Talk

Advanced search

Liquid eyeliner...

(14 Posts)
DoYonisHangLow Thu 13-Mar-14 19:34:24

Is it worth splashing out?

I've always aussumed not and would rather spend my money on good foundation but I've been using a plain rimmel one for ages and I'm wondering whether that's the cause of me being crap applying it or whether I'm just crap at applying it?!

Any recommendations or should I just stick with a cheapie but practice more? And what colour is best, I've always used black but I'm blonde so would a dark brown be better for day use and save the black for evening? hmm

Grandemama Thu 13-Mar-14 21:39:55

This is the best one I have ever tried: www.muastore.co.uk/extreme-felt-eyeliner
Cheap and cheerful too!

LittleTulip Thu 13-Mar-14 21:56:35

I use bobbi brown gel eyeliner with a brush. It is excellent

LittleTulip Thu 13-Mar-14 21:57:07

Oh and I use a deep plum for casual and black for nights out

I like the Maybelline gel ones, brown for day, black for night, use with a flat angled brush, not the one that comes with it.

Nadia12 Fri 14-Mar-14 09:00:25

It is absolutely worth it to me. I really like the way that you can easily make your face 'pop' just by using this liquid eyeliner. If you can get your hands on it I love the 'Smashbox' variety because it is super easy to control and I ...I am a bit clumsy. Because the tip is wide, you can apply thick or thin line easily.

SoyYo Fri 14-Mar-14 11:31:53

I second bobby brown, it's great and really easy to use, I have it in caviar ink (black), denim ink (navy) and violet ink (purple).
I recently discovered Guerlain liquid eyeliner (black) it is fabulous and around the same cost as the bobby brown gel and as it comes with its own perfectly formed little brush it works out a bit cheaper (around �18).

TulipOHare Fri 14-Mar-14 11:41:49

Those with the Bobbi Brown eyeliner, do you use the BB eyeliner brush too?

Just wondering if there is a cheaper version that is just as good. Am happy to pay £18 for the eyeliner but draw the line at £22 for the brush confused.

Really want to try it, I love eyeliner and have wanted to try the Bobbi Brown for ages.

PoshPaula Fri 14-Mar-14 11:42:13

I also can vouch for Bobbi Brown gel liner and brush. I have the Ivy (a dark green), it's easy to apply and it stays on well.

Estee Lauder used to make a beautiful khaki green liquid eyeliner with it's own brush but I don't know if it is still available.

SoyYo Fri 14-Mar-14 12:14:20

Hi Tulip, I have only used the BBrown brush with the gel eyeliner, have to say although expensive initial outlay I have had mine for 18 months now and still going strong, I just wipe it with a cotton wool with makeup remover after each use and it's as good as new.
The Guerlain liquid eyeliner however comes with its own brush and it is very very good too and so a "relatively speaking" cheaper alternative to BB.

mewkins Fri 14-Mar-14 17:50:53

Rimmel exaggerate black liquid eyeliner is perfect and about a fiver. It's always appearing in beauty best buys lists. It doesn't smudge.

LittleTulip Fri 14-Mar-14 17:54:39

Tulip I have used both a mac brush and real techniques fine eyeliner brush to apply the bobbi brown eyeliner. In fact I have never used the bb brush for it!

Amandine29 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:59:53

The pen style L'Oreal liquid eyeliners are much easier to apply than Rimmel. Also I think it's Max Factor who do a pencil that looks just like liquid eyeliner when it's on.

ThePortlyPinUp Fri 14-Mar-14 19:04:18

The best one I have ever used (and I wear black winged eyeliner daily so have tried most) is primarks £1 liquid liner closely followed by their £1.50 felt liner. It's jet black, 100% waterproof and doesn't smudge, flake or fade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now