Talk

Advanced search

Week 4 - Spring Low Carb Bootcamp - our first month!

(169 Posts)
BIWI Mon 27-Feb-17 07:15:09

Morning all

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

... which looks like it's going to have some fabulous results this morning! Well done Hesdeadjim. flowers

Don't be discouraged if you haven't seen a loss - remember, weeks 3 and 4 are notorious for weight loss slowing down or even reversing.

Just make sure you're following Bootcamp rules - especially eating fat and drinking water - and beware of carb creep. It's very easy to think 'a bit' of this or 'a spoonful' of that won't make a difference - but it really does.

Imissmy0ldusername Mon 27-Feb-17 07:23:14

A decent loss here - which I really wasn't expecting, as I was thinking dairy was causing me a few issues.

B: Beef sausages
L: tapas from the fancy deli we discovered in a local farm shop yesterday
D: chicken "kiev" and ALL the veg!

DH & I don't have a garden, so we bought some giant pots and will be growing our own spuds and courgettes - he can't live without potatoes, which I've always been able to take or leave, and I can't live without courgettes (DH has been known to mutter very rude things about my bloody hippy upbringing and courgette eating ways!). So we shall no longer have to worry about the great courgette shortage of 2017 happening again. Phew.

mistywillow17 Mon 27-Feb-17 07:30:02

2.8 pounds off here - really happy with that, as it takes me to over 10 pounds lost in three weeks. I managed to eat out yesterday without slipping up - grilled halloumi, lamb skewers and cucumber salad without dressing - the only temptation was the bread basket which looked SO inviting, but I kept thinking of my appointment with the scales this morning. Well, here goes another week!

playmobilpeacock Mon 27-Feb-17 07:37:04

Week 3 already!

This weekend has been a crashing disaster for me. Went to stay with a friend armed with low carb snacks, vodka and soda water. Then we went out to a Vietnamese restaurant and despite trying to order well (salads, steamed fish) everything was either battered or covered in sugary dressing.
The next day I cooked for 8 people and the meal was quite carby. Hungover Sunday was a right off.

After being so strict for weeks it was stupid to fail so badly but I'm carrying on and chalking this up to experience.

I am 6lbs down from my starting weight so I am going in the right direction.

Imiss courgettes are a brilliant thing to grow and boy do they grow! Any shortage will be a distant memory wink

Kleptronic Mon 27-Feb-17 07:50:39

1lb off here. Slow but steady eh.

Flisspaps Mon 27-Feb-17 07:51:23

I'm struggling hugely. I've not been on MN for a couple of weeks (I end up getting sucked in to AIBU for hours on end) and it is showing on the scales 😖

BursarsFrogs Mon 27-Feb-17 07:56:50

Great losses for some people, especially with it having been week 3. I've stayed the same. Less wine for me this week!

Plan today:
B: Feta and spinach omelette (I'm actually craving one of these!)
L: Fried halloumi, avocado and salad veggies.
D: Chicken soup from homemade stock, chicken, turnips, shallots, leeks, carrots and cream.

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 27-Feb-17 08:06:04

Could someone add my weight please? 127. Thanks smile

Can't help thinking that can't be quite 'right' though blush

Have a great day all

Looneytune253 Mon 27-Feb-17 08:06:38

Thanks for your advice @BIWI you are completely right and I will KOKO. Weighed in this morning and had a teeny loss over the whole week so thats good. Started 30 day shred this morning and have had a good brekkie (omelette with spinach, tomato, mushrooms and cheese) and will have coffee and cream mid morning. Gonna work on my water too as not too good at that. Will keep checking in with the thread. Well done to those who've lost weight!!

BIWI Mon 27-Feb-17 08:27:43

<thumbs up> @Looneytune253

mrwalkensir Mon 27-Feb-17 08:38:09

1 off here. Happy as generally feel so much better all round. Hoping for more photos of hesdeadJim's Bassets over the next few weeks

ASDismynormality Mon 27-Feb-17 08:58:21

A big 4.5lbs off for me this week, amazing for week 7! Another 3.5lbs and I will have lost 2st.
I didn't have any dairy this week and I wonder if that's why I had such a great loss or if it would have happened just sticking to low carb anyway.

CaptainBraandPants Mon 27-Feb-17 09:20:50

I've had a bit of a whoosh this week with 3 lbs off. Very pleased that I've managed 8 weeks of LCing, almost 19lbs off and almost not obese. Feeling very positive at the moment grin
Well done all you losers.
If you haven't lost, I would say to persevere as this woe does work. flowers

Hesdeadjim Mon 27-Feb-17 10:03:12

mrwalkensir be very very careful what you wish for grin

ASDismynormality Mon 27-Feb-17 10:07:36

He dead, they are so beautiful 😍

Hesdeadjim Mon 27-Feb-17 10:08:00

Oh god, my graph is a bit funky shock

Hesdeadjim Mon 27-Feb-17 10:09:13

ASDismynormality sure about that?

(erics running faces look much like my own)

ASDismynormality Mon 27-Feb-17 10:15:17

I love animals, your dogs faces are fantastic!

My graph looks like this,

StuntNun Mon 27-Feb-17 10:22:37

2lb off for me so I'm very happy with that. KOKO everyone.

PissPotPourri Mon 27-Feb-17 10:29:11

Stayed the same here at 152lb Really disappointed especially as I got down to 149 during the week when I was ill. I haven't strayed off the diet at all bar three glasses of wine (not all at the same time) and am generally eating very little.
Am eating out twice this week do I doubt next week will show a loss either, even though I plan to stay good. Feeling disheartened but I know I'm 4 weeks in and plateaux are normal. Still.... Hey ho KOKO

imustbepatient Mon 27-Feb-17 11:16:53

I haven't weighed today and I'm not sure I feel any lighter, but I'm feeling really happy at staying completely on track food and water-wise over the weekend. I had several wines but stayed right on it with the food, so hopefully there might be a small loss when I weigh tomorrow.

MyShinyThing Mon 27-Feb-17 13:40:04

I was 4.8 lbs down this week. Absolutely over the moon with that, I think cutting out dairy has made a huge difference as I usually manage 2lbs a week at the most.

Unfortunately as I gained the week before I'm only 5lbs down from the start of BC, but I'm still happy with that & it puts me in the normal bmi range for the first time in a while!

Am definitely making better choices now & have stopped the snacking, sugar cravings are finally gone as well. Now I just have to try to add some exercise in!

Well done everyone for sticking with it, KOKO!

ragz134 Mon 27-Feb-17 13:41:18

I STS last week and gained nearly 1lb this week. I have only had a couple of bad days... But this is week 8 for me so I am thinking I've just hit a stall, also had to take naproxen and that seems to make me bloated, plus have had oms symptoms for a week but no AF yet (mirena coil so not regular).
I fully expect a whoosh soon.

stealtheatingtunnocks Mon 27-Feb-17 14:48:47

gained a pound.

Seems unfair. I had one small glass of prosecco and one tin of vodka and soda. Have been eating a LOT of dairy, lots of greek yogurt, cream, and cheese.

Will KOKO, I look thinner!

Hesdeadjim Mon 27-Feb-17 14:56:26

Oh God, what fresh hell is this???

I have THE WORST period pain I've had in my life today! I don't usually get any so this is quite the kick in the vagina.

Is this a low carb thing or just a freak "my body hates me" thing??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now