Talk

Advanced search

Bodyblade - any good?

(10 Posts)
IWasBeingAffable Wed 25-May-16 20:46:48

Has anybody used one of these? I quite fancy it for my core strength and toning up my arms a bit.

Monkeyinshoes Mon 30-May-16 00:27:24

My mum has one and loves it. I wasn't sure about it at first, I thought why not just use dumbbells? Then she bought one for DH and me. I like it now. You certainly feel it in your arms and it raises your heart rate too. It's like no impact HIIT.

It's easy to store, ours is tucked behind the armchair in the living room so can easily just pick it up and use it whenever we have a bit of time. It also doesn't aggravate my dodgy wrist (which weights do).

IWasBeingAffable Mon 30-May-16 07:09:26

That's good thanks Monkey. I've got one coming in the post and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 30-May-16 07:15:04

Lurking. Ive been banned by the physio from doing any impact exercise for the rest of my life so this might help?

IWasBeingAffable Mon 30-May-16 07:37:06

It was originally used for treating injuries, well worth asking.

peaz1 Mon 30-May-16 09:14:01

I'm liking the idea of this. Where are you getting yours from? I've never heard of it- is it effective?

IWasBeingAffable Mon 30-May-16 09:36:45

I'll let you know how I get on with it. I tried getting one on EBay, but the bidding went so high I might as well buy new. I'm getting mine from QVC.

IWasBeingAffable Tue 31-May-16 15:14:10

Right, just received it and had a go. It's really easy to use, very intuitive. The DVD has two workouts, super 6 and power 10. I completed the super 6, it was very quick and felt very effective, hope I get some good results. It's definitely quick and easy enough to do everyday to add to any exercise you already do.

peaz1 Thu 02-Jun-16 21:07:00

Wow, that was quick!

I am tempted- which one did you get?

IWasBeingAffable Thu 02-Jun-16 21:43:16

Yes, I thought "oh sod it", and bought it not long after my first post, and I saw how much they were going for on Ebay. I got the classic one. Tried the power 10 one yesterday. It started with a lot of the basic exercises I did on the super 6, and I found it much harder the next day with achy muscles.

The harder workout had a few that I found really difficult to do for more than a few seconds. There's a plank one that's a killer!

Timed the exercise on my Fitbit, and it counted as over 900 steps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now