Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy Travel Insurance

(7 Posts)
MrsSnow Thu 13-Aug-15 13:09:45

Has anyone travelled long haul (23-25 weeks) but had pregnancy specific travel insurance? If you can remember the name of the travel insurance company that would be great.

Thanks

Brummiegirl15 Thu 13-Aug-15 15:21:28

I'm travelling to US at 22 weeks, home at 24 weeks.

I'm insured with insure & go and am insured for all pregnancy complications until 32 weeks.

You don't need specific pregnancy insurance, you just need decent travel insurance. Direct Line also cover pregnancy as well.

charleybelle Thu 13-Aug-15 15:27:19

Yep we used the same, InsureAndGo and you are automatically covered for pregnancy complications. I just called them up to double check when we travelled.

sherbertlemon17 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:18:56

I just travelled back from the UAE at 22 weeks and used InsureAndGo insurance too. Purely for the fact you are completely covered for all pregnancy related complications including premature delivery.

Thankfully not needed!

BumbleBee0 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:34:10

I'm travelling long haul too at 24-26 wks and was wondering this. Will take a look at insure&go. Thanks!

MrsSnow Fri 14-Aug-15 12:18:14

Thanks will take a look at them.

MrsPCR Fri 14-Aug-15 16:49:06

DH and I researched this as part of our when to TTC plan, and found insurance companies are not allowed to charge a premium for pregnancy /discriminate against you for being pregnant and you should be automatically covered with anyone up to I think 32 weeks.

I'd double check the one you plan to buy but comparison wise you should be able to look at any initially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now