Talk

Advanced search

Can we get a big MN HURRAH for Kim Clijsters??

(11 Posts)
angelene Mon 14-Sep-09 11:38:58

Completely inspirational.

Her match against Venus Williams earlier in the tournament was the best women's match I've seen since the 2005 Final.

Coming back to extremely high level sport 18 months after having a child to win one of major titles, beating two of the favourites along the way is just stunning.

And her daughter is just lovely too

The first mother to win a Grand Slam title since 1980. Fantastic.

angelene Mon 14-Sep-09 11:39:38

Best match since the 2005 Wimbledon Final that should read.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 14-Sep-09 11:39:50

I saw this on the news earlier.

Hurrah for Kim!

HumphreyCobbler Mon 14-Sep-09 11:41:15

This was lovely news.

God it makes me feed inadequate though, I can barely get dressed in the morning..

belgo Mon 14-Sep-09 17:17:49

She's amazing. I really thought we'd heard the last of her when she retired to get married and have a baby. I'm happy to be proved wrong!

AnyFucker Mon 14-Sep-09 17:20:47

She really is wonderful

Seems very nice too, just gets on with the job

An amazing achievement

LouMacca Mon 14-Sep-09 18:07:25

Yes! Well Done Kim!!

alwayslookingforanswers Mon 14-Sep-09 18:12:36

yes well done indeed - although like HC - makes me feel slightly inadequate about just being able to get through a normal day - without the training grin

squeaver Mon 14-Sep-09 18:14:00

Oh yes, watched her getting the trophy while I was at the gym this morning. I shed a small tear on the stairmaster.

Eddas Mon 14-Sep-09 18:14:34

oh wow did she win? I saw her at the Wimbledon roof opening when she announced she was coming back, I'm amazed that she's won so soon considering she only got back into training about 8 weeks before the roof opening. That would've been March time, I bet she is so thrilled!

She gets a huge Hurrah from me <<<claps>>>

Nancy66 Mon 14-Sep-09 18:14:35

I'm so glad she didn't marry Lleyton Hewitt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now