, but would like to eat less dairy. Lots of people on here seem to be using oat milk: is that the best alternative to cow milk?

catalystc Mon 07-Oct-19 15:05:49

Porridge soya milk raisins

Noodles stir fry

Vegan pizza

Crisps and fruit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »