Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nothing seen on the scan

(28 Posts)
mysecret321 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:31:56

Hi everyone

Have just joined and I'm a bit desperate for some words of support.

I have a 5yo dd. I fell pregnant last year all was well symptoms suddenly faded and had kept saying something was wrong throughout the pregnancy. Went to hospital due to few red spots they scanned me four days later and baby had died at 9.5 weeks (I was 11 weeks by that point). That was in March.

In May, i fell pregnant again and miscarried at approx 8 weeks in June. By the time they scanned me there were only clots left sad

In December I went to my home country Dr said I had pcos in my left ovary, I also found out I have impaired glucose tolerance.

Went to see my Gp and they scanned me later, confirmed the diagnosis though I then had pcos in both ovaries.

Last month I didn't feel like I ovulate at all, my temps were low.

A few days ago, I took a pregnancy test and it was possible. I took clearblue on Thursday and it said 2-3 weeks. My lmp was 19 Feb and my cycles used to be 32 days with o on day 18. After my second mc they went all over the place.

Anyway, I went to see a Dr privately yesterday as I was hoping for some progesterone to support the pregnancy.

He scanned me and although he said I had thickened uterus lining (quite thickened in fact) nothing could be seen. He said he could not comment further.he simply stated he couldn't see a pregnancy there.

I am devastated, although my temps are 37.2 still my breasts have gone from tender to floppy (if you know what I mean) and I am absolutely terrified I'm about to have another miscarriage.

Has anyone been through something similar and everything was ok?

Thanks

D xxxx

mysecret321 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:33:06

Forgot to add that after my second mc I did some tests and they all seemed okish xxx

mysecret321 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:40:50

Anyone able to help please? Xxx

NaturWilde Mon 27-Mar-17 19:50:23

I'm so sorry to hear that. Can you call your EPU as by your dates you should be 5-6 weeks?

mysecret321 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:18:54

Hi NaturWilde thanks for your response. I called them up as they had previously to do so due to history of mc. But the scan is not until 13 weeks and I'm just getting so stressed! Xxx

NicolaMarlowsMerlin Mon 27-Mar-17 20:27:12

Problem with having pcos is it can look like you're pregnant when actually it's just a long cycle. It would be unusual to have a clear 2-3 weeks from clear blue without an actual early pregnancy, but as NaturWilde said, you should be 5-6 so if you were pregnant, it looks like the pregnancy has not developed, I am so sorry if that's the case.

Could you go to your GP given other miscarriages and the scan today and get some support that way? Not sure if they will do a lab test for you, but given you have now been trying for a while they should be able to refer you to get some treatment for the PCOS.

I'm sorry this isn't a more positive post, you have my support.

mysecret321 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:47:49

Went to see my Gp on Friday (so before the scan) I'm going to see if I can book an appointment some time this week.

I'm still getting +hpt, very dark now so I'm quite perplexed as to what is going on.

Would it make a difference if I only ovulated around the 9 so the fetal matter would be just over 2 weeks old at the time of the scan on Saturday?

Do you know if GPs do hcg tests as they always seem so reluctant to offer any help sad

NicolaMarlowsMerlin Mon 27-Mar-17 20:52:32

If you're getting a dark hpt then that's a good sign. Yes it would def make a difference if you ovulated late. Hang in there and go to GP next week if you still haven't bled.

Dunno if they will do hcg test but it's worth a try. Ask them.

Happyandhungry Mon 27-Mar-17 21:16:48

Pay for a private early scan.

PTphonehome Mon 27-Mar-17 21:35:58

My lmp was 7th Feb, I had a scan on Saturday and could only see the heartbeat and it was very tiny. I'd suggest if you are 10 days behind my dates the it would be quite normal not to see anything.

mysecret321 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:01:54

Hi ptphonehome

Thank you this has given me a glimmer if hope!

Xxx

mysecret321 Thu 13-Apr-17 18:24:54

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I had my ultrasound today. All is well I'm officially 6w6d today so right for my dates.

The only thing that I noticed was a banana shaped gestational sac, I asked the technician but she said everything was as it should be. But is this something to worry about?

TeaAndPjs Fri 14-Apr-17 16:07:14

My LMP was 17th Feb but like you I ovulated later in cycle, I had a scan on the 3rd April and they could see sac and something in it but I'm back on 20th to get a better look, if you're a few days behind me then that's maybe why they haven't seen anything, maybe need to wait another few weeks xx

PTphonehome Fri 14-Apr-17 16:23:03

Fab news, congratulations x

mysecret321 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:02:06

Hi thanks for your replies, I saw the yolk sac and the baby and the heartbeat so all was well according to the technician, it's just the shape of the sac that worried me. Was your sac round?

mysecret321 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:02:45

Thanks ptphonehome smile

jinglebellmel Fri 14-Apr-17 21:27:40

Mine was an odd shape early on too and all progressed fine x

ShowOfHands Fri 14-Apr-17 21:32:05

If you put "gestational sac" into Google images, they come in all sorts of weird shapes, banana included.

Congratulations!

mysecret321 Sat 15-Apr-17 05:56:40

Thank you girls! I hope it all goes well from now on! Being pregnant after two miscarriages is a bit terrifying I must admit and so I question everything! Xxx

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 16:49:00

I'm glad everything is well! I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy ❤️

mysecret321 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:57:46

Thank you x

Hazandduck Sat 22-Apr-17 10:20:09

Mysecret there is a brilliant board about staying positive in pregnancy after miscarriage, you'll find lots of support on there. Glad your scan went well xx

mysecret321 Tue 23-May-17 20:04:54

Please to say my scan went well smile who do you think it is girls? Boy or girl? Xxx

Kittykatclaws Tue 23-May-17 20:09:06

Aww congratulations I'm guessing girl! flowers

Starlighter Tue 23-May-17 20:15:28

Awwww! Huge congrats! I'm so pleased for you! smile

Looks like a girl to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now