Talk

Advanced search

What is this witchcraft?!?! 'The Rabbit that wants to go to sleep'

(49 Posts)
crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:13:07

DD 2.5yo has always been a horrendous sleeper. Got into a bad habit of allowing her to go to bed with us in our bed and settled with this for over a year.
She went to stay at my mums over the weekend and came home with an audiobook. DM kept saying how great it was and that dd fell asleep on her own no problem and had done every time she had stayed at dms over the last year!!!
True to her word DD has fallen asleep on her own every night since listening to the audio book ‘the Rabbit that wants to go to sleep’.

I have no idea how or why it works but honestly I recommend everyone to buy a copy!!!

crazycatlady5 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:23:49

I’ve heard all about it, my LO is only 9 months but I’m ready to buy it for the future 😂

0hT00dles Thu 02-Nov-17 20:27:42

Must try the audiobook so as reading the book doesn’t actually work here. Will give the audio a shot so!!

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:28:02

I genuinely thought she would be sleeping in our room until she was 18!!!!! It’s almost like it hypnotises her! She will be ‘wide awake’ fighting sleep, get to her room, press play and within 5 minutes snoring like a steam train! I’ve never known anything like it. For once DMs meddling is totally worth it. Anyone and everyone I know with a child that struggles to sleep should buy this! No idea about the paperback copy but the audio book has my vote!!!

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:29:00

DM brought it on audible on her amazon account and I access it on my phone from here. Definitely give it a try!

Bucketsandspoons Thu 02-Nov-17 20:34:29

I bought the book for my brother who has a five year old who Does Not Sleep. It's a gem grin The audiobook sounds great!

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:39:09

I had never even heard of it until she came home from DMs. Can’t believe she had been using it for a year and not told me. Now thinking of all the extra sleep I lost out on I. The last 13 months

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:39:44

12 months! See that extra sleep could have helped to prevent typos!

C0untDucku1a Thu 02-Nov-17 20:48:49

How do i get an audio book?

AndhowcouldIeverrefuse Thu 02-Nov-17 20:50:11

Isn't it just plain hypnosis? The book, as a book, is awful.

BrioAmio Thu 02-Nov-17 20:52:39

I bought the book, boring as fuck and I couldn’t finish it as was worried I’d slip into a coma!

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:53:09

DM said she downloaded the audible app then just went on to Amazon and brought the audiobook. All I do is log on to audible and play it from there using DMs log in. The ‘story’ makes little to no sense if u listen to it but without fail it sends dd to sleep so I can’t complain

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 20:54:07

I’ve not tried the book. As I said I literally didn’t even know any version of it existed until DM told me about it when I picked dd up at the weekend.

C0untDucku1a Thu 02-Nov-17 21:28:20

Ive downloaded the app but cant work out how to buy the book. My five year old is currently sat next to me demanding my phone to use duolingo hmm

NoSquirrels Thu 02-Nov-17 21:32:01

It uses hypnosis techniques. So audiobook is guaranteed to be better than reading it aloud (unless you are trained in hypnosis, of course!)

crimsoncurls Thu 02-Nov-17 22:00:46

Asked DM, she said go to the Amazon app, search for the Rabbit that wants to go to sleep and scroll down until you find the one that says audio book. Buy it then it goes on to the audible app

C0untDucku1a Sat 04-Nov-17 00:11:52

Well we gound it on YouTube. We were bith asleep
Until it finished and i woke up late at 7.15 am
Today! Hurrah!

C0untDucku1a Sat 04-Nov-17 00:12:14

Before asleep before it finished! Sorry had a few deinks smile

oldlaundbooth Sat 04-Nov-17 00:15:45

OK I'm interested.

Sounds like a dumb question but how do you play it?

Just through your phone? Via the app?

Do you get a book to look at too? Or is that unnecessary?

C0untDucku1a Sat 04-Nov-17 00:22:21

Just listen to it.

crimsoncurls Sat 04-Nov-17 21:17:37

We just have it on audible, still working a week later!!

crimsoncurls Sat 04-Nov-17 21:21:29

I honestly make no exaggeration by saying that it was impossible to get dd to sleep in her own room. All week have had no issue with getting her to sleep. Even on the evenings when she really doesn’t want to.

Andcake Sat 04-Nov-17 21:24:57

Tried book with ds when he was 3 complete disaster...when I was inserting his name where the book said he spent the whole time pointing out his name wasn't written there...maybe I should have got audio book

crimsoncurls Sat 04-Nov-17 21:27:32

The version we have has a man reading the story, it doesn’t say her name which I actually think probably helps as I think dd would be the same and get excited hearing her name in the book.

Spam88 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:33:43

Do you think it’ll work on my 5.5 month old? Please say yes 😂 mummy needs sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now