Thread no 2

StretchFucksTheMailDaily Fri 14-Aug-09 11:14:57

smile Marking place for later!

LeninGrad Fri 14-Aug-09 11:15:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nancy66 Fri 14-Aug-09 11:15:35

DP - have you posted your TV review?

GodzillasBumcheek Fri 14-Aug-09 11:15:50

It might not be ideal for the internet to be all someone has but whaddayagonnado?

Force people to knock on strangers doors and say "Hello, i need some RL support because apparently the internet is just not good enough, would you be so kind as to listen to my ranting and attempt to provide some moral support or advice on an issue which you probably know nothing about?"

LeninGrad Fri 14-Aug-09 11:19:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeachyAndTheDMSlackerJourno Fri 14-Aug-09 11:19:51

'Force people to knock on strangers doors and say "Hello, i need some RL support because apparently the internet is just not good enough, would you be so kind as to listen to my ranting and attempt to provide some moral support or advice on an issue which you probably know nothing about?" ' can I add 'whilst my aspergic child bashes two barrels of shit out of your child and competely ignores any attempt to stop it.

Thing is, we ahd loads of mates attahced to a hobby we do. This year, ds1 started hitting the 3 year oldswho go

In order for the other to continue, I have to stay away now. AS I cant help dh's participation is also at risk from some poeple who now think we dont pull our weight.

I'm not a never had a mate freak, but I am largely without options

These days I rarely start threads anbout my boys as I'm kinda settled with them jnow, I know a lot of my stuff. But newboes start here every day and I want to able to share my advice with them, and that emasn experiecne in the SN scenario. I hate the fact that a deal-for-a-link with the DM might stop people getting what I have been lucky enough to receive.

Goblinchild Fri 14-Aug-09 11:20:24

DP, if you have a child with sn who requires supervision or care on an almost continuous basis, and who might sleep for three hours a night, and who might behave in an unpredictable manner and trash your home and possessions on occasion, you haven't got time for much else.
If you add other children into the mixture, and no nearby family support, it gets harder and harder.
Add in the fact that for some it is difficult to obtain a job, even a voluntary one that enables you to meet your family responsibilities, so many are operating on a restricted budget and with limited contact with other adults.
Sometimes the internet is the only source of venting and questioning and sanity left.

ahundredtimes Fri 14-Aug-09 11:20:53

I've been thinking about this. I thought the Young Visitor had it pretty much right on that last thread.

Yes everyone can name change now, and be wary, which in turn will change the nature of MN. If you want a different kind of life on MN then you have to go to Moldies or another private talkboard. This IS going to change MN, but perhaps there isn't any way of stopping that.

So really they aren't protecting their business model. Though I guess it's also a wake up call to posters.

I don't think it's about stalkers but it is about privacy. So just as Vonsude pointed out, we can now all go off and read everything we might find interesting about Leah Hardy on MN. We might just pour over her life for our own interest - or we might use that information in some way to do with her professional life. It wouldn't be nice - and I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want someone to do it to me - but then having your personal work problems appear in a national newspaper without your permission or knowledge is not nice either.

Internet is like the wild west isn't it? There are no laws. No rules. Just Swedes with a huge marrow barging through the saloon doors and posses riding out into the sunset. Like a gold rush. <excited>

RafiToreTheDMUpForCatLitter Fri 14-Aug-09 11:22:24

Well, we could go flood the DM message boards... although they don't look that exciting.

Goblinchild Fri 14-Aug-09 11:22:47

See, if we knew who DP was and where she lived, we could go round and have an sn picnic at her place.

PeachyAndTheDMSlackerJourno Fri 14-Aug-09 11:23:12

GC just a word- dp doesn't necessarily agree all forms of SN (I am thinking ADHD) are anything but bad parenting anyway so she doesn't share our understanding of the sit

IS that a fair assumption DP?

KingCanuteIAmAndTheDMCanFOff Fri 14-Aug-09 11:23:47

Lenin, can you take me through that step by step please? [totally thick emoticon]

PhilbyBugessandMaclean Fri 14-Aug-09 11:24:04

hi nancy (DP here)

am still working on it, (i have a slight problem... have never watched eastenders in my life..)

however, i am not one to back out of a challange....i'll have it on your desk asap

<< said in hard aggressive eastend stylee >>

Goblinchild Fri 14-Aug-09 11:25:20

Even more reason for her to show us how it's done. So an sn weekend at her place then?

morningpaper Fri 14-Aug-09 11:26:52

lol goblinchild

GodzillasBumcheek Fri 14-Aug-09 11:27:22

lol @ the sn picnic at DP's place. I'll send some pickled gherkins and think of you all grin

Also - thanks for calling me afreak Peachy. I needed that (almost never had a mate).

PeachyAndTheDMSlackerJourno Fri 14-Aug-09 11:27:29

LOL GC

The funny thing is I have enough infop to find her qute easily from different sources

Have no intention of doing so which may make her a good judge of character

says something about acting as you rpeach perhaps, no?

PeachyAndTheDMSlackerJourno Fri 14-Aug-09 11:28:44

OOOps sorry Godzilla [boush]

I'll be oyur mate though grin. Heck arent we all on SN / TTR?

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Fri 14-Aug-09 11:29:11

<<goes off to reserve all the papers and look for an eastenders review so she can invade daftpunk's privacy>>

Is she putting me off the scent is it really Corrie?

PeachyAndTheDMSlackerJourno Fri 14-Aug-09 11:30:54

PMSL

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Fri 14-Aug-09 11:31:10

I am wondering what the advertisements will be when the Daily Mail takes over.

Princess Diana plate anyone?

PhilbyBugessandMaclean Fri 14-Aug-09 11:31:38

peachy;

i have said on mn that ADHD is possibly over diagnosed and that i would never give any child of mine drugs for behaviour reasons.

<< i have to go out now.....will be back tonight. >>

goblinchild;

if you lived near me i would be more than happy to have you and dc over for a party.....i know how to give people a good time.

GodzillasBumcheek Fri 14-Aug-09 11:32:14

[barf]

GodzillasBumcheek Fri 14-Aug-09 11:32:34

that was about the plate btw

This thread is not accepting new messages.