Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mam Anti-Colic Bottles

(4 Posts)
user1474068825 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:06:36

I have purchased these bottles after research and have found very positive reviews, but I am struggling on the instructions. I hope someone could help me.
1. Using the bottles for the first time do you have to do anything other than washing and sterilising? Same with the steriliser? How do you clean the steriliser as well?
2. When using the steriliser do you also have to sterilise the tongs at the same time? It doesn't say to buy it makes sense right?
3. How long do the bottles stay sterile for? If made up from the steriliser and placed in the cupboard how long do we have until they are not sterile anymore? Same with the self sterilising bottles in the microwave.
4. How do you dry bottles? If no how do get dry?

First time Mum here, baby due in 5 weeks 🙈 I have a lot to learn!

welshweasel Thu 29-Dec-16 17:17:25

Sterilise them. Wash your hands. Put bottles together and place in cupboard. Ditch the tongs. No need to dry them. Officially sterile for 48 hours I think but so long as the lids are on I wouldn't stress. To be honest with a newborn you'll get through bottles fairly quickly anyway. They are fab bottles.

Becciilouisex3 Thu 29-Dec-16 19:06:15

1. Just wash and sterilise them. That's all that's ever needed.

2. You won't need to bother with tongs, just make sure you've washed your hands after washing the bottles and before putting them in the steriliser. Also wash them before taking them out of the steriliser.

3. Before you use the steriliser, put it on a sterilising cycle with nothing in it. Afterwards it will depend on the instructions for your steriliser. With my Avent one, I clean with a new washing up sponge, warm water and washing up liquid. Wash the parts out with cold water and again, put the steriliser on a cycle empty. I do mine once a week.

4. You probably won't need to dry them, I never have. Once they've been in the steriliser, there might be some left over water but just shake it out and use the bottle.

When I sterilise my MAM anti-colics, I take the white bite out of the bottom and screw the coloured bottom back on so that the steam can travel through the whole bottle. I put the white parts separate. Then the teats in their holders with the kids on in the top.

The bottles stay sterile for 24 hours but to be honest, you'll probably get through 6-8 if feeds a day with a newborn and so end up needing to clean and sterilise them all once a day anyway smile

Becciilouisex3 Thu 29-Dec-16 19:13:45

Not with the kids on top with the lids on top! I do not recommend sterilising your child grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now