Talk

Advanced search

Boo! I tried the nivea tinted moisterisor and it looks hideous on me!

(16 Posts)
Rubiesandrainbows Fri 22-Jul-11 21:32:53

I'm rather cross at my own face.

Usually use bobbi brown tinted moisterisor in extra light tint

Heard lots of good stuff re the £2 nivea one and - being a single parent - thought I'd give it a go.

Unfortunatly my face decided it was going to look crap! Very matt and dry, and a strange unnatural colour sad blush confused

So, I wondered back to the bobbi brown counter and asked her to remove half my makeup and re-do with the bobbi brown tinted balm - the result was a bobbi brown cleansweep - so I'm £33 the poorer (interestingly, the extra light tint was too light this time, so I'm just using light tint - maybe my usual bobbi brown one has been looking crap for some time too!)

As you were everyone, looking gorgeous and flawless in nivea.....just thought I'd share.....

smile

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 21:35:41

Do you have dry skin? I'm tempted after reading everything about the Nivea on here too, but I have crap skin so bit nervous about it being light coverage.

It's possible the summer has darkened your skin a little to explain the slightly darker BB shade this time smile

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 21:35:42

Do you have dry skin? I'm tempted after reading everything about the Nivea on here too, but I have crap skin so bit nervous about it being light coverage.

It's possible the summer has darkened your skin a little to explain the slightly darker BB shade this time smile

Rubiesandrainbows Fri 22-Jul-11 21:44:38

Amara thats the thing - no I do think it is a little dry but I do like the dewy look, so maybe Im just so used to that, that anything with a matt(er) look just doesnt feel right!

Yes - good point about it being summer - I will save my remainng Extra Light Tint for those cold (paler!) winter months.

I would say at £2 give it a go, and you have hardly lost anything if its crap for you. smile

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 21:52:44

I prefer a dewy or natural finish too because I do have dry skin, matte just makes me look older, yuck! You're right though, for £2 it's worth a try!

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 21:52:44

I prefer a dewy or natural finish too because I do have dry skin, matte just makes me look older, yuck! You're right though, for £2 it's worth a try!

Rubiesandrainbows Fri 22-Jul-11 22:06:44

Yeah totally agree re matt making one look older. I caught myself in the mirrow while out yesterday in the nivea one and got a bit of a fright!! grin

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 22:10:17

Lol, I get a bit of a fright most days ;)

Rubiesandrainbows Fri 22-Jul-11 22:21:56

I think my dewyness had persuaded me into a false sense of dewy security! grin

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 23:06:07

Nothing wrong with that! In my mind I'm still the slim 19 year old I was before I got pregnant, so it always comes as a shock to see my overweight, tired self in the mirror, lol.

AmaraDresden Fri 22-Jul-11 23:06:08

Nothing wrong with that! In my mind I'm still the slim 19 year old I was before I got pregnant, so it always comes as a shock to see my overweight, tired self in the mirror, lol.

prolificwillybreeder Sat 23-Jul-11 13:58:39

This happened to me too when I tried it a couple of years ago,
Just looked awful on my face.
I like a dewy look too.

lovecorrie Sat 23-Jul-11 14:16:32

I've been using it since 1998 grin. It has always been fine for me - I love it - but £2?? I pay around a fiver for it!

LuckyMrsT Sat 23-Jul-11 21:32:08

It's on a 2 for £4 offer at Boots at the moment. Fill your boots lovecorrie.

moragbellingham Sun 24-Jul-11 10:40:53

I got some for £1.50 in Sainsburys last week and it looks terrible on me.
Very matte.

snailsontour Sun 24-Jul-11 10:50:19

I was disappointed not to buy this last week - the shelves were bare in the Sainsbury's I went to whilst away.

But looking at some of the experiences I'm not quite as gutted as I was! I too dislike a matte look, although at £1.50 I'd have snapped one up to trysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now