Advanced search

I can't send private messages

(18 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hiddenhome2 Thu 05-Nov-15 17:37:43

I can receive, but not reply.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Nov-15 17:45:59

Hi hiddenhome2,

Thanks for flagging this. There are a couple of other threads running saying similar things, so we know this is a problem. It just seems to be a bit of a random one. confused

Please rest assured our Tech team are on the case.

In the meantime, if you can let us know which device you're using, which version of the site and which browser, that would help enormously. It would also be useful if you could also let us know what message you're seeing when you try to send a PM.

Many thanks. flowers

hiddenhome2 Thu 05-Nov-15 18:01:27

iPad, Safari and regular version of the site, not the app or anything.

hiddenhome2 Thu 05-Nov-15 18:03:34

Doesn't work on iPhone either.

A box comes up with mumsnet.com and an OK button confused

SecretSquirr3ls Fri 06-Nov-15 09:45:19

I can't send them either. Laptop, Firefox. Also tried Chrome.
I don't know how others use them but i have a couple of very good friends on here and we chat / message all the time.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Nov-15 13:52:53

Thanks for the details. We're passing them on to our Tech team who will hopefully get to the bottom of this issue soon.

In the meantime, if you're desperate to get hold of someone by PM please drop us a line at contactus@mumsnet.com and we'll do our best to help out.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Nov-15 15:13:52

A quick update - our Tech team have said they're confident they've found out what the issue is here. They're testing it on various devices to get a fix in as soon as possible.

We'll keep you posted. flowers

Maggy1116 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:06:30

Hi, I am having the same problem, with Chrome and Internet Explorer on a laptop. I get the mumsnet.com and ok button, or I just get no reaction at all when I click on send.

Goingtobeawesome Sun 08-Nov-15 09:40:53

Still not working

iPad
Safari

Goingtobeawesome Sun 08-Nov-15 17:37:06

Let me send one that wasn't my actual message then back to the annoying message angry[fed up]

Maggy1116 Sun 08-Nov-15 21:28:34

Hi, Is there any progression on this? It's incredibly frustrating, and it'd be good to get an update on what's happening to resolve it/when it is likely to be resolved?

Goingtobeawesome Mon 09-Nov-15 06:43:23

I agree.

A poster has been so kind and I can't reply to her. Let me send one with one word then nothing and nothing this morning.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Nov-15 16:22:35

Hi all - Tech are still working on this. We will update you when we know more. We apologise for the delay.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Nov-15 17:17:33

Hi all - PMs should be working again now. However, please do shout if you're still having trouble.

BicycleMadeForTwo Mon 16-Nov-15 13:14:57

I've emailed you but I'm still unable to send private messages. I'm on the iPhone latest update using the mobile site and desktop site.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Nov-15 16:21:08

Hi Bicycle - thanks for getting in touch. Tech have said there are some issues with particular characters. Would anyone having a problem with their PMs be willing to send us a copy of what they're trying to send, or a bit of info about what characters they're using? E.g. this might be a particular smiley, a question mark, exclamation mark, etc.

BicycleMadeForTwo Mon 16-Nov-15 23:26:31

Tech are onto something there. I just successfully managed to send a PM which said "thank you so much I really appreciate it" intentionally left out punctuation etc and it went through fine.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Nov-15 10:37:35

Thanks Bicycle. We'll pass that on. Either a technical glitch or some sort of conspiracy against the grammar police... If anyone else can let us know about specific messages they've had trouble sending, please do drop us a line. If you email contactus@mumsnet.com with the message you were trying to send in the body of the email and mark it 'FAO Tech - PM not sending' we will make sure Tech see all those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now