Talk

Advanced search

Products for shiny swingy hair?

(6 Posts)
frazzledgirl Tue 15-Jul-08 22:20:16

I have HORRIBLE hair. Very very thick (enough for about two normal people; hairdresser books a double appt for me), hair itself dry and coarse. Scalp dry too.

And I'm crap at blow-drying.

Only time I ever have lovely swingy hair that moves is when I come out of the salon. Rest of time it's crouching sullenly on top of my head. I want it to move!

Is coloured with Boots Botanics, I use MOP shampoo and conditioner, Frederick Fekkai glossing cream and I straighten apprix twice a week with protector spray.

Anyone got any suggestions?

dexter73 Wed 16-Jul-08 08:09:54

You need to read this thread!

frazzledgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 10:06:18

Looks great, will start saving.

Am also getting my sister's old ghds, which might help.

But are there any products that might help in the meantime?

zazen Wed 16-Jul-08 10:12:11

Maybe don't use shampoo? Just use conditioner and rub into the scalp and leave a lot on the ends and then rinse rinse rinse.
Works for my sister's barnet - hers comes out all glossy - and corkscrew curly.

Have you tried coconut oil overnight once a week for the scalp also: pure coconut oil you can get in a healthfood shop. Smells lovely also.
And there's a lovely pre wash conditioning balm: Burts Bees avocado butter - which is great to soothe the frazzle! Leave that in for 20 mins or so once a week.

frazzledgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 10:16:49

Actually I have got some coconut oil (bought for me, then used for DS baby massage so languishing in his room). Will try again.

BB also sounds lovely.

zazen Thu 17-Jul-08 00:08:35

Yes, they both smell divine. smile [angel wings emoticon]
I like the Bb's stuff as it can be left in for hours and doesn't drip or look weird. The coconut oil needs a little bit of shampoo to wash it out, the Bbs stuff just rinses away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now