Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hyperemesis Support

(919 Posts)
LucindaE Fri 16-Mar-18 18:16:50

I hope everyone suffering from the Horrors of Hyperemesis will find this thread useful as a source of support and information.
There's no TMI on here - can't be by definition - and nobody should feel ashamed of moaning as much as they feel the need to.
MOH's wonderful website is full of useful information on this illness:
sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos
Another invaluable website is:
www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk
If you need help in obtaining medication, phone them on:
024 7638 2020
Lastly, the NICE guidelines on treatment are useful:
cks.nice.org.uk/nauseavomiting-in-pregnancy
I would like to thank everyone who has given such invaluable support and advice on this and on previous threads.
Remember when you are at your worst, 'This Too Shall Pass'. It really will.
So many women on this thread have thought they couldn't get through this, but they did.

LucindaE Fri 16-Mar-18 18:17:59

Here's the new thread, everyone.
Look after yourselves in my absence. Lovely Mustang will be looking in.

Anatidae Fri 16-Mar-18 18:55:45

Just placemarking. Evening all.

LostMyBaubles Fri 16-Mar-18 18:59:20

Place marking

Mustang27 Fri 16-Mar-18 19:01:57

Snap

Boredoftryingusernames Fri 16-Mar-18 19:04:34

Thanks Lucinda, have a lovely trip away.

Foodylicious Fri 16-Mar-18 19:16:27

Here too

seizethecuttlefish Fri 16-Mar-18 19:17:30

Present and correct wink

Foodylicious Fri 16-Mar-18 19:23:50

StatisticallyChallengedI sooo want a crisp sandwich now!

I am getting a bit worried about my weight gain (in stark contrast to some of you I know).
For the most part the Promethazine is really helping, but I've been feeling more and more sick again this last week and non stop eating, especially in the morning is helping the nausea.
Really don't fancy much fruit but I'm going to have to try...

Oh an pretty sure I won't be eating omelette again for a while.

Mustang27 Fri 16-Mar-18 19:34:36

Oh god at the omelette vom foody. I gained 4st this time after losing about at early days, between the full sugar drinks and all the carbs I was lucky if I moved more than 3000 steps a day so that all adds up to a massive fat arse for me. I'm now slowly losing 1lb a week since baby but I feel utterly pants and super uncomfortable. Ignoring all that though it's so important you just try nd look after yourself at the mo eat what you can keep down and just try and not sweat this stuff right now.

You are so right it's never an apple and god they are pretty crap on the way back and so acidic.

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 16-Mar-18 19:36:52

Sorry for inspiring cravings! If it's any comfort, so far the one food rule I find is that foods which are craved tend to stay put.

I gained 4 stone last time, and have had huge problems with losing weight ever since so I'm really hoping not to repeat

isthismummy Fri 16-Mar-18 19:40:28

I can't eat apples at all. They come straight back up. I miss applessad

I've not lost weight, which is OK as Im only 8,2. I haven't gained a thing though and I'm 12 weeks gone. I'm supposed to be having twins, but I don't know where they are hiding!

hotchocolate86 Fri 16-Mar-18 19:52:44

Well done at not losing weight isthismummy. That’s pretty impressive. I have lost half a stone which is not too bad as last time I lost a stone.

I agree that craved foods often stay put statistically although I’ve no idea why that should be.

ana are you feeling any better?

isthismummy Fri 16-Mar-18 19:56:31

I think it's cos I've barely moved out of bed hotchocolate I'm a little eater anyway, so my body is used to not many calories. I was kind of sadistically hoping for a half stone lossgrin

Foodylicious Fri 16-Mar-18 20:07:58

Mustang27 I didn't think it was a good idea at the time, was going to have egg on toast as that's what I fancied but was making omelette for LO and then OH said he would have one too.
I knew it was wrong after I cooked it too but told myself it was all in my head...

Next time I will listen to me

hotchocolate86 Sat 17-Mar-18 13:07:47

Well I didn’t quite make a week without being sick. Thankfully not feeling too bad at the moment though.

Foodylicious Sat 17-Mar-18 13:29:17

That sounds sort of positive hotchocolate86

Felt much more sick the last few days and was a little bit sick yesterday and this morning.
I'm so tired and no motivation to do anything.
Feel so bad for not doing more with my LB and keep being hormonal shouty mum.
Not loving it

hotchocolate86 Sat 17-Mar-18 13:32:39

I know the tiredness well foody. I’m exhausted all the time and spend most of the day on the sofa or in bed still. Today I’ve had to do a little tidying and I suspect that’s why I’ve been sick. I might go back to bed this afternoon if I can. It’s not fun is it?

Foodylicious Sat 17-Mar-18 13:33:21

Oh and meant to be having a friend and her little ones for tea, but I'm sooo tired

YuleABUnREASTIEable Sat 17-Mar-18 13:45:16

Foody I ate constantly thrOugh pg as it was the only thing that helped a little with the nausea but I remember forcing myself to eat as I knew if I didn’t it would get worse, I ate pretty much at least every 2 hours the entire time and I remember forcing myself to swallow never being quite sure if I would sick it up straight away. I put on over 5 stone (and that was after being pg so not including the weight of dd) through pg but I did lose it all (and more)

Spent this morning making plain Ish lemon biscuits and some cheese oat crackers for the freezer in the hope I might fancy them if/when I’m pg. I remember liking those last fine anyway. I’m quite restricted with my diet already so I have to make a lot at home rather than buy in the shops so thought it better to cook some and freeze now when I can stand cooking! I’ve also stocked up on salty crisps as I remember living in those for several weeks.

Anatidae Sat 17-Mar-18 20:02:19

I’m on the mend from the fever thanks hotchoc - darling husband confined me to bed on Thursday while I sweated it out and sorted out all pickups, tea for small person, bath and bed. Angel.
He now has The Plague as well. Poor thing. Made sure he spent the morning in bed today.

I just feel awful. (Moan ahead sorry...) Still coughing, sinuses all cacked up and sore throat and ears, awful stomach pain, pain under ribs on the right, hips starting to go, feel dizzy at even small exertions. It’s just SHIT and I am so fed up. We still have a metre of snow and the roads are like glass. Send vitamin D or teleport me to Tahiti...

Hope everyone is OK.

Shehz21 Sat 17-Mar-18 20:56:37

A big hello to all the lovely ladies!
Just a quick pop in to say I welcome Baby Niya on the 14th of March after 3 and a half hour labour.

Anatidae Sat 17-Mar-18 20:57:40

Oh she’s gorgeous 😍 well done - hope it went ok?

Shehz21 Sat 17-Mar-18 21:08:12

Ana -Thank you!! I am absolutely smittenhalo
It was an amazing experience to be honest, I had 1 great midwives who gave me the best kind of support in the birthing center and Baby was out i 3 pushes!
I feel blessed to have had such an easy-ish birth after such a long and hard pregnancy. But totally worth it in the end for sure!

Boredoftryingusernames Sat 17-Mar-18 21:13:19

Congratulations, she's beautiful! Glad you had a good birth experience, definitely deserved after a really hard pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: