Talk

Advanced search

Is Swoon any good?

(12 Posts)
flugelhorn81 Sun 22-Jul-18 16:34:47

I'm looking at the Althaea corner sofa, it looks really comfy. Has anyone ordered from there? Or been to the showroom?

flugelhorn81 Mon 23-Jul-18 19:16:38

Bump!

flugelhorn81 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:31:23

No one...?!

LillyLeaf Sat 11-Aug-18 08:33:59

I have a swoon sofa, it's lovely and have friends that have them too. Great company, delivered when they said they would.

flugelhorn81 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:38:30

Great, thanks @LillyLeaf. Did you go and view it before ordering?

RobinEggs Sat 11-Aug-18 08:42:42

My Swoon sofa arrived on Tuesday. I still don’t know what it looks like properly though as, despite me checking that they would twice, the delivery men refused point blank to carry it upstairs (my house is upside down).

I’ve always ordered from Loaf in the past. Loaf have always taken away the piece of furniture the new piece is replacing and set it up in room of choice. I assumed that due to similar price point Swoon would do the same but it was just a third party delivery company who didn’t want to know.

Licketysplits Sat 11-Aug-18 08:42:51

I have quite a few things from swoon, although no soft furnishings. Really pleased with all of them and their customer service is fantastic. One unit arrived with a small scratch on it and they immediately offered me an exchange, full refund or partial refund if I wanted to keep it. Another time a payment went wrong and they sorted it really quickly.

One thing I would say is never pay full price for anything...they have so many sales, or % off certain types of things days if you can wait a few weeks I'd say you're almost certain to be able to get a discount of some sort, just keep an eye on the website daily or sign up to the newsletter.

Licketysplits Sat 11-Aug-18 08:45:23

Robin we've had absolutely the opposite, always 2 men to carry things in, always taken things to the right room and waited for me to check for damage if I wanted to, have taken away the packaging etc. How odd!

RobinEggs Sat 11-Aug-18 09:37:58

Really? It was the first time I’ve used them so was really disappointed. I’ll givethem a call to see if that’s their standard procedure as I had checked with HO that they’d deliver upstairs, them when they got here they point blank refused.

LillyLeaf Mon 13-Aug-18 21:13:22

I didn't see the sofa in the showroom I just ordered the fabric swatches. Delivery man were great and carried it down stairs at the side of my house, very helpful.

Happyoldbat Thu 16-Aug-18 16:58:53

I have had a few things from them and been very pleased with them.

ArmindaVeach Sat 18-Aug-18 06:53:14

Not me but my cousin have a corner sofa in his living room, which he has purchased from the genuine store of Office Furniture Solutions on his dad's suggestion. I have seen his new purchase when I visited his house a few days back. For sure it offers great comfort and now I am also thinking to get one for me too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: