Talk

Advanced search

Still frugaleering into Autumn.....

(1000 Posts)
Girliefriendlikesflowers Thu 14-Sep-17 19:37:04

New thread for us all to chat, support each other and hopefully save some money!!

WreckTangled Thu 14-Sep-17 19:41:28

Thanks girlie

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 14-Sep-17 19:45:10

Thank you Girlie flowers

Cagliostro Thu 14-Sep-17 19:49:46

Thanks girlie can't believe we filled up the other thread so fast!

CollieBobs Thu 14-Sep-17 19:53:37

Thank you girlie! flowers

Mmmmm chilli was good but I wish I had jacket potatoes in for leftovers tomorrow. Chilli & jacket potatoes sounds so good wreck.

Those boots are a bargain and so cute!

laska I had that done last month. It took a while to heal but its all sorted now.

Laska5772 Thu 14-Sep-17 20:15:08

Blimey, we dont half chat dont we? . Thanks Girlie

Laska5772 Thu 14-Sep-17 20:19:43

collie It was good to get all checked out as well. I had another one appeared on my face this year quite large but flat and pink.Skin Dr says nothing to worry about..

SunnyLikeThursday Thu 14-Sep-17 20:20:10

Thanks for the new thread Girlie.

LonelyOversharer Thu 14-Sep-17 20:47:18

Thanks girlie we do fill threads up quickly!

Ouch laska but better safe than sorry. I say that but have a big mole by my left ear, not sure when it turned up, except it stopped me getting my ears pierced as I thought jewellery by it would look a bit much. It's always had several tones in it, I've never asked the gp about it, I probably should. To my horror it now grows actual whiskers - enjoy being young you lot! Needless to say I pull the buggers out.

Was mooching in wool warehouse, and dp went past and 'diddly diddled' his fingers on my tablet screen annoying but he always does it it went instantly through to checkout! Luckily I could go back. I told him he was almost complicit in me buying more yarn!

SnugglySnerd Thu 14-Sep-17 20:57:56

Thanks Girlie.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 14-Sep-17 21:06:24

Thanks girlie

Glad the skin doctor thinks it's nothing to worry about.

Since, we're talking about sugars, does anyone know how long you are supposed to Fast for before a fasting blood test? Or if tests for blood sugars always need you to fast beforehand?

Cagliostro Thu 14-Sep-17 21:18:59

You can get random glucose and fasting glucose tests so they'd tell you which it was (or you'd see it on the form) I think. Not sure how long to fast though, nurse mentioned 2 hours for the one we will all need 6 weeks after birth though so not sure if that's the standard fasting time, seems a bit short

Cagliostro Thu 14-Sep-17 21:19:36

The random glucose one is where you aren't told to fast I think.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 14-Sep-17 21:24:42

I didn't see the form. They used to give it to you but now I think it's done electronically. I didn't realise she was actually doing my blood sugars until I got into the appointment.

Oh well. I'm sure it will be fine. Or not and they'll do them again.

needastrongone Thu 14-Sep-17 21:25:41

Checking in, thanks girlie. Ouch laska, once had a benign one removed on my back, really sore place too.

I'm enabling as much as you aregrinwinkre Hush.

Had a nice tea out but will have an early night.

Fixed the boiler tonight by figuring out via YouTube!

needastrongone Thu 14-Sep-17 21:26:34

Well, it was only water pressure to be fair but I felt accomplished grin

WreckTangled Thu 14-Sep-17 21:29:49

It depends what they're doing. Really there's no point in doing fasting blood sugars it should always be an hba1c because fasting bloods can 'lie'. You should fast for 10 hours before if it's fasting though. They can always add a note to say you didn't fast so it's a random glucose. Honestly though it's a pointless blood test and before I left the surgery we had stopped doing them. Different in pregnancy obviously!

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 14-Sep-17 21:42:28

It wasn't really the point of the test. I thought it was just iron levels and thyroid, but she seems to have thrown in the other stuff they test for when you're tired all the time for good measure. I'm not really expecting any of it to come back with an issue other than maybe ferritin levels.

Should be OK with 10hrs. If it were 12 it might be an issue.

NSD here. Should mange the same tomorrow.

needastrongone Thu 14-Sep-17 21:47:26

Hope your okay rafa. flowers

The pub tonight did mini deserts for £1.50, which I thought was a great idea. Had a salad (with fried haloumi, yum), then a tiny slice of salted caramel desert, probably about 3 mouthfuls, which is sometimes all I want of something so sweet. DD's was quite substantial at 3 profiteroles.

Not quite low carb or healthy tonightsmile

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 14-Sep-17 21:55:55

Thanks, need.

I'm fine, I think. I'm almost certain it's just a side effect of the asthma flare up.

ememem84 Thu 14-Sep-17 22:05:55

Hey hey!!

Salmon on lentils (which somehow tasted of baked beans) for dinner. Yum.

have just vegged on the couch this evening. Watched only connect (which I am getting good at) and the last episode of strike.

Baby has been moving around and omg I'm feeling a lot of pressure now. Actual uncomfortable "down there" pressure. Which I'm assured is normal. Just a very odd feeling. Not long now...

Girliefriendlikesflowers Thu 14-Sep-17 22:08:23

Yay you are all here smile always a worry when you start a thread!!

Lonely I have a mole like that by my left ear as well, my mum also has one in exactly the same place and my dd has a small one there as well!!

mammymammyIRL Fri 15-Sep-17 05:45:18

Hi everyone couldn't believe thread was full smile
Thanks girlie
I (whispers) started shopping for Christmas yesterday shock
Bought dd a half/half county jersey with our surname on back so ds can wear it in time, an O'Neill's tracksuit(in my county colours) and an O'Neill's jacket(in our county colours) for €88. I put away a county half zip top that I bought on buy one get one half price in August too so that's a great start on her Christmas.

€55 cut & colour yesterday & saw every hour because the colour makes me itch, have tried different types & they all do it.

€4.10 on a birthday card for my work bestie
€5 on tights for races
€9 on lunch for me & work bestie
Reimbursed by work for cake for work bestie €5.25 smile

Au pair backed into a wall yesterday sad her car also failed its retest during the week

New low on scales today 9.5lbs lost since joining RH Fitness on July 22nd grin marginally more than a lb a week smile

Cagliostro Fri 15-Sep-17 06:24:34

That's fab mammy!

Gosh Em he's really getting ready to arrive isn't he! Yay!

DD full of cold last night and I'm sneezing too. Hoping they will still let me have my whooping cough vaccine today.

ChristmasSeacow Fri 15-Sep-17 06:45:19

Morning all.

Great weight loss*Mammy*. I too have starts Christmas shopping - I bought a scooter for DS originally for his birthday and then decided to keep it for Christmas. If only DH and DParents were so easy hmm

Meeting friends for brunch today so won't be NSD. I really need to get out a bit more though so am looking forward to it.

I also set up an old Fitbit last night that my sister passed on to me. It clips into a pocket or my bra. I'm interested to see how many steps I do with two x 40 minute round trips to school. If I love it and want more functionality (since this one is quite basic) I could drop hints to DH for one for Christmas, but at least then I'd know I'll use it.

I've been sitting up in bed holding DD since 4am. My back and neck are really hurting sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.