Talk

Advanced search

I can't be arsed to search thread so can someone tell me if Bare Escentuals will make me look airbrushed

(72 Posts)
cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:33:13

And cover my craterous pores and uneven skin tone and greasy bits

thank you

I like it. It's deffo worth a try - even dp (who doesn't really notice such things) told me how nice my skin looked the other day. Debenhams do a tiny tester set for about 15 pounds, which is worth a try to see if you like it before investing in the bigger one, which is nearer 50.

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:40:33

Cool. Does Debs one come with brush?

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:40:53

What skin type do you have Remus?

nogoodusernamesleft Sat 24-Sep-11 18:42:39

I've used it for the last three years or so, and haven't found anything better yet. It really is good at evening out skin tone, and gives my skin a nice glow.

Get the starter kit in Debenhams, I tend to go a shade or so darker then I would with other foundations (think I am using medium beige at the moment).

Think the key is lots of buffing! If I just slap it on I don't get nearly the same effect as if I spend a bit more time applying it!

nogoodusernamesleft Sat 24-Sep-11 18:43:19

Think it does come with brush...

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 24-Sep-11 18:43:28

Hi cyb !

yes

you must make sure that your moisturiser has fully absorbed into your skin first

swirl tap buf, then buf buf buf, don't forget mineral veil to finish

you will be astonished

can't rate it high enough

makeover at debs/selfridges to see the technique then buy from QVC

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:45:49

Hey! Boysie! Mineral veil you say? Mebbe I'll buy from Q V C and then can send back if I hate it

Tiny set comes with a couple of tiny brushes and big set comes with full sized ones.

My skin is combination - it's getting dryer as I get older but still a bit greasy around the nose.

The veil is great. And after being v scared of the Warmth (which comes in the bigger kit) I am now a massive convert to it.

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:46:23

Warmth? Wassat?

It looks like a pot of mashed bricks but adds a nice glow to the skin, after you've put on the foundation. Get the lady In Debenhams to try it out on you. I am deathly pale and thought it would be vile but it's really nice.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 24-Sep-11 18:48:30

warmth is a scary-looking bronzer type thingie

I don't like it (but am v v pale)

30 day money back guarantee from QVC

I use light and fairly light foundation mixed together

TrillianAstra Sat 24-Sep-11 18:49:45

No, if people are seeing you in real life rather than under special lighting with post-production computer editing you will not look airbrushed no matter what brand of makeup you are wearing.

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:50:54

Hmm cant be arsed with mixing. 'InthesalonwithAlison' says you can go a shade darker/lighter without fear of reprisals ,so I was thinking I'm a light. Reasonably pale,freckly, dark hair

Does it foof everywhere with all that tap tap tap?

And is it ever talcy?

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:51:17

Trillian don't poop on my parade

chocolatespiders Sat 24-Sep-11 18:52:56

do you tap it back into the pot. My mum bought me some and teenager steals it but I never really know what to do with it

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 24-Sep-11 18:57:13

tap back into the pot

It stays on all day and all night, doesn't come off on collar/clothes/pillowcase ( blush ), lasts for yonks

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 24-Sep-11 18:57:57

nah doesn't foof everywhere but if you are wearing a dark top I would towel up to catch stray puffs

cyb Sat 24-Sep-11 18:59:47

Ok you've convinced me <waits for pay day>

The brushes shed though - so if you are wearing a dark top you will have to check for stray hairs.

DecapitatedLegoman Sat 24-Sep-11 19:00:31

I might ask for some for Christmas, like the sound of it. Does it involve much skill or is it failsafe with blending? And don't you mean "don't shit on my picnic"? grin

izzybizzybuzzybees Sat 24-Sep-11 19:01:07

I love it. Feel unique does the starter kit for £12.75 with free delivery smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 24-Sep-11 19:05:17

have put a pic on my profile, briefly

whojimmyflip Sat 24-Sep-11 19:05:58

I prefer lily lolo as it's less expensive and more shades and you can get testers for 1.25. Also I think you can get kits like the bare essentuals

There is no talc in it just pigments which work with your skins natural oils to 'set' to a nice base

If your skin is oily and tricky this is for you. You can put on a layer as a light base and you don't need separate Concealers and setting powders. or use it thicker if you prefer warpaint

It sounds messy/ a pain / faff but once you've got the hang of it its dead easy

PorkChopSter Sat 24-Sep-11 19:07:27

Tell me more about this veil - I don't get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now