Page 32 | Beauty Advent Calendars 2021 - contains spoilers *titled by MNHQ at OP's request*

(998 Posts)
Coniferhedge Thu 12-Aug-21 15:30:49

Can’t see a thread so I thought I’d start one. Yes, it’s unbelievably early, but I noticed Glossybox have already revealed their Advent Calendar contents for this year. Saw this reveal on YouTube this morning:

youtu.be/4LppRQisvYk

Have to say it doesn’t wow me, but there’s plenty of time and many more Advent Calendars to come, I’m sure! grin

OP’s posts: |
Coniferhedge Mon 06-Sep-21 18:23:16

Rituals does look lovely. The type of calendar you could bring out every year just as a decoration!

OP’s posts: |
Betsy88 Mon 06-Sep-21 18:56:52

Well, I was wrong up thread when I said the Net A Porter wouldn’t have a full size Barbara Sturm in it - it does, worth £235 (more than the entire calendar costs!). I can’t get excited about BS products, which seem wildly overpriced to me, but if you’re a fan of them that’s a great deal. Whole calendar is worth £1300 apparently! Looks lovely but not quite convinced it’s the one for me (that red eyeliner isn’t helping).

reallyree.com/net-a-porter-beauty-advent-calendar/

Kenneldogsrock Mon 06-Sep-21 19:18:52

I’ve just ordered the Rituals calendar- loved last years and looking forward to this one arriving.

LookdeepintotheParka Mon 06-Sep-21 19:34:38

I've just bought the smaller Rituals one - also got a mysterious 10% discount at the checkout which sold it for me grin I think it might be for My Rituals members although it didn't specifically say? I have the Rituals app which I ordered it through.

Normally I get H&B but feel I'm a bit too familiar with the format to get excited about it again this year. There's always something really good in it each year though - last year it was that amazing Evolve serum!

PomRuns Mon 06-Sep-21 19:56:03

I also really liked the Dear Polly perfume. I think I’d have to do some tipsy buying like @LizzieMacQueen to purchase.

I’m trying to justify how many calendars it’s reasonable to purchase, really want rituals plus probably m and s.

Horehound Mon 06-Sep-21 20:35:42

The ritual calendars are gorgeous but I prefer make up in mine so I'm not going to buy it but I'm sad to miss that gorgeous packaging.

Advertisement

Horehound Mon 06-Sep-21 20:49:52

Has anyone tried the Elemis calendars before? I went for reflexology recently and they used Elemis products and I ended up buying a few of them. elemis have a good reputation don't they?

And does anyone know how much they are usually?

ashmts Mon 06-Sep-21 20:50:13

I really liked Rituals last year but I have to say I was a bit disappointed in their candles, they didn't give off much of a scent.

gratedbeetroot Mon 06-Sep-21 21:36:46

Horehound

Has anyone tried the Elemis calendars before? I went for reflexology recently and they used Elemis products and I ended up buying a few of them. elemis have a good reputation don't they?

And does anyone know how much they are usually?

Yes, I had the calendar last year. Great if you love Elemis products. I just fancied trying more of the range and it worked out a great way to do this as there were a variety of products. I think it was around £160-70 last year.

MidnightMeltdown Mon 06-Sep-21 21:39:52

@Betsy88

NAP does look like really great value. They've actually reduced the price compared to last year to bring it more in line with Liberty etc too

However, there are a few products that I got last year which I either haven't used, or haven't finished using, including the body cocoon, sleep spray, cleansing mask, and rich cream. Also don't want the stone or eyeliner, so I may have to give it a miss.

WellTidy Mon 06-Sep-21 22:57:27

I had Elemis in 2019. It was fantastic - lots of good size products and a full size PCMC on the 25th. Unfortunately, I reacted (for the first time ever and I’m 46yo) to a good few of the products and the spots took ages to heal. I also think it triggered a series of reactions to other new products that year. And so it wasn’t such a good buy for me in the end!!

Horehound Mon 06-Sep-21 23:41:57

Oh ok thanks! il love the smell of the Elemis stuff so maybe that be the one for me then

Sorry you had such a reaction to the products @WellTidy, that's a shame sad

Horehound Tue 07-Sep-21 00:02:17

The NAP one is so un-christmassy though! For me, part of the excitement and joy is to have the beautiful Christmas advent calendar. Their black and white box that looks clinical 🤔

Betsy88 Tue 07-Sep-21 00:30:42

Horehound

The NAP one is so un-christmassy though! For me, part of the excitement and joy is to have the beautiful Christmas advent calendar. Their black and white box that looks clinical 🤔

True. Lots of them are quite disappointing in that regard.

Tanaqui Tue 07-Sep-21 08:26:13

The rituals calendar last year was good value and a nice box, but it turned out I only liked a couple of the scents, so giving it a miss this year. But great as a taster of all the products and scents!

MorrisZapp Tue 07-Sep-21 09:15:35

Lumene has dropped! Cost is £78 and of course it's all gorgeous. I tried valiantly to share the link but my phone hates me, so here's a screenshot, sorry!

kikipie Tue 07-Sep-21 09:36:40

I’ve ordered lumene, Feelunique, with gwp, and look fantastic. I had lumene last year and really liked it, and have repurchased a few items. I always get look fantastic, and the gwp swayed me on Feelunique.

I am annoyed though that Fortnums and Holland and Barrett aren’t sending to the EU this year, and have protested loudly to them. I won’t be buying anything from them even for U.K. delivery this year.

I may also try for cult beauty or space nk as I haven’t had them before. I’ve had Liberty several times in the past but it does get a bit samey.

Horehound Tue 07-Sep-21 09:45:52

Does anyone know anything about Treatbox?
www.treatboxuk.com/products/treatbox-advent-calendar-2021-pay-full-total-today
I love the hand wrapped little gifts but have no idea what will be Inside 🤔

BunnytheFriendlyDragon Tue 07-Sep-21 09:53:34

It says items you would usually find in treat boxes and you can see on the site the kind of things they include

Horehound Tue 07-Sep-21 10:04:21

Yes just having a look now. Think it's quite cute plus 10% off first purchase..

ashmts Tue 07-Sep-21 10:32:50

@Horehound "we have designed TreatBox to contain a mix of surprises anything from inspirational quotes, stationery, home accessories, jewellery, edible treats, beauty products, exclusive products designed by TreatBox and many more"

Sounds like twee #girlboss tat to me tbh, but it gets lots of good reviews on Trustpilot and I have been known to be a bit of a miserable cow so... Maybe it's worth a gamble for £70. Not for me though, I'd rather just spend £70 on self-care stuff I wanted. 24 gifts worth 'up to £150' (I'd expect them to say at least £150 so I find that suspicious) so that's what, about £6 a parcel? I wouldn't be expecting quality for that price.

Horehound Tue 07-Sep-21 10:44:00

Yes I wondered about the "up to" wording.
It does look like some tat. I imagine a couple of nice bits but yes, the price may be pushing it really..

Horehound Tue 07-Sep-21 10:45:02

I think I'm going to go with Elemis and m and s when they release theirs finally. Although on the website that collates all the calendars I searched back for m and s and they released theirs on Oct 31st last time...seems sooo late

ajandjjmum Tue 07-Sep-21 11:02:36

I did see the Autograph calendar mentioned from M & S on one of the compilation websites recently. Hope they're doing a 'proper' one too.

MidnightMeltdown Tue 07-Sep-21 11:27:21

If anyone is interested, you can get a 15% discount on the revolve summer beauty bag if you order on the iPhone app with code iphone15.

Works out at about £93 (including shipping and import), and it includes the 240ml Bom Dia Bright cream and a number of other full size goodies.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in