Talk

Advanced search

Facebook Bridezilla? Rude or Understandable?

(88 Posts)
Everyonelovesabridezillathread Tue 09-Oct-18 21:53:43

AIBU to think this is pretty rude? Yes it probably is annoying when people ask questions about your engagement or wedding, but most of the time they are just making polite small talk?

toriatoriatoria Tue 09-Oct-18 21:55:49

Wow, that is pretty rude!

formerbabe Tue 09-Oct-18 21:57:23

Charming.

I doubt most people who are asking questions give a crap about her wedding...it's just polite small talk to ask how it's going.

Very rude.

Minniemagoo Tue 09-Oct-18 21:58:50

I always think posts like this, esp on FB, are just attention seeking. You know the way kids seek attention and if they don't get it positively will look for it by misbehaving.
Sad really.

fifig87 Tue 09-Oct-18 21:59:08

Rude! Lucky lucky groom...

letsgetreadytosamba Tue 09-Oct-18 21:59:09

Wow, it’s called being politely interested!

And anyone can wear a kilt, you don’t combust it you’re not Scottish hmm

YANBU your pal is mental

Athena51 Tue 09-Oct-18 21:59:10

Bloody hell, she has some serious anger issues. I bet she'd be even more furious if no one gave a shit about her nuptials.

OP have people replied to this on FB and if so, what have they said? (I'm so nosy)

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Oct-18 22:00:29

I feel sorry for Mr Scribble

Returnofthesmileybar Tue 09-Oct-18 22:01:54

People who ask these questions rarely actually give a fuck what the answer is they are just being polite or filling an awkward silence with wedding talk. This woman sounds like a complete up her own arse bitch

CandleIit Tue 09-Oct-18 22:03:02

Oh my goodness. That's one of those messages you type out and don't send. Ouch!

dogandrunning Tue 09-Oct-18 22:03:42

Wow what a lucky man the groom is !! confusedconfused

Hassled Tue 09-Oct-18 22:04:11

Oh I dunno - it sounds like a woman so much at the end of her tether that she's lost any sense of what's OK. You have to assume she's been bombarded with annoying questions.

Bambamber Tue 09-Oct-18 22:04:38

I don't think anyone cares about her wedding half as much as she thinks they do

Thatssomebadhatharry Tue 09-Oct-18 22:04:39

Daily Fail will love this one.

DeusEx Tue 09-Oct-18 22:05:29

Yeahhh that would be an instant defriend.

Schuyler Tue 09-Oct-18 22:06:05

There’s really no excuse for that sort of outburst. People ask polite questions about weddings, pregnancy and children etc to be nice. Ugh.

SandAndSea Tue 09-Oct-18 22:07:27

... 'Unfriend'.

foodiefil Tue 09-Oct-18 22:08:04

Idiot. 'Only Scottish people can wear kilts' - piss orf!

Dare you to comment: "what colour are your bridesmaids wearing?" 😀

Loonoon Tue 09-Oct-18 22:22:13

That’s so arrogant.

Skittlesandbeer Tue 09-Oct-18 22:23:10

I’d be too busy praying I didn’t get an invitation to this harridan’s ‘special day’ to get too offended by this...

I’d probably nudge it along a bit with a 🤣 under her post.

ButchyRestingFace Tue 09-Oct-18 22:25:01

She had me at "the amount of questions".

🙉

MilkAndSevenSugars Tue 09-Oct-18 22:25:05

👀 I want to see screenshots of the replies too! Love a bit of Facebook dramz

Wearywithteens Tue 09-Oct-18 22:25:17

Imagine if your child wasn’t. ‘Selected’ one!

Greatbigterribleshart Tue 09-Oct-18 22:25:41

God forbid anyone tries to make conversation with that miserable trout!

lalalalyra Tue 09-Oct-18 22:28:58

I think that sounds like a very specific point, despite the illusion of it being aimed at several people, aimed at one person who is overstepping with their opinions on the wedding.

bakingdemon Tue 09-Oct-18 22:29:09

I was with her on "yes I will be wearing my glasses" and "yes I will be changing my name" - but after that....

TheHobbitMum Tue 09-Oct-18 22:30:42

What a charmer!

Maryann1975 Tue 09-Oct-18 22:30:53

Ha, is she my (future) sil. I don’t have anything in common with her, so have to talk about the wedding. No idea what we will talk about once they are married.

BleakBetty Tue 09-Oct-18 22:32:40

God. That’s pretty cringy. Does she actually think people care that desperately about her wedding? The only reason people other than her close family will go is for a bit of booze and a knees-up, I imagine they couldn’t give a monkeys about the fine details of this once-in-a-lifetime event and are only asking as a point of small talk or just general pleasantries!

Lwoj Tue 09-Oct-18 22:35:05

I think you should comment on the post with a question about the wedding!

SenoritaViva Tue 09-Oct-18 22:38:07

So rude. Definitely comment!

MaluCachu Tue 09-Oct-18 22:39:32

Comment and report back wink

Xmasfairy86 Tue 09-Oct-18 22:41:24

What milk said! Need to see the comments!

Scrumptiousbears Tue 09-Oct-18 22:42:21

Silly cow.

I will also point out I know someone who claims her fiancé chose the ring bragging how well he did but hear from the fiancé she dragged him round numerous shops showing him who to buy "when" he does 👍🏻

It's all bollocks.

Ohyesiam Tue 09-Oct-18 22:42:54

Blimy.
I can imagine thinking like that if i had really bad pms, but can’t imagine voicing it.Actually writing it and deciding to click send. That is something else .
A match made in heaven?

CoughLaughFart Tue 09-Oct-18 22:44:36

My only question about her wedding would be ‘How the bloody hell did you persuade anyone to marry you?’

ClemClemFandango Tue 09-Oct-18 22:44:47

Is it Princess Eugenie?

JeanPagett Tue 09-Oct-18 22:45:10

God that's rude!

Especially as people are generally only asking to be polite and show an interest. God knows I don't actually care about how most people got engaged.

TomHardysNextWife Tue 09-Oct-18 22:46:16

She never graduated charm school, did she.

hmm

I hope she got lots of "well we don't want to come anyway" in reply grin

Witchofzog Tue 09-Oct-18 22:46:46

Oh yes please post screen shots of the replies. She sounds like an arrogant rude asshole. I bet no-one is that bothered really and are just being polite.

Ellie56 Tue 09-Oct-18 22:47:44

Is it Princess Eugenie? grin

Starlight345 Tue 09-Oct-18 22:48:12

I am place marking for replies

Everyonelovesabridezillathread Tue 09-Oct-18 22:48:27

Alas, I am not facebook friends with her, so cannot see the replies sad. It was posted to a group hen do chat by one of my friends friends, to say at least the our bride friend is a bit more chilled!

Tbh I get that getting asked about your glasses would be annoying, but the rest is a bit OTT.

YourVagesty Tue 09-Oct-18 22:49:47

Ooooff

BrushTheCatEar Tue 09-Oct-18 22:54:20

What a rude cow! It’s just a talking point for most people, doesn’t mean they actually care or are hinting for an invite!

ALemonyPea Tue 09-Oct-18 22:55:03

Felt some sympathy with the glasses, the rest she’s just rude! Be thankful you’re not invited.

45redballoons Tue 09-Oct-18 22:56:07

I could have written this on the run up to my wedding. I didn’t even care about these things. Now it is over though I find myself asking similar to people because I think they’d be hurt if I didn’t ask how it was going.

OhLookHeKickedTheBall Tue 09-Oct-18 22:56:32

There are some brides out there who get upset that people don't show this level of interest in their wedding. I find it sort of refreshing that someone is losing it over people being too interested!

Villainelle Tue 09-Oct-18 22:58:05

Wish i was friends with her so I could advise her how nobody actually gives a shit.

Wait til she's pregnant and everyone's asking questions about her vagina grin

blackvelvetband Tue 09-Oct-18 23:02:05

I wish she was my fb friend so I could comment that no one really gives a fuck.
I guarantee you that these people are just being polite
She needs a big ladder to get over herself with

InfiniteVariety Tue 09-Oct-18 23:03:54

Wait till she's pregnant and everyone's asking questions about her vagina

grin grin grin grin

Everyonelovesabridezillathread Tue 09-Oct-18 23:04:19

If I was invited, I'd turn up in a kilt grin

annikin Tue 09-Oct-18 23:05:40

Wow, incredibly rude and unnecessary. Surprised she has anyone who would want to go to her wedding.

Fundays12 Tue 09-Oct-18 23:21:54

Very rude I would be politely declining an invitation to the wedding of someone who posted that. Reality is most people don’t care about her wedding but are being polite and making small (probably boring for them ) talk with her.

mooncuplanding Tue 09-Oct-18 23:23:52

I would fucking love to go to that wedding

Free drama entertainment guaranteed

WatsonCat Tue 09-Oct-18 23:30:15

What a cow! I bet she's been defriended many a time on FB today!

SinisterBumFacedCat Tue 09-Oct-18 23:39:25

She spelt arse wrong

KC225 Tue 09-Oct-18 23:46:47

And on the day, she'll have a veil, she'll have natural make up, with just the hint of a blush. When all her guests are thinking .........

Bloody hell - bring back the poem. All is forgiven.

Alaaya Tue 09-Oct-18 23:49:15

Stunningly rude. Also, since when did she get to be the kilt police?

Squidgee Tue 09-Oct-18 23:53:47

doesn't bother me. if one of my friends posted that i'd chuckle, then send her a message and ask if she was ok.

littlemisscomper Tue 09-Oct-18 23:54:10

It's a really good way of making sure she's not overwhelmed with too many wedding presents anyway!

dinosaurkisses Wed 10-Oct-18 00:01:37

What a cow! I bet she's been defriended many a time on FB today!

It would be amateur to de friend her, when clearly she is a volcano of mental Facebook drama just waiting to explode.

Celebelly Wed 10-Oct-18 00:02:14

What a load of nonsense, especially the kilt stuff.

We have been to plenty of Scottish weddings and my English DH has always been welcome to wear a kilt (and encouraged!)

Graphista Wed 10-Oct-18 00:06:40

Wow!!

As a Scot, yes strictly speaking etiquette wise only scots should wear the kilt BUT nobody really fusses if non scots do and honestly in response to a tirade like that I can well imagine it being arranged among guests either EVERYONE wearing kilts or NONE! Frankly she'd be lucky to get accepting rsvp's!

Someone send her a grip ASAP!

Celebelly Wed 10-Oct-18 00:10:40

I'm a Scot too and no one at any wedding I've been to would dream of saying anything about a non-Scot wearing a kilt. My DP took a while to work up the courage after moving here but now he rocks a kilt with the best of them! In fact, everyone has been delighted he has made the effort. I do love a man in a kilt wistful sigh

Koalablue Wed 10-Oct-18 00:41:25

What an attention seeking gob-shite. Imagine the whining she,d do if no one cared enough fo ask about her wedding.

dinosaurkisses Wed 10-Oct-18 00:43:03

Did your mate find this on the Reddit wedding planning boards? It seems like the sort of shit that some posters there think is totally reasonable.

Jux Wed 10-Oct-18 00:46:02

Can't you become friends with one of her friends and then see the comments?! Surely it's worth a go!

Olderbyaminute Wed 10-Oct-18 01:03:34

Maybe she’ll unwrap Dake Carnegie’s book “How to win friends and influence people” at her reception? Good luck to anyone marrying into that hot mess!

Olderbyaminute Wed 10-Oct-18 01:03:58

Dale ugh

agnurse Wed 10-Oct-18 01:08:14

"Only selected children." I can't even.

Then again, I may be a bit biased. My dad is the youngest of four and my mum is the oldest of 10. At the time of our wedding I had over 40 cousins ranging in age from mid-50s to a year old. Plus Mum's siblings had invited my parents and all of us kids to their weddings. We couldn't just not invite the kids. Also my husband has a daughter who was 6 at the time. She and my husband's godparents' young son were in our wedding party.

1forAll74 Wed 10-Oct-18 01:20:07

Very rude I would say,,, and glad the woman has managed to find some guy to marry her, !

KevinTheYuccaPlant Wed 10-Oct-18 07:22:42

I went to a wedding this summer where our Scottish niece was marrying a Welshman at a venue in Scotland - the groom, his family and best man all turned up in Welsh tartan kilts with Welsh dragons on their epaulettes, everyone thought it was fabulous.

NWQM Wed 10-Oct-18 07:28:01

I’m loving be idea that it’s Eugenia....Duke of Edinburgh put in his place about a kilt. How dare Anne ask about glasses. Will’s three upstage me - never cries the bride.

Sarahjconnor Wed 10-Oct-18 08:10:56

A woman at work was once wittering on about her wedding dress fitting so I said ‘how exciting, what are you going for’ and instead of saying ‘it’s a secret’ or similar she gave me a 5 min rant about how ‘everyone wanted a piece of her’
Yeah, okay love, I was only feining interest and genuinely couldn’t give a shiny shit.

londonrach Wed 10-Oct-18 08:14:43

Wow, no onesinterested in her wedding..its small talk like asking about the weather. Vvv rude.

thecatsthecats Wed 10-Oct-18 08:28:54

There’s really no excuse for that sort of outburst. People ask polite questions about weddings, pregnancy and children etc to be nice. Ugh.

My sister and I were talking about this. We both HATE it. Small talk is a necessary evil, but a year's worth of focused small talk is torture. Especially when it comes with the insane weight of interference that people DO show with decisions you make about weddings or babies.

Usually flippantly meant, in all fairness, but when you hear for the millionth time, I can see someone snapping fairly.

Haven't myself, but in December, when my wedding is over, I'm looking forward to being asked about my life again!

WasabiSpring Wed 10-Oct-18 08:44:08

Seems quite likely she's the type who would get just as pissed off if nobody asked her about the wedding at all.

Mehaveit Wed 10-Oct-18 08:52:02

What an arsehole! Imagine people asking her about a major event in her life hmm

My colleague is pregnant. I'm not the mother and I'm not going to be invited to the birth but I still asked how things were going and empathised at the sickness she'd experienced.

MacosieAsunter Wed 10-Oct-18 08:53:36

Some people are intrusive - I absolutely loathe and abhor that line of incessant questioning.

>waves arms expansively< just wait until she gets the starting a family questions, she'll absolutely implode.

I fully empathise with her. TBH, most adults would get bored shitless being repeatedly asked the same question by 20 people daily.

HomeMadeMadness Wed 10-Oct-18 08:54:08

Bloody hell what a rude cow! If they hadn't made small talk about her wedding it would be about the weather. She could have just said "It's going fine but I'm bored of wedding talk, how is your aunt Judy getting on?" or whatever. Does she think she's some kind of celebrity whose wedding is strangely fascinating to everyone.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 10-Oct-18 09:13:02

Lol at the "selected children".

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Wed 10-Oct-18 09:41:21

I want to know what's wrong with her glasses that everyone's asking whether she'll be wearing them on the day in the photos grin

CalonGlas Wed 10-Oct-18 09:48:05

"So, Moira, where are you getting married?"
"FUUUUCCCKKK OOFFFFFFFFF."
"Oh, how nice."

KeiTeNgeNge Wed 10-Oct-18 09:54:07

The glasses question could be exciting - is she rocking massive multihued Elton John shades on her beehive updo as she struts down the aisle in her mini kilt, selected children flinging Hershey kisses as they go... grin

Wherearemycarkeys Wed 10-Oct-18 16:18:35

Rude and insanely obnoxious! Who does she think she is?

wenwell Fri 12-Oct-18 17:00:29

I wonder how many guests will show up after that post? If you don't want to deal with wedding questions then you better remove yourself from the planet because there will ALWAYS be questions.

Persiangirl Fri 12-Oct-18 22:31:25

Don’t know her but don’t like her!
What a horror!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: