Talk

Advanced search

Help school backpacks what is good ?

(11 Posts)
MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 12:31:37

I am looking for a strong backpack for my dd who starts secondary in September. She is not at all girly so would never carry a handbag. Would a backpack like this be too nerdy ? It needs to be strong.

here

maybe she could hang stuff off it ? Do you know of a really good make of backpack that will be strong. We are not supposed to have bags with massive logo on them so I suppose Animal stuff is not possible.

CliffTumble Thu 09-Jun-11 12:38:39

The surfing brands are generally well made. Dd gas an o'neill one

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 12:39:36

Thanks will look for some of those

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 09-Jun-11 13:14:33

Does it have to be a backpack? I know they're better for your back, but around here everyone uses messenger bags. My DS has a bench material one, and it's really lasted. It has two compartments, I think, and a zip-up inside section. It's also waterproof.

Mollymax Thu 09-Jun-11 13:25:11

My 12 year old dd loves bags.
I think she has one for every day of the week.
Most children do tend to use messenger bags.
Back packs sre better for their backs, but many wear them on one shoulder, which defeats the object. Get one not too big, so she can not carry to much stuff.

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 13:25:58

Thanks I will have a look at messenger bags.

lbubbly Sun 12-Jun-11 20:49:58

The best option for a child is a small wheely suitcase much used by students overseas .They have less strain on their backs and shoulders.

CliffTumble Sun 12-Jun-11 21:04:35

Yes but you have to think of the street cred factor too.

tropicalfish Sun 12-Jun-11 22:03:55

hi, my dd has a dakine rucksuck which is excellent quality, loads of pockets including a velvet one for mobile phones. They are expensive and really best place to buy is on the internet.
They are quite large and have a huge range.

lbubbly Mon 13-Jun-11 08:42:58

ha,ha,ha....

bruffin Mon 13-Jun-11 08:57:07

"The best option for a child is a small wheely suitcase much used by students overseas "

DD's friend at another school sadly got bullied for having one of these. She also got heartily fed up of constantly asked when she was going on holiday.

Best to have a look at the school at going home time and see what the kids are using.

DCs have messenger bags.

surfdome have a huge range of bags

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: