Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Supreme Clothes WTF!?

(16 Posts)
Flomper Sun 26-Nov-17 10:48:50

My 13y old ds has recently imformed me that all he wants for Christmas is a Supreme top. Fair enough, I thought, slightly surprised he's into what I remember to be a niche skater boi shop back in the distant 90s (I still have a sunglasses case) as he refused the Vans I bought him and rejects any form of indie/alternative/skater stuff i was into on the basis of it being "from the 1800s". He has been firmly sportswear/casual up to now.

Anyway, fair enough I thought, Ill get him a t shirt. Will be easy enough to order online. Er, no, I now discover weekly "drops", massive hype, massive queues etc. And a collaboration with North Face?!? I mean further WTFs!? I'm sure DS has previously turned his nose up at North Face, along with SuperDry, on the basis of it being "for Dads". And every middle aged Dad round here is in a SuperDry hoodie and NorthFace jacket.

Anyway, without wanting to overly encourage this blatant logoism (we've all been there), I'd quite like to get him one, recent, Supreme top, without having to take out a bank loan or queue anywhere. I'd also like to see what styles/colours are currently available at any given time.

Any old hands tell me how/if this is achievable?

mysteryfairy Sun 26-Nov-17 14:20:09

My DS buys this stuff and it always involves a middle of the night buy before it sells out in 10 seconds effort.

When we visited him at university in North Carolina he had one particular t shirt with a rapper on it which he had been shocked to succeed in buying. When he wore it he had a constant stream of other young blokes congratulating him, fist bumping him etc. It was very well worn by the time he brought it home and as it was white to start with looked really tired. He listed it describing condition honestly on some second hand site and to my astonishment someone paid over £100 for itshock

Recently drove past the store in LA on another USA trip and the queue (just for a standard drop) was like Selfridges on Boxing Day!

Drops are apparently 11pm on Thursday. You can’t make the site remember your details so set up google chrome with your shipping and credit card details so they will auto fill. What is due to be dropped is listed in advance here:
https://www.supremecommunity.com/season/fall-winter2017/droplist/2017-11-24/

Apparently collabs formally announced on a Monday and the rest leaked on Wednesday

Good luck!

Abitofaproblem Sun 26-Nov-17 14:23:45

I was eating noodles opposite the shop the other day and it was rather intrigued by the number of grown men queuing outside to get in, and the number of men standing outside the shop holding merchandise waiting for I don't know what, possibly buyers?

I looked on the website out of curiosity and apparently there was a drop that day for a collaboration. There were a few items left on their own website and some on sale on eBay (perhaps risky). Maybe have to order from the US?

That's all I know I am afraid!

FrogsLegs31 Sun 26-Nov-17 15:41:20

If you get him something 100% do NOT cut the tags off!!!! The lads don’t wash them they wear them a handful of times and may then sell them for nearly full price. You’re looking at say £250 for a rugby shirt...
I find it all hilarious personally grin

Flomper Sun 26-Nov-17 19:17:35

jesus christ! the prices! the hoo-haa! Such Emperor's New Clothes!

On the plus side, my sunglasses case must be worth about 60K by now.

Gillybobs Sun 26-Nov-17 19:26:22

My 18yo has made hundreds of pounds this year as he's managed to buy a few, wear them once or twice, then sell them on...(each time making about £150+ profit!!!)

Sorry, that didn't really help did it, just agreeing it's insane

OnlyTheDepthVaries Sun 26-Nov-17 19:31:45

And they have crap customer service. DS saved up for and ordered a tshirt - size large. They sent a medium. We returned it, fortunately recorded, signed for delivery. It took a number of email, a number of frustrating phone calls and an eventual threat of court action for a refund. Deplorable. And mediocre quality hyped up clothing.

ihatethecold Sun 26-Nov-17 19:39:54

Can you link one or a photo please?
I’ve never heard of this label.

Flomper Sun 26-Nov-17 20:46:26

my mind is now further blown by the fact that Champion - chav wear extreme in my day, is now a sought after and desirable brand!

bathghter Sun 26-Nov-17 20:57:38

wtf 👀👀👀

Flomper Thu 30-Nov-17 11:05:17

shit I just bought a top!

HuskyMcClusky Thu 30-Nov-17 13:39:58

Have a look at the subreddit for Supreme - it’s a completely bizarre sub-culture.

I fell down a rabbit hole there one day while procrastinating (God knows why as am 43-yr-old woman who’ll never buy Supreme in her life grin)

Flomper Thu 30-Nov-17 14:50:19

Im a 44y old woman and apparently just have! At lrast if it doesnt fit or he doesnt like it I can sell it on on there. Who knew eh?

Flomper Thu 30-Nov-17 14:57:03

It's weirdly fascinating. the top I just bought a few hours ago is now being sold on there for £100 more! Tempted, wish I'd bought more. I must be faster than the yoofs as I had 3 tigs in my basket and let 2 go.

ellequick Thu 30-Nov-17 15:04:07

I'm just here to register my dread at having to do this when my children become teenagers confused

ihatethecold Thu 30-Nov-17 15:41:01

My kids are teens and have never mentioned this brand Elle
So don’t fear just yet. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: